Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

Jam Questions and Critique Thread

Ok this is about the Parry-Low FD Block option select. I am unsure what people mean by the input. 461+2 buttons to FD. do you input this quickly and you'll get the parry or the low block depending on how they attack or for the parry to succeed do you need to do 46...pause 1+2 buttons to FD if you notice them going for a low?

Basically, how it works is you parry and then cancel the catch frames after a frame or two into crouching faultless. It's only ever going to work if you're parrying with reversal timing, otherwise you'll just always end up blocking. Like, it's more of a cop out really for when you have no idea what your opponent is going to do and want to take strong defensive action, and less about parrying random bs into combos. I guess it would be really pro if you mastered reversal dash break parry option selecting, but really, I don't want to go there and neither should you. Now for other random basic questions, does any one else ever accedentally get jumpstartup when they are clutch blocking high-low?

Basically, how it works is you parry and then cancel the catch frames after a frame or two into crouching faultless. It's only ever going to work if you're parrying with reversal timing, otherwise you'll just always end up blocking. Like, it's more of a cop out really for when you have no idea what your opponent is going to do and want to take strong defensive action, and less about parrying random bs into combos. I guess it would be really pro if you mastered reversal dash break parry option selecting, but really, I don't want to go there and neither should you.

what do you mean by reversal timing?

Reversal timing just means that you are doing it in reaction to something, right before it hits. Usually you do supers/dps with this timing because of the slight chunk or invincibility at the start of the move usually makes your opponent whiff the move you are countering through you or just cover you until your move actually becomes active. That short new Jam CMV is freaking crazy. I think it`s probably my second favorite AC CMV so far. First being that hos vid called Promise. Props to the guy for using enka in a cmv, love that stuff.

Reversal only applies to wake up. Since the window for a reversal is 1 frame, you cannot do it on reaction. It's something that you decide to do, and stick with it as a counter for the specific instance. It's only a small technicality in wording, but I just want to make sure that none of the newer people confuse the terms on other parts of the forum. Just making sure there is consistency in the notations. And personally, I'm not a fan of parry backdash. It's susceptable to jump in throw and jump in lows. I'd rather parry low block, or IB backdash.

Reversal's meaning is game dependent. It normally means during a couple select frames when you are waking up you do an attack so that you hit your opponent during their wakeup pressure (unless they just block on wakeup and pwn you). In some games, however, it also means doing an attack at the first possible moment you can after being 'incapacitated'. Examples are in 3rd Strike that if you do an attack immediately after leaving block stun you'll get a reversal message. Thx for clarifying the option select though.

Jam's j2k links to 236236h with out an rc. Any one else found out about this and played around with it? How do you think it pans out against the traditional rc combos...?

Crouching characters suffer 1 extra frame of hitstun, so if a 3F 5P works on standers, the 4F 2P will connect on crouchers. Then again, the framedata for Jam suggests that your frame advantage depends on how high you start the j.2K, with +8 being the best case where pretty much any normal not 5H/6H/2H/5D will link from a j.2K.

I have a question about Faust... he sometimes does a weird move when Jam is OTG and waking up, he dashes, and turns his scalpel arround him... I don't seem to be able to guard that... what are the best options against that?

I have a question about Faust...

he sometimes does a weird move when Jam is OTG and waking up, he dashes, and turns his scalpel arround him... I don't seem to be able to guard that... what are the best options against that?

You don't mean his throw right....?

:eng101:

Ah, I lol'd.

shit, like I thought, it's a command throw... so, waking up with a 2P counters it? ...can I wake up in a 6HS (as it is unthrowable...) if I predict that he's going to do his stuff? (I am sorry, I have never even tried Faust once as I hate everything about this character... not interested in learning him at all... so I don't know about his commands.)

Faust's command "throw" is not a throw. It's a command unblockable. Once it comes out, you cant block it, that's why sometimes it comes out even though you are no longer there, and that's also why that thing is really really annoying. Basically, you can see it coming, and jump, but it may still come out and you will get nailed.

Ansem, have you checked the previous page of this thread (page 16) or tried searching the forum ? ;)

You could have found that post explaining Jam's "secret" 100-hit overdrive :

If you still want to know,

100% tension

64641236P+K

Faust's command "throw" is not a throw. It's a command unblockable. Once it comes out, you cant block it, that's why sometimes it comes out even though you are no longer there, and that's also why that thing is really really annoying.

Basically, you can see it coming, and jump, but it may still come out and you will get nailed.

Right.... so what do you gainst that shit when the guys does it at oki ALL THE TIME? :vbang:

As I understand: parry and guard are useless... and jump is not a guaranteed escape.... does Jam have a couter to that?

You can still beat it dp, it's just you have to know it's coming because Faust's basic pressure is perfectly safe vs Jam's dp. I heard 6p also beats it, but I haven't bother confirming it.

I was under the impression he can stick it out even when you are in block stun, since it's not a throw. You can backdash it sometimes, but what about other times when he may lock you down with some projectile?

Sign in to follow this