Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amadeous

[CSE] PSN Match Finder/GG Thread

ggs to everyone i played.

still dont understand the complaint about hakumen getting free meter.

if he didnt need said free meter id understand the complaint, but he needs those stars to combo you.

if anyone gets free meter its the rest of the cast. you combo me for free and gain and keep it until you want to use it.

i have no choice. but hey, im hakumen keep shoveling the hate, i actually aquired a taste for it.

ggs to everyone i played.

still dont understand the complaint about hakumen getting free meter.

if he didnt need said free meter id understand the complaint, but he needs those stars to combo you.

if anyone gets free meter its the rest of the cast. you combo me for free and gain and keep it until you want to use it.

i have no choice. but hey, im hakumen keep shoveling the hate, i actually aquired a taste for it.

lol, every time you come on it sounds like someone is complaining about Hakumen. Is there that much salt at getting C mashed.

Also I never get complaints either. :3

lol, every time you come on it sounds like someone is complaining about Hakumen. Is there that much salt at getting C mashed.

Also I never get complaints either. :3

how the hell are you guys not getting complaints.

it never happened before its like it recently became some trend. i had to listen to a tager, hazama and litchi mic chat about how hakumen gets easy damage and everyone else doenst have as good as tools as he has. to say the least it was funny as balls.

mac get a ps3

GGs errol. Moves just didn't come out when I needed them but I'm sure it was just me screwing up. It's like my fingers stall on the directional pad or something. GGs to DJ Blacktricity. Some close matches we had there. Have no regrets losing them.

And people need to outsmart Hakumen instead of complaining. :eng101:

it never happened before its like it recently became some trend. i had to listen to a tager, hazama and litchi mic chat about how hakumen gets easy damage and everyone else doenst have as good as tools as he has. to say the least it was funny as balls.

Well, technically, Hakumen does get pretty easy damage if you are a believer in scrubby un-optimal meter extensive combos. Those people are usually terrible Hakumen's, though.

And yes, Hakumen does have a wide toolset. Heck, if someone jumps in at him, this is the thought process.

"Do I anti-air him with 6A, or maybe even 2C? Should I just hotaru him?Maybe even 5A. Perhaps I'll just 5D him, heck maybe I'll even 6D; perhaps I'll even just do a tk j.D to fuck with him. You know what, maybe I should just get him salty with a yuki. Or maybe I'll just mash 5C and hope it hits him properly so I can get that godlike damage."

Decisions, decisions. (obviously each option is situational in it's own right, just a little joke/semi-serious explanation/depiction of his toolset in relation to anti-air options)

His drive isn't really the biggest thing that you need to be worrying about in all honestly, it just seriously augments his already solid defense and exploits flaws in both blockstrings and playstyles. Though, his drive is probably the aspect you'll see most people complaining about, most likely due to the fact that it's potentially spammable (5D, I'm looking at you), all of his counters have simple 1 button inputs aside from yuki (6D, 5D, 2D) and because getting countered constantly is seriously salt inducing at times (yuki, I'm looking at you). Add on the fact that Hakumen can turtle for quite some time while gaining meter (this is obviously an un-popular trait that is generally frowned upon by a large majority of the online community) and you have a salt inducing character.

Personally, I'm wayy more worried about his amazing air normals (j.C, j.2C, j.B), 2C (it's a pain at times), then you got the cheap stuff (tsubaki, hotaru, renka), he has solid pokes with 2A and 2B as well. not to mention the fact that all Hakumen's profusely mash 5C on wake-up in the corner, raw Zantetsu can sometimes be a pain as well, gurren is solid, and yuki is just a salt magnet.

All in all, I can see how people get salty over this character. Best defense in the game free, amazing damage, respectable pressure, best special moves in the game free (if he had unlimited meter and could use his special moves at will he would be beyond broken), etc.

So here is the real question that I've been meaning to ask. Are there a lot of Haku players/mains on the ps3?

What bugs me is less of the character and more the mentality of some of the players who choose to use him. They just never seem to step up the game and keep doing 3C after a 3C counter, their biggest combo is basically random poke into zantetsu or into a bunch of 214As back to back if you're airborn and their way of making sure their Ds don't get punished is to mash more Ds after them and pray to the lag gods that the punish is late due to online play stuff.

It's just as lazy as it gets and yet it seems to be more effective than the comparably lazy playstyles of other chars. The character is alright but some of his users play him in an annoyingly effective for the seeming lack of effort way, which is frustrating to face and even when you beat it you feel like it was too much trouble to deal with for how dumb and thoughtless it was.

But yeah, like I said a while back, just grab em a lot, these types usually tend to fumble from grabs or mash them themselves and get countered by stuff which beats grabs into major damage.

how the hell are you guys not getting complaints.

mac get a ps3

I get most of my damage off reads, so maybe people feel better getting beat out by me figuring them out rather than just LOL C MASH. Although I do that too. :3

Well, technically, Hakumen does get pretty easy damage if you are a believer in scrubby un-optimal meter extensive combos. Those people are usually terrible Hakumen's, though.

