Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

Jam Questions and Critique Thread

If your puffballs get stuffed you have to run DEM SLIDE MIXUPS. Unless it's Slayer. Then you're forbidden from pushing any button at any point in the match ever.

Split kick works out a lot, but I don't really have any combos for after, yet.
Edited by president

I never had time to charge cards without FB...everyone is too aggressive. I need knockdown, but that means I have to hit them first.

Edited by Star-Demon

The normal charge is actually faster to recover than the FB version...though you get a card as soon as you press the button with the FB version.

Either way, 2D 22X or 6H H 22X is all you need. You can only really charge cards during neutral in certain matchups, A.B.A. (if you don't mind her using a bloodpack), Potemkin (If you can deal with a Slidehead), and maybe other characters that aren't interested in rushing in at a moment's notice.

Admittedly canceling from 2D into 22X was difficult for me at first, so you might want to practice that and practice hitconfirming that. Jam gets KD off of everything lol, so you shouldn't have trouble to get cards.

sidenote: In AC+R both her normal and FB Breath of Asanagi are sped up, and she can cancel into them after 6H, 6HH, and FBPB. Woo for more cards AND more advantage after a charge on KD!

It's not characters as much players. Most people know who I am - they will always 100% be in my face and let me blow myself up. I need to make correct choices or it's going to be a repeat of september TSB.

ummm as for how that pertains to this - Most characters probably have a way to blow up 22X in neutral. If I can get a Knockdown I know what to do, but I'm more interested in reversing a situation, because most people I play are 100% fine with putting me in a corner and doing whatever - they can afford all those risks. I need to develop answers.

Anyways- president has a nice flowchart there. I never really thought of it that way. Now to develop to discipline to confirm it every time or lose.

I just need to hit them.

If you're having trouble reversing momentum, practice parrying under blockstrings, knowing when you CAN parry under blockstrings, IBing, SBing mutli-hit moves and the like. 5P and 2H when they try to jump in, or parry if you know they're gonna use an aerial attack. You're right about just needing to hit them though.

You know what? I guess I'm saying in entirely too many words, "PLAY MORE GUILTY GEAR"

Looking at the roster carefully and preferable fighting style I'll be playing Jam from the looks of it. Just deciding which console to buy GGAC+ for the time being, I'll be sure to bring my questions here after I get some down time.

p.s.- I plan to fool around with I-no as well so whichever of the two strikes right with me will share a main and a sub slot.

Alright so I'm picking GG back up since it's on a console I actually have an arcade stick for that works. I'm thinking about making Jam my main in AC+R, switching over from testament, and I would like to know how do you perform an IAD constantly after 236P FRC. I've been attempting this for awhile and I can get it, but only on occasion, any tips would be appreciated.

IAD has a minimum height requirement, you're probably inputting the airdash too fast and it won't go out since you're too low.

Blocked 5H gives me lots of options but all of them seem unsafe off a special cancel (great if it hits, though). 6P seems to mess with most people, but I need stronger and safer options. Ideas?

5H > 6H

Last hit of 5H is + so you can bait or stuff their mash/reversal

236P gimmicks

236SP > 6H/Throw

236SS/236SH

5H > 6K > ...

What are Jams optimal combos for 2HS anti air midscreen(Counter and non counter hit)? I tend to land these a lot.

5H > 6K > ...

5H > 6K is a frame trap I assume? Whats the best confirm for this if it lands?

5H -> 6K is a gatling, actually. 5H > 6K > stuff to keep them blocking and get to a blockstring ender.

As for your best options off of a 2H, eh depends on their weight class and hitbox.

2H FBPB corner loop or card depending on how far they are should always work and is good, obviously.

2H 6H H card if you don't have meter.

2H 6H xx 5S air combo gets more damage and if you have a card you can go into charged ryujin for a wall loop.

Any good videos that TEACH you basic Jam combos? I've seen tons of impressive stuff but it's super fast paced and hard to follow. If they include inputs, even better.

Any good videos that TEACH you basic Jam combos? I've seen tons of impressive stuff but it's super fast paced and hard to follow. If they include inputs, even better.

Nothing practical off the top of my head, unless someone else knows! This weekend I'll try to pull something together.

I've had most of the clips for such a 'basic' tutorial around, I just thought they were kinda unnecessary with ACR coming up and all.

I put them together now anyway, here.

I've had most of the clips for such a 'basic' tutorial around, I just thought they were kinda unnecessary with ACR coming up and all.

I put them together now anyway, here.

Even with AC+R coming out soon, that's still a great tutorial and I'm sure it'll be of great help. Thanks a ton, Pres.

Sooo our ft10...<___< man is there anything i need to seriously work on,change,fix,etc...I need my jam and my general game to level up !!

Edited by Amadeous
moving the post www

Sooo our ft10...<___< man is there anything i need to seriously work on,change,fix,etc...I need my jam and my general game to level up !!

