Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SansProtocol

[CSE] Hakumen vs. Arakune

Wow this is an old thread, I just played an Arakune and thought someone knew how to deal with Arakune's mind games with counters.

> dealing with arakune

laughingsquirrel.jpg

Don't try to turtle. You need to get on him the entire match, weaving through all the obstacles to make sure he doesn't curse you. Because if you wait he's just going to get set up behind a huge obstacle course and you'll never get him.

As for counters, it depends on what strings he uses. One of the autopilot strings Arakunes love to do is 2A > 6A or 6A > 5D. You can counter those if you see them doing it. Otherwise you have to pay attention to their habits.

Pretty much all of them will mash backdash, 5A into curse, or try to jump out while getting pressured, so be ready to frame trap and catch them on those.

You can use 5D to counter Arakune j.B. It's better than using an actual anti air.

Does Hakumen sword work on his cloud? I read somewhere it did but I can't seem to create the barrier. It seems to work well on his other projectiles though. Would you guys recommend sticking to the ground or air dash here and there to get to them?

No, you can't cut clouds since they have no hitbox. You can cut the bell and ground bugs, though.

I personally stick to air as much as I can while avoiding his air-throw. On the ground you're vulnerable to clouds + ground bugs. IAD'ing in is enough pressure to keep him from getting to comfortable and setting up a mini-fortress. Just watch out for his 5C as it will hurt, so don't autopilot IAD j.2C or anything.

My strat here is to push him into the corner if possible, and I agree with Mac that RTSD is the way to go. The more pressure you put on him, the better. If you let an Ara get any sort of momentum, he'll run you over.

How do you deal with Arakune's teleports? How can you stop him from just teleporting out of a blockstring or the corner?

I think most of my trouble is simply a lack of experience with this match up since there never seem to be that many Arakune players, but here goes.

What's generally the best way to keep pressure on him once you're in range? I'd typically get in, then he'd block and the push back would end up leaving me out and he'd jump away and teleport and terrorize me all over.

I was also having a lot of trouble after being cursed. A lot of the times while facing the same player, he'd come in and do a basic curse combo and fill his meter, leaving me to decide to tech or roll, and I'd tech, but even when buffering a block, I was getting hit by his big multihit bug that comes up from the ground or whatever. Should I be rolling or delaying my tech instead?

Lastly I guess is, if he has me in a curse combo and he's doing his fun 9k+ dmg combos, is there a specific tactic to use to stop that nonsense? One thing that came to mind that I didn't get to try was, if I've been cursed and he's whipping me around, is it best to wait till he's done like, 3.5-4k dmg and then burst out? I was thinking that'd leave him with a portion of his curse meter spent, and I'd hopefully be able to block long enough for it to run out.

so to bring some actual information to this thread: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?7878-CS1-Hakumen-vs-Arakune/page3&p=763523&viewfull=1#post763523

this is one of the only writeups I could find on this matchup, and it's quite old. CSE has some differences from CS1 by now, so take some advice with a grain of salt. a good amount of the general gameplay strategy should prove at least somewhat useful