Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Isuyaru

[CSE] Carl Clover Gameplay Discussion/Questions/Help

Also, after closer inspection, 46D causes a vacuum ground bounce on air opponents, though untech time seemed low at about 21 hits about 3:06 on the carl mirror. And the combo blue beat earlier, but at least we can see some utility.

It's funny, because with all these nirvana moves causing vacuums (4D, 46D), launches or comboable knockdown (anima, 2D, 8D, 6D), or even just air untechable (volante), it seems like we might have great mid screen combo potential. I mean, can you imagine a combo game for carl centering around whole bunch of movement around nirvana? It would finally be fun to watch carl matches.

Hmm elaborate please, i fell as tho due to the vacuum i had assumed it made all our corner combos alot more effective. While making our midscreen combos less effective. Because if you think about how we make these specific moves combo IE 4D seeing as how this is the only move that causes vacuum that we KNOW how to combo with. But continuing on, to combo into 4D we would need to use (since the attack animation was changed) allegreto or jb into the 4D an even then to vivace behind them and use 5c would be impossible due to insufficient hitstun so we would have to do jb and going into the jb combo route would move us way past ada and we would lose oki??? unless of corse they gave the new 4D the same untechable properties that 8D has i see no use for it midscreen.

When we saw 4D in the carl mirror, it looked like they couldn't tech until they hit the ground, so I think B viv 5C could end up working. Cantabile pop > 6D now is an easy combo pick in CON, so much so I wanna know if we can cantabile>6D>cantabile>46D>whatever.

With all these new moves for launching and keeping them closer to nirvana, we have a lot more on combo routes midscreen, and can avoid SMP much more easily. Though I'm not sure if the SMP moves have been removed on nirvana, since I didn't follow Extend all that much. So long as we can keep the routes varied and find optimized our damage on CON, we could probably hit higher this time around. This could also help our corner game as well, considering corner has always been that much better for everyone in BB.

Also, according to the general thread, they are already launching a new version of the game for the loketests from now till sunday >_>. So expect some changes.

When we saw 4D in the carl mirror, it looked like they couldn't tech until they hit the ground, so I think B viv 5C could end up working. Cantabile pop > 6D now is an easy combo pick in CON, so much so I wanna know if we can cantabile>6D>cantabile>46D>whatever.

cantabile does not hit on none standing opponents so this would be impossible, also with the 4D i do not think the person was trying to tech. In locktest they make it a bad habit to just put the controler down while the person is trying to combo.

With all these new moves for launching and keeping them closer to nirvana, we have a lot more on combo routes midscreen, and can avoid SMP much more easily. Though I'm not sure if the SMP moves have been removed on nirvana, since I didn't follow Extend all that much. So long as we can keep the routes varied and find optimized our damage on CON, we could probably hit higher this time around. This could also help our corner game as well, considering corner has always been that much better for everyone in BB.

This right here im assuming is a response to my post in the CP thread, but i dont quite follow you. Why would they just remove the smp on adas attacks if they did we would be amazingly broken. Which is the reason i think its our mode. If in our mode smp is gone we can do j2c allegretoxN untill the person dies tbh but that just my belief. Continuing on i to think that for once our corner damage is gonna be amazingly good because our corner damage & midscreen damage have kinda been the same in each variation on BB,, so for once we get the OP damage that we have longed for in the corner,, im very excited ^-^

Also, according to the general thread, they are already launching a new version of the game for the loketests from now till sunday >_>. So expect some changes.

I didn't ask the creators to remove SMP on nirvana lol. I was asking if they were already removed in BBCSEX, because I didn't play that game enough to notice.

I was saying that because we have so many combo routes on nirvana now midscreen, we won't have to worry about ending combos early midscreen because we can constantly change our moves to avoid SMP. I can predict with this that we could get some very overwhelming damage.

And I've been through every loketest that BB hass gone through as well. I still have the first footage of nirvana using volante in CS1 loketests favorited on my youtube. It's just...really early for them to already be pumping out another version. I mean, it's been about 4 days. They haven't even had much time to take note of what all the changes did in the first version, let alone make any new changes based off of them for a second. I can only assume that either arcsys is going to be bringing in the murakumo units (or their equivalents), or that they had too many ideas in a brainstorm meeting and are just trying to get as many ideas out to the public as they can.

Edit: If OD did remove SMP on us, we would be such a lulzy character. Wait until low health, activate OD, allegreto>8D forever XD. I really wish I knew what our OD did though. NO ONE KNOWS.

Afro,,, i dont think ur getting what im saying... our mode i believe removes smp not just our character not having it in general because your confusing me at the moment

Can you show me a source of this Akira? It would be quite wonderful if this were the case, but I have yet to see any indication of what it does either through footage or text.

So, how do we shot damage without Ada right next to you at the start of the combo now? It's not hard to keep her with you all the time, but sometimes you just need to IAD j.B-j.C someone or she is dead/about to die.

Akira, I believe you are the one confusing me right now hahaha. Ok, Let's put it down into words exactly what I mean one more time.

I KNOW CARL HAS SMP.

I have not played blazblue since Continuum Shift 2. Because I was not around for Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend, I was unsure if Carl had some of his SMP properties removed or not. Considering all that you have said so far, I can assume Carl had all the same SMP properties in Continuum Shift Extend.

In your previous response, you worded your sentence like you knew that Carl's OD removed SMP, but your latest response says that is not the case. I'm sorry for the confusion, but I was just trying to respond to what I thought you had written.

Atm clap, Idk. I wanted them to test with the lower 2C launch hit if it was possible to vivA>6A>air combo, but no one has said anything about it yet. We could very well have very low solo carl damage again, but it's the first loketest. Let's wait and see.

depends,,, corner or midscreen... well ill answer them both for the sake of time.

For midscreen if she has the health(Because u said if she is dieing) i do jb/jc>5b>6b>cantabile(22D)>5c>(2D)jb>jc>2D>vivace-B>5c(Volante)>jb>jc>volante>5c>jb>j2c>jb>jb(8D)>jc>8D (optional fermata)>3c>optional cantada

As for corner u have 5b 5c cantabile(22D) 5c sjb j2c jb jb jc brio 5c sjb j2c jb jb(8D) jc 8D Sj.IAD j2c allegreto 8D

[edit]

wait clap i thought you were talking about in EX >.< talking about CP in the EX thread is getting a bit confusing.... but anyway if ur talking about CP id sad anything into 6b 6a launch will have to do for now.... actually bare with me on this but think about this, we never launch with 6c because of the low p2 and besides we have cantabile so why bother... but now that its gone we can do 6b>6a>sjb(22D)>jc>j2c(volante)jb>jb>jc>5c re-lauch if hitstun allows it, unlikely due to the 6a launch

Also i believe it to be a system change that our OD effects since its not carls damage, adas damage, or adas speed, ada's hp might recover super fast actually?? possibility