Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hellknight10

PSN – HK & Badguy’s BBCSE (EST/CST) Ranbat Tournament #1 - *Mar. 9th - 7:00PM EST*

Please Read Everything Carefully

This tournament is open to EST / CST players ONLY.

Tournament #1 will be on FRIDAY March 9th at 7:00PM EST / 6:00PM CST

for those of you who have participated in past tournaments please re-read everything carefully as rules have changed, thank you

-MisterBadguy will be sending out friend requests to those that sign up

so try to have an open spot on your friend list the day of the tournament.

-If you are a back-up you will receive a friend request from me, I will be running a text chat for back-ups ONLY, if you are needed I'll send you over to MisterBadguy's text chat.

General Information:

-Please try and get on earlier so I know who is ready and so you can warm-up.

-Player Limit: 8 or 16

-Singles

-Double Elimination

-Match Format: 2 out of 3 MATCHES (no character change between matches)

-Round Format: 2 out of 3 ROUNDS

Ranbat Information:

-The tournament's Ranbat system based off of Gamechariot rankings.

-1st 10 points, 2nd 7p, 3rd 4p, 4th 2p, Participated 1p.

-No character switching during the tournament, but you may switch characters between tournaments.

*Congratulations! to OmniSScythe for winning Ranbat #1!*

Bracket:

sbbcseranbat1.jpg

Updated Rankings

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1786/sbbcsemarch9.jpg

Tournament Rules:

-2 out of 3 round matches as stated above (the in-game setting for this is 2)

-Please don't skip the intro.

-NO ---> Stylish Mode //// Unlimiteds //// Character Switching

-Astrals are OK

-Grand Finals will be 3 out of 5 matches

For those that don't understand how Grand Finals works:

Grand Finals means whoever is still in the Winner's Bracket only has to win 1 SET (3 out of 5 matches). Whoever came out of Loser's into the Grand Finals has to win 2 SETS (3 out of 5 matches TWO different times). All matches are still 2 out of 3 rounds.

Disconnect/Connection Problem Rules:

-Disconnecting forfeits that Round, start up another match and get the rounds to go back to how they were originally and then the "Disconnector" must let the other person win whatever round was at the point when it disconnected.

Ex. Player A won Round 1, Player B disconnects during Round 2. Start a new match, let Player A win Round 1 because he won it previously, and then let him win Round 2 because Player B disconnected. Match continues at 2-0.

-If the person doesn't sign back on within 5 minutes they forfeit that match. If it wasn't during the Loser's Bracket then they can still continue with their Loser Bracket match if they sign back on in time.

-If two players can't connect to each other, I will try to find someone to host for you, or me and MisterBadguy can host for you.

-If anyone starts showing constant lag through out sufficient tournaments, depending on how many report you then you will NOT be allowed to continue participating in these tournaments regardless of your location (if you do manage to upgrade your internet, test it with me and I'll let you know on my decision)

-**DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT LAG** - however you can report connection issues (see above)

Communication:

-Please NO mics (we are trying to avoid lag here)

-MisterBadguy will be making a Text Chat Room for the tournament.

-Please do not talk a lot on the PSN chat, and only discuss things like hosting and giving me results.

-Feel free to leave the PSN chat once you and your opponent are matched up, but make sure you come back afterward.

Match Recording:

-If you can record your matches, feel free, and then post the links in this thread.

-If you want to volunteer to record other matches, let me know.

-You can volunteer to record matches and not participate in the tournament, if you are interested let me or MisterBadguy know know.

Tips on Avoiding Lag:

-Do not skip the intro.

-Do not use a mic.

-Leave the Text Chat BEFORE starting your match, leaving the Text Chat during the match (Character Select, Vs. Screen or during the intro) will mess up the synchronization and cause lag.

-Do not stream videos during the match (YouTube, Twitch.tv, etc.)

-Do not send messages (or go to the XMB) during the match (Character Select, Vs. Screen or during the intro) this will also mess up the synchronization.

