Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C0R

[CSE] μ12: War Room - Tactics of Terror v1000

Its a joke. I don't even post enough on this site or in the mu-12 forums to call myself that seriously. I don't think im some godlike player. I've never been to a offline tourney. calm down b4 we have a riot in the forums. u could of at least give me some adivce. The combos start after 0:06 if ppl thinks its a troll video which i would not waste time doing. If I offfended you or anyone else then sorry. maybe i should say im joking in the vid.

Edit: i'll add im joking about the Savior part on the intro vid.

lol if you say you're good someone's gonna get salty, it's the rule of the internet

FGs are serious business, obv. I thought it was funny, just another case of how jokes/sarcasm don't translate well in text.

ARE WE COOL?

Serious talk, you asked for a critique, and I can supply that:

- I recommend getting better recording equipment if you would like to continue to record stuff. Shakycam is really hard/annoying to watch, and you can pick up a Dazzle or something similar for around $50, give or take.

- I would try to work on your editing as well, it just seems like you recorded it and then slapped it up on Youtube. Editing isn't required or anything, but it makes it more enjoyable to watch and gives your video a more polished look overall.

- Your combos are kind of... boring? No offense, but I didn't really see anything remarkable or interesting.

- Nice choice of music.

FGs are serious business, obv. I thought it was funny, just another case of how jokes/sarcasm don't translate well in text.

ARE WE COOL?

Serious talk, you asked for a critique, and I can supply that:

- I recommend getting better recording equipment if you would like to continue to record stuff. Shakycam is really hard/annoying to watch, and you can pick up a Dazzle or something similar for around $50, give or take.

- I would try to work on your editing as well, it just seems like you recorded it and then slapped it up on Youtube. Editing isn't required or anything, but it makes it more enjoyable to watch and gives your video a more polished look overall.

- Your combos are kind of... boring? No offense, but I didn't really see anything remarkable or interesting.

- Nice choice of music.

Yeah we are cool. No one didnt understand where the other person was coming from. No big deal. Thanks for the advice but I dont think a dazzle or a simliar program would work on my netbook since the cpu is 1.66ghz 1 processorncore only and I only have 1GB of Ram. If there is something else that would work on my netbook then can someone let know. Otherwise, I'll just have to pay x hundred of dollars for a good laptop.

@pochp My main focus was to just show her corner carry and not use supers but I should went back and watched the vid.

Thanks for advice both of you. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Lets pretend this didnt happen.:keke:

lol if you say you're good someone's gonna get salty, it's the rule of the internet

I made this when I should of been sleeping. I wasn't thinking straight at all. If any wants the youtube link to the song here

Blazblue Crisis Reversed - The World's Collapse [unlimited MU- 12]

I've just started using this character, and she kind of confuses me. I saw that the critique thread was closed and my friend told me to ask for help in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgDKK9T_-Ho

Some matches I had the other day (I'm terrible), I drop so much stuff and random distortions plague me to no end. Hope this is the right spot :<

I've just started using this character, and she kind of confuses me. I saw that the critique thread was closed and my friend told me to ask for help in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgDKK9T_-Ho

Some matches I had the other day (I'm terrible), I drop so much stuff and random distortions plague me to no end. Hope this is the right spot :<

IMO just start slow at the basics, especially Mu's normals and your movement. Learn how to abuse her long range normals, while also knowing when you should use her faster normals. After that you can start learning her most basic combo's and stein setups, because right now there is not that much other advice to give because you don't seem to know how her normals and steins work.

Some questions regarding Mu in CSEX.

1) Corner combos and steins - is there a way to tell when you can do j.5D at the end of an air string and then OTG them to continue the combo? Sometimes I can do something like j.C j.2C j.5D and then OTG with 2B 5C 2C and continue the combo and the stein will hit them in air and other times they can tech on the ground or mid air (after the otg). Is it the starter I use? If its a counter hit start? if they were crouching? I've kinda given up on all but the most obvious combo starters (6c fatal or catch them with a sod wall bounce) for using steins in combos in corner due to this. I dont think its dropped combos as I've done every challenge mode combo with ease for mu and can do the ones listed in combo thread in training and have them work. Just when in match you dont get to do 5b 5c starters all that often and picking up combos off random hits/starters seems to always make it so my steins dont seem to work in combos/give tech opportunities. I assume its a proration thing. I find I end up just doing j.C > j.2C > land > 2C > SOD > 6A > super (or variations of it) or leave them on ground and setup a stein or 236A or other oki option instead of trying to go for a second round of air combo anymore.

2) What are some good pressure strings when I go in? Say they block a 214D or I have a 236D bouncing around and want to go in while they are blocking. I find any time I have pressure on, I end up falling back to something like 5A > 2A > 2B > 5C > 6C > SOD or 2A > 2B > 5C > 3C types of blockstrings that end my pressure and push me back. Like I have no way of opening anyone up. Any suggestions on pressure strings I can learn?

1) Using steins in corner combos is dependent on the opponent's height and how much proration/untechable time is affecting the combo.

General purpose combos in the corner, work on everyone:

(starter) > SoD (wallbounce) > 6A, (delay) 6B > 6A > j2C > j5D > 2B > 6A > jC > j2C...

Throw > 6A > delay 6B > 6A > jC > j2C > j5D > 2B > 6A > jC > j2C...

6B (overhead) > SoD > 6A > 5C > 2C > jC > j2C > j6!D > 2B > 6A > jC > j2C...

After the j2C you can set up another stein for oki or go into super for damage. The last combo path with the 6B is commonly called the "high loop" and it can work off of other starters without much proration like 2B, 5C, SoD or 2A, 2B , 2C > SoD, to squeeze out more damage.

2) In the situation that they're blocking a 214D or several 236Ds, feel free to mix it up more with airdash mixups into a high (jB jA...or low jB, j2C) or land and do an empty jump low (2B), overhead (6B) or throw depending on the timing and if they're still in blockstun. But for general pressure situations outside of a guaranteed oki mixup, Mu is more of a frame-trap/tick throw character. Go for throws a lot since her throw is generally rewarding and she has a good throw range. Tick throw and attempt throw-reject miss setups with 2A and 2B. Even if they break the throw, you can 5C them right afterward to force them to block, which not a lot of characters have a good answer to.

Stagger strings (stop, then dash back in to continue pressure, or delay your chains to keep them guessing) with 2B are good, since it is neutral on block. Don't forget to toss in Mu's 6B as well. At lower levels of play, people will get hit by 6B a lot but higher level players will start to block it and make attempting a special cancel on block dangerous. But it is always an option if you're sneaky since it gatlings from a lot of Mu's normals. If the opponent is conditioned to block high after you use 6B a lot, you can sneak in lows with 2B or 3C.

Typically, once you get to your C moves in your chains your pressure is about to be over, which can be fine since Mu is usually at the advantage in the neutral game, or if the opponent is in the corner, you can still harrass them with your pokes. Cancelling into 3C is the safest at this point since it is Mu's only jump-cancellable C move on block. Otherwise, you'll have to commit to a special or stein cancel, which should be fine if you're spaced well enough.