Sign in to follow this  
Honnou

I-no vs Johnny

:JO: JOHNNY MATCHUP INFORMATION Poking Game Strategy Specific Punishes Setups/baits Knowledge

Wow, that wasn't a fight. That was a beating. About the only matchup information you could gleam, from what little fight actually happened, is to use HCL to stuff Johnny's forward dash. Honestly, the Johnny player, and the Testament player, looked like they didn't know what the hell was going on.

I wouldn't do HCL versus Johnny except from farther away because he can 6k/6hs you for big big damage + potential CH combo.

Yeah, I guess trying to HCL Johnny's forward dash would involve some heavy anticipation. I've fought some I-No's that did it pretty well, but I've also murdered those same I-No's for the one time they misjudged. Risk/reward, in the end probably just better off not trying it till you were out of Johnny's range, if at all.

Anyways I'm sure it's nice to see I-No totally dominate a match, but that video did about as much, to advance someone's knowledge of the matchup, as any combo video. That's really all I wanted to say and I guess I'm just repeating myself now. Just didn't want any fresh players misinterpreting the video.

Sorry I can't offer much insight to the matchup. The amount of I-No's I've fought that could do a decent combo I can count on one stump. And the amount of matches I had with the guy, I can count on my balls. Reading back, I probably could of worded those last few sentences better. If you wanna know the opinion of some guy somewhere named bleed, he gave the matchup a whole half a point in I-No's favor, some half a year ago. So you got a half of a point of something going for ya.

Here's a more informative video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syk8w93DaQk

This might be 4.5/5.5 according to bleed but I feel it is even. Matches of reputable I-no's losing would help to see what exactly they might have done wrong/right and what they couldn't avoid. From a personal view I really freaken hate trading with Johnny's aerials, they hurt so bad and I keep coming back for more! I've lost rounds to repeated bad trades, unfun.

I'd hate to keep referencing old games, but I can't think of any AC vid that really demonstrates this match like the old same character match of I-no vs Johnny, and Koichi ended up losing in the end to Muri Shinjuu I think. Amazing set. While it's really the current game that matters, a lot of old matchup info still carries over as far as pokes and zoning goes at least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRyiUSZF7tw

With that said, I'm going to look through my gg vids when I get free time and find something recent that is good too.

I guess it's common knowledge but incase you don't know (I didn't until a little while ago) you can catch Johnny with a jS jH P-Dive midscreen under normal circumstances.

Fighting good johnnys suck, its really about who doesn't drop their momentum. I, sadly, have been killed by one block string to mix-up to oki second combo dead... Johnny isn't good because of his damage output, but against lighter characters, he can combo them dead... One thing I did notice is that, they aren't afraid to waste every coin but the last two, idk why. Usually when it gets down to those two, it's time for him to mix you up, usually a throw. If you IB a coin and he dashes in, throw him, if you IB a coin and he attacks, you can reversal back dash... TK'd notes usually get beat out by his tk fire move or his quickdraw (which also get a free counter hit into the you lost half your life to johnny so lol on you combo). For some reason, I have two johnny mains here and one of them is rediculously good.

Ten is a great example of a player that utilizes i-nos mixups to its full potential, I mean that was pretty insane. Btw, was that machine gun chemical love @ 0:35-0:36? lol

Sign in to follow this