Honnou

I-no vs Jam

:JA: JAM MATCHUP INFORMATION Poking Game Strategy Specific Punishes Setups/baits Knowledge

parry > 5p is REALLY lame. 2s crushes you, aa's you for CH too sometimes lol. (6p seems to beat it out at further ranges). STBT gets you CH 2s'd into death.

Sometimes before Jam can dash in and 2s (if you weren't in blockstun) 5hs, 2hs works really well in stuffing it. 5hs with I-no also has some lower body invincibility and while 2s from jam doesn't hit just low, this may or may not have something to do with it. I think the main reason it works is just because of the length of the hitbox of the move.

You can easily tell when predictable Jams will FB. This is the moment to STBT. Stroking the big tree randomly is a bad idea like Feri said. I-no's 5p is amazing in this match at hitting Jam in the air but definitely watch out for Dekirin (214k). You can jump and IB it, normal IB it, backdash it, or just block, but any attempt at anti-airing is really risky. It's best to j.p Jam out of a lot of her stuff BEFORE it comes out.

I'm thankful Jam's 236K has no FRC point. :)

just be careful when she has 50% tension. the jam player here will just RC it if he thinks it'll hit, and of course if it hits, you get combo or looped, then knocked down or dead... In fact, just be care when she has 50% tension period, cuz now that I realize it, jam players flat out RC anything, and it all leads to knockdown or loops...

Also, worse than the 236k RC is the card that gives her the over head kick. 236k connects into the corner loop. I think it combos only on certain situations, but my issue is that it's still basically free...

Oh well, like you said, at least she doesn't have the frc, it would be like an instant in your face and pressure for free super jesus teleport that lets her keep her jump options...

Oh I never posted the secret which kept me alive for awhile against jam. 6p out ranges 2s and is not a such terrible trade if it does happen, nicely beats out FB balls too. Dont bother doing notes, she has almost no problem getting past them and probably will punish you for trying. Predictable oki gets parried then 5p'd, so do more lows. 2k gets reversal dp'd/super so you might as well go all the way and use 2s into big damages.

I just fought Ama's Jam, and I have no clue what happened.

One minute I was blocking the next, 70% is gone and I'm blocking 6Hs and Puffballs in the corner. 

Fucking terrifying. But seriously how do I even fight Jam? I literally have no clue what I'm supposed to do beside barrier a lot and don't ever make my oki predictable. I'm still  a beginner so I can't even really maximize my damage that well or consistently at all. I know the last post was a good chunk of time ago but some help would really be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Vos-3