Okay big things I notice:

Your pressure is really REALLY weak, I was mostly just downbacking to see what you did/how you timed it, but it looked like you were spending a lot of time thinking about what you could do next. Now there's really no way to fix this other than PLAY MORE but going into training mode and getting comfortable with ALL of Jam's gatlings (there's a bunch) and spacing on her moves.

Combos and hitconfirming are poor too. Learn her ground BnB I was doing, using the 6H 6P link. If you're having trouble with the timing, do 6H 4 in training mode and pay attention to the instant she starts walking backwards, that way you can find the moment to press 6P. Then you can end in knockdown and card and they're not across the screen. Practice your wall loops too, you got ONE and spent a bunch of meter you didn't have to to do it. Compare that to the number of times I got 3 reps on you with only using meter as a starter. Also speaking of meter, learn to watch it. A lot of times you did 5H (3) then tried to FBPB but you didn't have nearly enough meter. That's a tough combo to link, too, so unless you're super sure of being able to do it just go into her ground BnB!

Also it didn't seem like you were aware of all of Jam's gimmicks and tools. I don't think I ever saw you charge a card, maybe once or twice, and having a Ryujin card stocked is a HUGE advantage. Now you can hitconfirm into huge damage and have 236SK as a threat to use.

There's probably more but I dunno if I could think of it all without a face to face discussion. Are you going to WB? I might be going to that and we can talk there. Otherwise you can get at me on Skype/AIM and I can try to get more done there. A lot of it boils down to just keep playing though, and you'll learn.

Okay big things I notice:

Your pressure is really REALLY weak, I was mostly just downbacking to see what you did/how you timed it, but it looked like you were spending a lot of time thinking about what you could do next. Now there's really no way to fix this other than PLAY MORE but going into training mode and getting comfortable with ALL of Jam's gatlings (there's a bunch) and spacing on her moves.

Combos and hitconfirming are poor too. Learn her ground BnB I was doing, using the 6H 6P link. If you're having trouble with the timing, do 6H 4 in training mode and pay attention to the instant she starts walking backwards, that way you can find the moment to press 6P. Then you can end in knockdown and card and they're not across the screen. Practice your wall loops too, you got ONE and spent a bunch of meter you didn't have to to do it. Compare that to the number of times I got 3 reps on you with only using meter as a starter. Also speaking of meter, learn to watch it. A lot of times you did 5H (3) then tried to FBPB but you didn't have nearly enough meter. That's a tough combo to link, too, so unless you're super sure of being able to do it just go into her ground BnB!

Also it didn't seem like you were aware of all of Jam's gimmicks and tools. I don't think I ever saw you charge a card, maybe once or twice, and having a Ryujin card stocked is a HUGE advantage. Now you can hitconfirm into huge damage and have 236SK as a threat to use.

There's probably more but I dunno if I could think of it all without a face to face discussion. Are you going to WB? I might be going to that and we can talk there. Otherwise you can get at me on Skype/AIM and I can try to get more done there. A lot of it boils down to just keep playing though, and you'll learn.

goddamn lol looks like i got a lot to work on ._. But thanks a lot for telling me my flaws and such. Ill be sure to improve. But naahh im not going :/ really wish i could but i cant. But ill hit you on skype or something and we can talk more for sure.

Hi guys! I'm new here. Just want to ask, I've seen Kazu's Jam and I'm wondering how can he do the instant j2k? I know the first hit of that move has HIGH priority and I want to use that move that too. Someone please help me. Thanks in advance :)

Execution-wise it's really nothing at all...just jump and IMMEDIATELY do 2K. The harder part is spacing it, to hit low enough and from far enough away that you won't just be IB'd and punished by a grab. I like to do it if I end a blockstring in a 2D and I'm still pretty close to the opponent, as the pushback from the 2D sets up that space perfectly.

The big advantage from instant j2K isn't really that it beats out a lot of moves, it's that 1) it's hard to block and can be RC'd to knockdown/damage, 2) it sets up a rock/paper/scissors situation when used properly. The opponent can TRY and grab you after being hit by the move, but then they run the risk of Jam doing another j2K or 6H. If they continue blocking, they have to guess between Jam doing another j2K or a 5K. It doesn't work on some characters because their 5H/6Hs are faster and cover a lot of Jam's options there (fuckin' Robo-Ky), but it's good for mindgames and keeping your opponent scared.

The other advantage is like I said earlier, a blockstring ender. Used right you'll be + on block and safe from them mashing grab anyway. Ending a blockstring in a well-done j2K leaves you +2 overall (the move is +8, but has 6 frames of landing recovery, so done perfectly and without RCing it would be +2), allowing you to frame trap immediately afterward with 5K/2K depending on distance.

Sign in to follow this