Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kairi

Jam Questions and Critique Thread

Ok, I got it! basically to do K, S, S, TK236+K you have to push 8 at the same time (a little after) the second S... It's almost a JI. It makes it like: K, S, S8, 236+K (but still... if the guy is crouching, he's laughing waiting for you to come down...) but it deals great damage! I give you that! K, S, S, TK236+K, RC, JP, K, S, re-jump, D -> 3 kicks for a 195 dmg combo using only a RC (no charge) is pretty decent! I am gonna keep that for sol's screwed dragons!^^

K, S, S, TK236+K, RC, JP, K, S, re-jump, D -> 3 kicks for a 195 dmg combo using only a RC (no charge) is pretty decent!

I think, what ... - TK236K - RC - JHs - land - hj9\j9 - jS - jHS - 3kicks is better...

Ok a few more noobie questions. I'm pretty sure I picked up the answers just from watching match vids, but I want to see what you guys say. 2 questions: -What is the correct followup to a CH 236+S, S wallbounce? -What is the correct followup to a CH IAD 214+K? Thanks :)

-What is the correct followup to a CH 236+S, S wallbounce?

there is no "correct" follow up... just act with feeling. ^^

I do: Dash, S, S, JC, S, P, S, re jump, D, 3 kicks

-What is the correct followup to a CH IAD 214+K?

I do:

S, 2HS, 3 Kicks

Better is possible, but the possibility to screw up is to high... not worth in a versus match IMO.

no worries

The more I ask questions the more I realize that it's pretty hard to make a Jam combo guide...so much of it is just improv and judgement of height and distance. Thanks anyway tho, atryu :D

The more I ask questions the more I realize that it's pretty hard to make a Jam combo guide...so much of it is just improv and judgement of height and distance.

exactly! and it depends also who who playing against!... this is why I find that this Q&A topic makes more sense than a combo list.

I think that Jam has 2 kinds of very distinct combos:

1: The "Show time" combos, for CMs

2: The "Kick his ass" combos, for versus matchs

In my opinion, it is always better to perform a simple combo, but a SURE damage, than trying to get a wonderful avalanche of hits, but screwing up on the first RC...

I play GG notably in the arcades angainst japanese players most of the time, I can't afford to waste an occasion to deal damage, so I go with the simple-but-sure combo techniques.^^

Indeed the "showtime" combos are difficult, but sometimes they have different applications than just damage. I think one of my favorite tensionless combos right now is launcher 5.s 2.h 236s~s because it gives u many more options to work with than just going for damage. Since it gives knockdown u could go for a charge, continue pressure, follow up without tension in corner, or RC it midscreen for more damage. A lot of people would consider this a "showtime" combo because of the tight link between 2.h and puffball but learning some of these combos could really improve our game. Anyway i guess the point i'm trying to make is don't overlook all the tough combos just because they take much more practice for maybe even just a little more reward.

I recently begin playing Jam, and i have a stupid noob quiestion. I´ve seen in KA2 vids, that he does a cross´up with the K shoryu almost in ground. Whats the exat input for that move? Any recomendations for simple and effective combos for a jam beginer? Thx.

69 - 6623K. Little hard to do it in the beginning. Forgot about this... And remember, when you get a little more skill playing Jam=) But, it`s just my IMHO=) Simple combos... Oh-ho-ho... D - /\ - [HS - HS] - s - jc - s - hs - kicks - cont.*! K - S - 2S - 2D - Charge K - S - S - 2HS - Kicks - cont.* K - S - S - HS(2-3) - 236S -> K - 236K - 214K(or 623K for cont.*) 214K - 2P - S - jc - D(or, K - D) - Kicks - cont* 2D - RC - 66 - S.c - S.f - aircombo Throw - FRC - S.c - S.f - jc - S - jc - HS - kicks - cont*! Poke 2S =) If counter - 2S(CH) - 66 - 2S - 2D - charge. If not - just do 2D - charge You also may replace K with 6P, or just with S, or 2P\P. *Cont. - means more things 1) - 236(PO) - RC it, and relaunch with the S -> 236K(PO) - 66 - S.c - S.f - jc - S - jc - HS - kicks 2) - 623K - RC - and go for combo=) -> .... - 236K - 623K(1-2) - RC - S - jc - HS - kicks(you also may repeat that with another 623K(1-2) - RC) ! - Useless... But if you enemy die from that - go for it. Very! Simple combos and have some effective=)

I recently begin playing Jam, and i have a stupid noob quiestion.

I´ve seen in KA2 vids, that he does a cross´up with the K shoryu almost in ground.

Whats the exat input for that move?

69 - 6623K. Little hard to do it in the beginning. Forgot about this... And remember, when you get a little more skill playing Jam=)

But, it`s just my IMHO=)

Not exactly... (actually, not at all!) of course, if you try to pull it out this way, its too hard! (you need cyborg fingers to it like that! especially if you try to IAD with 69...)

Just do:

IAD, into a DP motion+K... it makes it:

9623+K (you got to do it at "light speed" VERY low to have the Shoryu actually go DOWN...)

Any recomendations for simple and effective combos for a jam beginer?