-According to some people picking Mu's stage (altar without cocoon) helps with lag, if you feel it helps with your connection then feel free to pick it

*if anyone has any more tips to add, please let me know*

Current Sign-ups:

1) Hellknight_10 (LA) - NY/EST

2) MisterBadguy (RC) – MD/EST

3) SayuriMatsuri (TS) - ONTARIO/EST

4) Mikel93 (RE) - OK/CST

5) Jin-214C (JI) - IL/CST

6) Uri_WoZ (LI) - NC/EST

7) OmniSScythe (MA) - NY/EST

8) Verard (VA) - NJ/EST

9) Demonwindbomb (NO) - FL/EST

10) joeboy185 (VA) - NJ/EST

11) KoopaDoopa (RC) - GA/EST

12) Litherain (NO) - GA/EST

13) seph508 (TG) - NJ/EST

14) DontExplain (RG) - NC/EST

Back-up List:

*) NeoGio0o (TK) - NY/EST

*) SwordOfToan (LA) - NY/EST

*) howling-_-moon (RC) - NY/EST

**Please continue to sign-up even if it is full, people may/will drop out.**

USE THIS FORMAT ONLY I WILL IGNORE ANY POSTS THAT DON'T USE THIS EXACTLY SO JUST COPY AND PASTE THIS AND INSERT YOUR INFO!!!!

Official Sign-up Format:

PSN I.D.:

Character:

State/Province:

Time Zone:

-Sign-ups begin immediately.

-Please continue to sign-up even if spots are filled because there is a good chance someone won't be able to play at the last minute.

-Please sign-up using this format, I don't want to look up your info, and I shouldn't have to.

-NO ALTERNATE ACCOUNTS. The first account you signed up to these tournaments with will be considered your main account. If I find out that you have been using an alternate account AND your main/other alternate account for different tournaments I will not allow you to join other tournaments for a limited time. If you have a legit reason to be using an alternate, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

-If you're listed as a replacement player, you should still expect to be playing in the tournament. This is so if I need you, you will be available (on time) and still be warming up as if you were playing in the tournament anyway.

-NO DROPPING MID-TOURNAMENT. If you drop DURING the tournament for no good reason then you will be BANNED from the next tournament.

if you have any questions

You can contact me on here (Hellknight10)

or on PSN: Hellknight_10

You can also contact MisterBadguy on here (MisterBadguy)

or on PSN: MisterBadguy

double post to remind everyone that some rules have changed from the previous tournaments so please look over the 1st post

thanks

PSN I.D.: SayuriMatsuri

Character: Futa Loli (Platinum)

State/Province: Ontario

Time Zone: EST

PSN I.D.: Mikel93

Character: Relius

State/Province: Oklahoma

Time Zone: CST

*Tips on avoiding lag*

Pick Mu's stage, the one with only the altar in the background, or Jin alt stage, the official stage of America (the stage in the Library with all of the people standing in the background).

*Tips on avoiding lag*

Pick Mu's stage, the one with only the altar in the background, or Jin alt stage, the official stage of America (the stage in the Library with all of the stream monsters).

Fix'd

This tournament is open to EST / CST players ONLY.

FUCK!!!

As a member of Team DAI (West) would it be alright if I spectate on these matches or will that cause problems with the connection in the room?

PSN I.D.: HallowHaven OmniSScythe

Character: Jin Makoto

State/Province: New York

Ill be working that night so no go for me. Goodluck to the TO and everyone entering. Is it going to be streamed at all?

I'll refrain from entering these since I learned my connection is butt no matter which EST player I connect with but a stream of these matches would be awesome.

DL name: Koopa_Klawz

PSN: Koopa_Klawz

Character: Tager

State: OH

If we are streaming, I can do that (Unless I somehow got to the finals then someone else will have to). :p

*Tips on avoiding lag*

Pick Mu's stage, the one with only the altar in the background, or Jin alt stage, the official stage of America (the stage in the Library with all of the people standing in the background).

I don't really believe in these stage myths (except for Monorail being really bad) but according to some people Mu's stage helps

but the case with Jin's stage is just a myth and a troll

I'll add the little tidbit about Mu's stage, thanks

FUCK!!!

stay free

As a member of Team DAI (West) would it be alright if I spectate on these matches or will that cause problems with the connection in the room?

unfortunately that would most likely cause problems with the connection of the room

but whenever we get someone to record you'll be able to watch these matches on YouTube

Ill be working that night so no go for me. Goodluck to the TO and everyone entering. Is it going to be streamed at all?

If I had the equipment I would record (or stream) but sadly that is not the case

DL name: Koopa_Klawz

PSN: Koopa_Klawz

Character: Tager

State: OH

If we are streaming, I can do that (Unless I somehow got to the finals then someone else will have to). :p

you are more than welcome to stream if you want but I think a recording session would be more appropriate to suit the waiting times between matches

If I'm going to stream, then go ahead and put me for back up.

just let me know before the tournament if you're going to stream

I'll keep you in the main sign-ups until you let me know

PSN I.D.: HallowHaven OmniSScythe

Character: Jin Makoto

State/Province: New York

I knew it

Bleh, Fridays are no good for me, specially at that time. Will you be alternating from Friday to Saturday/Sunday like before?