So here is the real question that I've been meaning to ask. Are there a lot of Haku players/mains on the ps3?

honestly its arguable, alot of people play hakumen depsite not maining hakumen, but at the same time its oddball rare to find hakumen common unlike say, hazama, litchi, ragna, jin, platinum, mashy tagers, mu and valks.

What bugs me is less of the character and more the mentality of some of the players who choose to use him. They just never seem to step up the game and keep doing 3C after a 3C counter, their biggest combo is basically random poke into zantetsu or into a bunch of 214As back to back if you're airborn and their way of making sure their Ds don't get punished is to mash more Ds after them and pray to the lag gods that the punish is late due to online play stuff.

But yeah, like I said a while back, just grab em a lot, these types usually tend to fumble from grabs or mash them themselves and get countered by stuff which beats grabs into major damage.

honestly this is a good chuck of the online hakumens in general minus a few. they dont know how to combo properly and purple grab mid combo and all sort of non optimal craziness.

there have been times ive sat down and told them what they are doing isnt wrong but its not right either and showed them better methods, combos and overall a better gameplan (within my skill range) and they few i helped got a bit better.

also ive trained myself to tech most grabs in 3 and 4 connections because people kinda get grab spammy vs haku. very understandable since i mix around with empty jump ins and grabs to mess with them.

now the 3C mash i will do it until you block low, i cannot count how many times this scenario happened:

psycofang knocks oppenent down

enemy tech

3C

enemy tech

3C

repeat 3 or 4 more times.

i know why they do it, they are afraid of zantetsu or tsubaki but damn.

honestly he has good tools, im just wondering why people think their tools arent as good (especially the hazama player)

litchi? arguable though i think hakumen 1 ups her, tager its kinda gimped but hakumen has the advantage.

hazama its 5-5. he has everything is his power to screw and make a hakumen stop pressing D. if they even press it to begin with.

Anyone got a roooom up?

>telling mac to get a ps3.

hell do it. watch.

It's just as lazy as it gets and yet it seems to be more effective than the comparably lazy playstyles of other chars. The character is alright but some of his users play him in an annoyingly effective for the seeming lack of effort way, which is frustrating to face and even when you beat it you feel like it was too much trouble to deal with for how dumb and thoughtless it was.

And that's why people get pissed when fighting Hakumen. But yea, grabs is the way to go to counter his D's.

> barely any posts for 2 hours

> i make a post

> instantly buried onto the previous page

i cant escape it

fun fact is i didnt even hit D.

i most just 2Ad everyone except tager until i landed a CH into a 2-3k combo.

which is why part of me thinks its just a passing phase?

if you cant win a match by only hitting D then your journey is not yet complete

i will train my eyes and blade at the top of mount fuji in th eye of the sun to meet your expectations.

honestly this is a good chuck of the online hakumens in general minus a few. they dont know how to combo properly and purple grab mid combo and all sort of non optimal craziness.

there have been times ive sat down and told them what they are doing isnt wrong but its not right either and showed them better methods, combos and overall a better gameplan (within my skill range) and they few i helped got a bit better.

also ive trained myself to tech most grabs in 3 and 4 connections because people kinda get grab spammy vs haku. very understandable since i mix around with empty jump ins and grabs to mess with them.

now the 3C mash i will do it until you block low, i cannot count how many times this scenario happened:

psycofang knocks oppenent down

enemy tech

3C

enemy tech

3C

repeat 3 or 4 more times.

i know why they do it, they are afraid of zantetsu or tsubaki but damn.

honestly he has good tools, im just wondering why people think their tools arent as good (especially the hazama player)

litchi? arguable though i think hakumen 1 ups her, tager its kinda gimped but hakumen has the advantage.

hazama its 5-5. he has everything is his power to screw and make a hakumen stop pressing D. if they even press it to begin with.

I'm not talking of 3C meaty, I'm talking of confirming a 3C counter with 3C rather than with a proper combo, I don't really use Haku much but even I know to 2B>5A>J2A>airdash>JB>J2A>JC off of a 3C counter and it didn't even take practicing to be able to do it, someone just did it to me once so I remembered next time I played and that was that lol. On the matter of 3C meaty though, why not just do 2B? It's also a low, it's faster and you can actually confirm a combo off of it with magatama or just link back into 2A 2A and then go for resets with like 6B or 3C.

why not just 2B.

im mostly trying to get them to block properly so i can do the combo i just thought of or just learned. and ya know make them react instead of auto blocking high for some reason.

i only 2B vs good people because if it hits i need to make it count.

bad players or people who freak out about zan or Tsubaki i force them to end up blocking 1 way so i can do something else.

because im a faggot.