Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amadeous

[CSE] PSN Match Finder/GG Thread

Every Hakumen gets a free blue beat combo off of 3C against me. I can never tech fast enough.

Is it a "guaranteed" blue beat if the enemy fails to emergency roll? That's how Hazama's 3C -> Falling Fang shenanigans work. Even though it's blue, it's actually a guaranteed combo.

Ah, I'll put it down to netplay, then. Good to know, though. I know which move to abuse next time. :D

@Ctrl: no blue beat is guaranteed. If you mean you can keep the combo going if you don't tech, then yes, that's the case. Plenty of moves do that (actually, that's all of them. You should always tech :lol:).

Is it a "guaranteed" blue beat if the enemy fails to emergency roll? That's how Hazama's 3C -> Falling Fang shenanigans work. Even though it's blue, it's actually a guaranteed combo.

iirc if falling fang is ressenga, then it shouldn't be blue beating if you go from 3c to that.

i think a better example of guaranteed blue beats would be valk's wolf j.214a/b. i've rarely seen many people emergency tech this move even though you can.

Ah, I'll put it down to netplay, then. Good to know, though. I know which move to abuse next time. :D

@Ctrl: no blue beat is guaranteed. If you mean you can keep the combo going if you don't tech, then yes, that's the case. Plenty of moves do that (actually, that's all of them. You should always tech :lol:).

Hence the "quotation marks" but I still contest your point. If the opponent fails to emergency roll on 3C -> Falling Fang, you are capable of inputting 5C and there's nothing the opponent can do to avoid it. It's an extremely easy thing to confirm as well because if they don't emergency roll it's really obvious. Just load up training, turn off emergency roll and turn on "Wake-up: neutral" and you will see what I mean. It's definitely a legitimate tactic any Hazama should be aware of as it leads to a whole bunch more damage/meter.

Even if the enemy mashes the shit out of neutral tech after failing the emergency roll, they will not be able to avoid the 5C. Thus being a "guaranteed" blue beat.

I consider it thus because the Hazama as ample opportunity to confirm whether or not the the opponent emergency rolled, and whether or not to continue with 5C. I suppose the point I'm trying to make is that there's a definite difference between "comboing because you failed to tech" and "comboing because you failed an emergency roll"

iirc if falling fang is ressenga, then it shouldn't be blue beating if you go from 3c to that.

i think a better example of guaranteed blue beats would be valk's wolf j.214a/b. i've rarely seen many people emergency tech this move even though you can.

Sorry I should clarify: 3C -> Falling Fang -> 5C (blue beats but it's guaranteed if opponent does not emergency roll)

Hence the "quotation marks" but I still contest your point. If the opponent fails to emergency roll on 3C -> Falling Fang, you are capable of inputting 5C and there's nothing the opponent can do to avoid it. It's an extremely easy thing to confirm as well because if they don't emergency roll it's really obvious. Just load up training, turn off emergency roll and turn on "Wake-up: neutral" and you will see what I mean. It's definitely a legitimate tactic any Hazama should be aware of as it leads to a whole bunch more damage/meter.

Even if the enemy mashes the shit out of neutral tech after failing the emergency roll, they will not be able to avoid the 5C. Thus being a "guaranteed" blue beat.

I consider it thus because the Hazama as ample opportunity to confirm whether or not the the opponent emergency rolled, and whether or not to continue with 5C. I suppose the point I'm trying to make is that there's a definite difference between "comboing because you failed to tech" and "comboing because you failed an emergency roll"

Sorry I should clarify: 3C -> Falling Fang -> 5C (blue beats but it's guaranteed if opponent does not emergency roll)

I'm not sure I follow. Emergency roll (quick rise?) and rolls in general have no invincibility to them, but neutral tech does. So why would you do that rather than neutral tech? You'll never get hit out of neutral tech if you're blocking as you should.

@Soph: Emergency tech is when you tech right as you hit the ground. Basically, what he's saying is if you don't emergency tech after ressenga, you'll be able to pick them back up for a blue beat combo before they can do any other tech option. Like with Hakumen's 3C, if you don't tech right as you hit the ground, you have to wait a moment before you can tech again, allowing for a blue beat combo.

@Wander: If you don't emergency tech after ressenga, he can pick you up with 5C if it's done right after.

Anyway, interesting games to this one room who's host tag I forgot. While I don't particularly like mic rooms, the constant trash talking at each other proved... amusing.

I wonder in CP, when you can hold a button to tech, will it give you the emergency tech or neutral tech for situations like this.

GGs to MooglexMalice, I can't help but think you were apart of DL but it's great to have another friend to go up against. Going for another hour so I'll invite those who responds in the next half an hour.

For those interested, Blood_Gemini is playing the game again in anticipation of CP Nu. He's still just as beast with Lamb as he was with Nu, though with the caveat that Lamb is still easier to deal with than Nu.

Robbed by TRM's and a couple of green throws but nonetheless a good fight to fuck around with. I was wondering who was going to rq first during the astral, funny I had feeling one of us were going to do it.