Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

Jam Questions and Critique Thread

hi...mabe i am not looking hard enough but is there a ac jam general thread? i am trying to find out more about this "jamming" term u guys use in combos but i cant seem to find it... is there anyway to extend to loop? lets say i charged kick some dude and he wall sticked long enough for me to do the 2h 6hs hs combo.. is there a way to do another rep of it beside rcing? thank,

What is the best thing to do after Jam IAD 214+D? All I can think of is running after them but them recover before I have the the chance to do anything. Also, can Jam land a super jump+D on everyone after her throw? I seem to only hit it on a select few characters so it might just be me.

i think you mean iAD 214K do 2HS(2) 6HS(late) S jc j.D 214K for sure dmg. midscreen, universal, on some chars you can even replace the aircombo with j.S jc j.S j.HS 236K/623K (basically everyone the S after 6HS hits close) should do around 160dmg. do c.S jc j.D 214K land f.S jc j.D 214K for more dmg. hard to do midscreen, impossible on some, but pretty universal in the corner, but in the corner you straight go into jamming after a landed iAD K do 2HS(1) 236S~D wallstick -> jamming for nasty dmg. and if you have some tension to spare ^_~ oh, i almost forgot, of course you have to run a short distance before you can connect anything, if you can´t do that you´re a lost cause you can´t connect sj.D on most of the lightweights, it´s downright impossible on millia f.e. to be sure just do sj.S sj.HS 623K on the lightweights and you´ll be fine...on all the normal and heavy chars there should be no problem with sj.D 214K

Also, try to bait them with Airthrow on the recovery (corner only, works on light-mid characters) > K or 6+K, 2+HS (1 hit), 236+S>D -> Jamming for WTF damage.

I need some in-depth strats fighting eddie, axl, and anji. I used to not mind these matchups, but now i keep getting beasted. It seems the only way I win is if i stop their momentum entirely and I get a perfect or something close to it. Does eddy even have any holes in his lockdown? Pretty lame imo... But... I should learn to deal instead of complain. Thanks, -k

AC eddie has many holes compared to #R, try 2P and j.K to hit lil´ed and start your game...imo, his mixup is not THAT hard to block...unblockables are....well, not blockable >_< so, do your best...axl and anji...these matchups are even at least so paly smart and do what works...axl is the only matchup i miss the old 6HS...sorry i know i´m no help(drunk atm)

For Eddie, I am affraid I can't help... I just kindda gave up on this match up (not only with Jam, but with all the chars I play... (Maybe I should learn Eddie to understand how he works... because I have absolutely no idea what is he doing, and what I should do...) Axl is a pain in the ass for Jam! It is IMO the hardest matchup for Jammy in AC. Basically, I just spam puffballs (praying for a CH) and 236+S~P/HJ/jump->236+P to try to approach the guy, but it's really hard against one of those turtling Axls! I remember getting dash-parry (his straight chain atack) into 236+S~HS once or twice in a match too... if this connects, you are in and he is in the corner! then you do what Jam does best! Anji: I think the matchup strat has been posted in the "matchups" thread already. Personally, I use 2S a lot (guess it has a good prio avec Anji's moves as I can get a CH one pretty often), and late recovery at knockdown so I can IAD over the butterfly. Just watch out for his armor-mode moves, if you knock him down once, and he has no "burst", just press with 5K/6HS... if he block the 6HS, try a late 2S for a CH! not really hard matchup IMO...

I'm curious about another Jam combo: It's her 2+D 236S~K~236K... Does it work on everyone and how fast do you have to be for it to connect properly and how fast is too fast after the "K" input? I'm asking this because sometimes when I do 236S~K the split kick seems to just cancel out when I press 236+K.

The faster the better on that combo. Everybody can get caught in that combo but if its a counter you can take your time and hit 236S~K and then go into 236K. There are two characters that have a large hit box and all you have to do is 2+D and 236K and thats Millia and May. That is funny because Potemkin is so big and you cant catch him in that!!! GO figure. Tell me how that works out for you aiight. Also thats a hell of a wall stick combo starter if you have a Ki charged 236K. Keep that shit charged at all times!!!!

What's the best way to practice 'Jamming' / loop? More or less what's a good startup for it in practice mode? Just wanna get some things straight with Jam before I go against my friends who have played alot more then I have. Also wondering if TK is easier with a stick rather then a controller? I've ordered a stick and I find it kinda hard doing TK moves with the regular Ps2 controller. Any other recommendations are welcome but this thread is already pretty sweet :yaaay:

At the moment I'm using gatlings ending with 5H and then cancel into 236S~K~236K. Should I keep using them or learn to do that 2D > 236S~K~236K combo?