Thx.

If you are a Jam beginner, you should learn her play-style first...

Understand how and when are the good times to hit an opponent... if you do it right, you just need to know how to combo the 3 kicks to deal great damage!

for example, learn to parry into 2S for a sure CH, and a stagger!

Learn the 6HS RC trick to break the guard! (very useful! as it is a sure air combo when the guy blocks and have no more burst!)

opponenet guarding low: 5K, S, 6HS (all guarded low) RC->S (free guard break launcher!)

Get rid of the Streeet fighter habit to DP all air-ennemies! Learn how to counter aerial attacks with her JS:

oppopnent jumps in:

JS(CH or not), Re-Jump (no land!), S, HS -> 3 kicks (basic, simple, but deadly punisher!)

Learn how to cross-over with IAD HS and IAD 214+K at Oki. (very useful!)

My advice: Don't concentrate too much on combos! just learn parry, anti-air JS, and use her 632146+HS for high damage in the begining. Also, learn to charge right-after a 2D.

Then, when you are confortable with the character, you can try those combos listed above in this topic.

oh, and master IAD! a very important move when using Jam!

p.s. I am not sure of your level... but these are the Jam basics to master before going to in-depth combos and stuff.

Thank for that great explanation. No problems for understanding, I´ve played GG for years, but never with jam, i used Baiken, Dizzy, Sol and a nerd Ky. I wanted to change drastically muy top character, and i´ve always wanted to train a deadly jam. I play with basic air combos like S,9+S,HS , 3 Kicks. Parrys arn´t as difficult as they look, and pressing with low quickly attacks like 2+P,K,S,S,D are really effective, specially breacking with a D. I will practice your tactics and moves. Thanks again man. ^^

hi everyone, i was wondering if anyone could help me get some jam combo vids one i do want is vacant pasttime, and whatever other vids i could get would be great. i asked in the vid req thread but no one replied =(. thanks ahead of time for your help

... but these are the Jam basics to master before going to in-depth combos and stuff.

not really. jam shouln't even be using alot of them.

Get rid of the Streeet fighter habit to DP all air-ennemies! Learn how to counter aerial attacks with her JS:

No. Jam should not be doing that as an anit air. don't get me wrong her js is one of the best normals in the game, but when you see an opponent say iad at you, you dont jump to conter attack. your wasting frames, by the time you jump then wait for your js to activate you'll probably already be getting hit by there move which is already actiave.

het anti airs are 5p 5s 6p and parry.

js is an air to air move not a universal answers to opponts aerial attacks. js is used say when you opponent is teching and you jumping up to attck them with js, this is the sort of place where her js is most usefull.

opponenet guarding low: 5K, S, 6HS (all guarded low) RC->S (free guard break launcher!)

Okay first of you never want to be using a tension required mixup as a basic, since it requires tension. Secondly if its blocked when you have no tension your gonna be punished.

Also it no free if it cost you 50%, aswell as that everyone can react to that move and block the js/jhs. its the mixup that comes from that tahst hard to block. like 6hs rc jhs, land 5k, tick throw, or land 5k, 5d etc.

That can be usefull, but its not in anyway something to revolve your game around. You have better tensionless options with stuff like 2s 2k then you mixup options are good and tensionless, you can frame trap and mixup tension free.

het anti airs are 5p 5s 6p and parry.

don't forget 2HS ! very situational but good when applicable, like when someone is falling on after you've made them tech above you

2hs will net those who try to cross over Jam^_^"... i got some noob question about Parry, on blocking, can i 1~2 Parry from a blocked combo string or from Block Stun status(EG : knocked down v Ky on corner, Ky do CSE(frc),66D after 3 hits of CSE i was caught on Block Stun and want to Parry the Ky D, can it be done?)

i got some noob question about Parry, on blocking, can i 1~2 Parry from a blocked combo string or from Block Stun status(EG : knocked down v Ky on corner, Ky do CSE(frc),66D after 3 hits of CSE i was caught on Block Stun and want to Parry the Ky D, can it be done?)

It would work in RELOAD/SLASH... (I usually did 46 quickly and I didn't care about the blockstun position)

not anymore in AC... as you have to keep some neutral frames position and actually do 4 before 6 in order to parry...

(like if you guard, so you are on 4, you can't just 6 to parry anymore.)

but once you are in blockstun and the next move hits you while you´re in blockstun you don´t need to hold "6" to block it...so you can go neutral (you do this all the time when instantblocking) and parrying after blockstun should be possible...maybe i´m wrong, i haven´t played AC yet >_<

but once you are in blockstun and the next move hits you while you´re in blockstun you don´t need to hold "6" to block it...

true...

but it's risky... if you mess up, you'll eat a combo with dmg increased! (because of your guard bar)

there's always a risk to take on everytime u trying to Parry an attack :) i think we just need to bear with it and try not to mess up to often XD and forgot to ask... against Multi hit moves like Volcanic Viper, Ride the Lightning etc can i block the moves and parry the last hit? or continuously do parry like Gold Ver of Jam that Parry all the way out of Justice Gamma Ray O_o??