Sign in to follow this  
Honnou

I-no vs Millia

:MI: MILLIA MATCHUP INFORMATION Poking Game Strategy Specific Punishes Setups/baits Knowledge

I need to note more to stop millia from rolling out of probably lower hits, ill have to check it out

stay on your toes. this is a fight i would rate along the slayer fight. Easy to get fucked up. Millias normals are like anti-i-no. a running millia is probably one of your biggest threats on the ground. Good range normals (6p, 2k) are murder and make it hard to note. Not to mention her ability to run under HCL. Moves/Normals to use: 6HS Millia disarmed will have a lot of trouble approaching this move, and if she is way above your head, its hard for her to get around. VCL can catch her high airdashes. Challenge her airgame carefully with Jp if it clashes with her jp, you pretty much lost that battle. 6p if she is falling directly above your head. S/HS stroke on the ground will get beat but are entirely worth it if she decides to run in 6P which is a viable option for millia in this fight. S stroke will catch her roll if done correctly if you aren't confident in your stroke at that moment, if you have space go for 5s(f). 2k and 5p are your friends.

6HS Millia disarmed will have a lot of trouble approaching this move, and if she is way above your head, its hard for her to get around.

Very true, plus counter hit can be followed up with an easy js js jh sdive combo or if you catch her correctly, tk p-dive combo.

will edit shortly with some more stuff. i hate this fight.

there is not really much left to say about this fight. off of ch 6hs you want to go for js>djs>sdive and if they are too high js> dj.s>dj.hs> delay sdive noting correctly is key. running towards, hs note. running away pnote. all you have to do is hit her and that pretty much ends the fight. always go for note oki mid screen. airgrabs are risky but make good judgement when going for one. outside of that, this fight is hard as fuck. turtle more> fight less

hmmmm......no one mentioned anything about escaping millia's pressure. When i'm cornered after a knockdown i try to be patient and I tend to do one of these things: a) try to faultless defense and find opening b) backdash out of a badly timed move (and tick throw if possible) c) use overdrive (if u have tension) d) burst (if u have any) e) die a slow and painful death (this step is not recommended) *sigh, is it me or does i-no have poor escape options (plz be aware that i'm a noob so someone with more experience may have a better idea of what to do) summary: Millia's oki > I-no's oki (my opinion) Millia's pokes > I-no's pokes (fact) on the bright side: I-no's coolness > Millia's coolness (fact)

lol wtf....koichi defeated woshige using millia? umm...did koichi dropped i-no? I haven't seen any new vids of koichi lately so i don't know whats goin on.

koichi switches characters every once in a while. believe it or not he started as a slayer player then went to millia, then i-no, robo-ky, back to i-no, back to millia (pretty much just for SBO 07) and now he's back to i-no. BTW hopefully the DVD that comes with arcadia this year will have some of his matches, if it does i'll upload them. ALSO, IIRC The I-No forum's very own Honnou has played agains Nakamura (from the above vid) and won!

This is a match I found of koichi a while ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5RSjra4akU

If this is indeed koichi, then I guess you could add testament to that list lol.

ALSO, IIRC The I-No forum's very own Honnou has played agains Nakamura (from the above vid) and won!

Does Honnou live in japan, cuz how would he be able to play Nakamura? Is there a video of this match?

escaping pressure has never been i-nos strong point. Keep your dead angles, supers, and backdashes handy (she does have a great backdash). outside of that i-no is fucked on the defensive side.

This is a match I found of koichi a while ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5RSjra4akU

If this is indeed koichi, then I guess you could add testament to that list lol.

Does Honnou live in japan, cuz how would he be able to play Nakamura? Is there a video of this match?

Not sure why I'm bumping this, but that is Koichi. There are I believe 4 vids of him playing Testament early on, soon after AC came out, all vs Kaqn.

yeah nakamura was pretty difficult to beat. it wasn't a first try thing, but it wasn't a 40 try thing either (which I have had to do, 42 loss streak vs Meke Meke TE, god testament who never enters tourneys, go figure)...shame there is no vid! Don't think he remembers but Elvenshadow at least witnessed it, beat Hase once too, heart was racing so fast, never got around to getting FAB :(

Sign in to follow this