Defintly you sholud learn the 2+D > 236+S>K, 236+K linker.

Is not that hard, practice the move itself, without combo.

If you do it right, Jam´ll not move forward at all, just show the spread eagle on the ground.

Then just do the same motion after the 2+D.

If you have a good eye and a fast reaction (pretty common on 3rd Strike) you can hit confirm the 236+S>K so you make sure you don´t waste the Ryujin charge.

n.HS into 236+S>K, 236+K is worst because does less damage and is not always posible in the middle of a bloqued string.

What's the best way to practice 'Jamming' / loop?

More or less what's a good startup for it in practice mode? Just wanna get some things straight with Jam before I go against my friends who have played alot more then I have.

Also wondering if TK is easier with a stick rather then a controller? I've ordered a stick and I find it kinda hard doing TK moves with the regular Ps2 controller.

Any other recommendations are welcome but this thread is already pretty sweet :yaaay:

The best startups for training are:

- 236+K 236+K (Stupid one)

- 236+S>D (Stupid one)

- 2+D > 236+K 236+K (May and Millia only) Easy and also used in real matches.

- n.HS > 236+S>D

- 2+D, 236+S>K > 236+K

- c.S, S > TK 236+K 236+K

About TK´s, I´ve no problems doing them either in a Dual Shock or Arcade Stick, just personal preferences.

As a general tip for playing with your buddies, make sure you play really agressive the first 4 or 5 matches, pull out 236+S>D out of nothing, and make sure you make a jamming loop for each succesfully conected pufball.

Make them fear the FB pufball, so you can just poke them while they´re waiting an invulnerable move (236+S>P / throw baits).

Defintly you sholud learn the 2+D > 236+S>K, 236+K linker.

Alright I can now do it on everyone, except Robo and Slayer (haven't tried it on Pote). However I can't do f.S > TK 236K. Now, should I learn to do that as well or is 2D > 235S~K > 236K enough?

Another combo I use is 5HS > 6HS > 5K > 2HS > 236K > 236K and loop. Is that combo alright or should I learn something else?

Alright I can now do it on everyone, except Robo and Slayer (haven't tried it on Pote). However I can't do f.S > TK 236K. Now, should I learn to do that as well or is 2D > 235S~K > 236K enough?

Another combo I use is 5HS > 6HS > 5K > 2HS > 236K > 236K and loop. Is that combo alright or should I learn something else?

You should learn as many linkers as you could.

The more jamming starters you can pull out, the easier will be to take advance of them in each situation of a match.

In this one [5HS > 6HS > 5K > 2HS > 236K > 236K] I´ll probably go for a c.S > TK 236+K 236+K after the 6+HS.

My idea is going for the max damage, but there´s nothing wrong with it. ;)

any tips on doing the 2d 236sk? its like a just frame or something. it looks like you need to input the K just as the 236s starts to come out, but the timing changes every time depending on the chain b4 the 2d...

tataki: I quote myself from the back page:

Is not that hard, practice the move itself, without combo.

If you do it right, Jam´ll not move forward at all, just show the spread eagle on the ground.

Then just do the same motion after the 2+D.

If you have a good eye and a fast reaction (pretty common on 3rd Strike) you can hit confirm the 236+S>K so you make sure you don´t waste the Ryujin charge.

I found it more easy if you press the K button inmediatly after (without releasing) the S motion.

Has aprox. the same timing as any frc, it´s just practice.

Man this is Kira looking for some help to become a Top class OMG Im scared of this fucker Jam player!!! I need some frame work on how to do standard attacks like I see alot of people start off with kick Slash then come in with other stuff. Just let me know from your experience what works and what does not. I already know the standard stagger attacks. Thanks players

not sure if this has been asked already, but what's the trick to linking out of (air)2D? i was in arcade mode messing around, and somehow i landed IAD 2D (4 hits) > K > S > f.S. i tried messing around in training, but i could never pick it up again. hints?

You're probably refering to air 2K? I'm not very good at this link, but you should probably space it so that the last hit will hit your opponent as close to the ground as possible. The best idea would be timing it so that it hits only once, since the first hit stuns more than the follow ups. This is only in theory though, I don't know if it's even possible to make it hit only once without RC. According to frame data, j.2K is +8 if performed as low as possible so that's probably what you should learn to do. Also 2P comes out 1 frame faster than 5K. Though the difference is little, it might make your combo work. 5P would come out 2 frames faster than 5K, but it probably won't connect on many crounching characters.

Sign in to follow this