Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SweetJohnnyCage

East Coast Throwdown 4 - Road to EVO 2012 - June 9-10, 2012 - Morristown, NJ

Hey guys, just wanted to get this out there for those who were asking. Please keep in mind that this is a TENTATIVE schedule and is subject to change before the event. We will have a definitive schedule posted before the event in June. Here we go!

Saturday, June 9

8:00am-10:30am

EMERGENCY Registration ($40 venue fee at the door)

12:00pm-2:00pm

Big 3 (SF4, UMVC3, SFxT) Pools 1-4

Mortal Kombat 9 Pools 1-2

Soulcalibur V Pools 1-2

King of Fighters XIII Pools 1-2

Super Street Fighter II Turbo Tournament of Legends Tournament 1 Start

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend Pool 1 Start

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Start

2:00pm-4:00pm

Big 3 Pools 5-8

MK9 Pools 3-4

SCV Pools 3-4

KoF Pools 3-4

Skullgirls Pools 1-2

3rd Strike Pool 1

4:00pm-6:00pm

Big 3 Pools 9-12

MK9 Pools 5-6

SCV Pools 5-6

KoF Pools 5-6

SG Pools 3-4

3S Pool 2

6:00pm-8:00pm

Big 3 Pools 13-16

MK9 Pools 7-8

SCV Pools 7-8

KoF Pools 7-8

SG Pools 5-6

3S Pool 3

8:00pm-10:00pm

Big 3 Pools 17-22

SG Pools 7-8

3S Pool 4

10:00pm-12:00am

Big 3 Pools 23-28

Sunday, June 10

10:00am-12:00pm

Skullgirls Top 16 > Top 8 (Everyone will play 1 or 2 games basically so it’s ready for the stream)

Big 3 Pools 29-32

Big 3 Top 64 > Top 8 (Top 64 will be split into four 16 man brackets and played down until there’s a winner and a loser from each, essentially four more pools)

For most games, finals will be streamed on Sunday afternoon. We will also be featuring the Fanatiq vs. RayRay match on stage Sunday evening, probably at 4 or 6pm, whichever works better for the players and fits the schedule best. We will be posting a stream schedule when it gets closer to the event, probably after pre-reg closes. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us on Facebook, Twitter, or email!

Alright guys, 27 days left to pre-register. Save $15 now because on-site emergency registration ends at 10:30am Saturday. Also, there are rooms at the venue hotel for Saturday and Sunday night. We're working on getting room blocks with neighboring hotels so we'll update you with that once we know more. Go to www.ecthrowdown.com to take care of everything you need!

Is there any way we can get BB 3v3s happening in this tourney? I wanna do that before persona comes out. =X

If we have time and interest Sunday I'll be down for it, but in the past we've learned that if you don't run teams first then you're not running teams at all.

Thanks! Just reserved the Montreal room. We're planning on arriving Saturday before noon. Kind of uncertain on who's coming, but so far it's me, level5-chan, kaeru, airmaster, and bibiquadium. We're interested in teams.

We can also bring one or two evo monitors+games/consoles if needed.

If you guys bring two setups I will treat you all to some beer and Ritas.

That's a big group headed down!

HYYYYYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

If you wanted to record stuff in your room then I would bring it.

During the event I'll be streaming/recording.

Edit: Rita's.

I'm glad it's confirmed we're getting Rita's.

Upper west side is my only hope in NY X_X.

So far I have:

Myself - 2 Monitors + 1 Console + BBEX + SG

Canada - 2 Monitors + 2 Consoles + 2 BBEX + 2 SG(?)

MashThat5A - 1 Monitor + 1 Console + BBEX + SG

BatousaiJ - 1 Monitor

Akira-Shiro - 1 Console + BBEX

M.D. Orona - 1 Console + BBEX

Myself - 1 CRT + 1 Console + GG

Totals

6 Monitors

6 Consoles w/ BB with at least 2 having the ability to convert to Skullgirls.

1 CRT

2 PS2's + GG.

pochp, do the consoles that you're bringing have Skullgirls on them? This question is also directed at Akira-Shiro and M.D. Orona.

Does anyone else plan on bringing anything? I would be nice to have 1 more complete BB/SG setup (for back-up), along with 1 more CRT for the GG tournament.

Is anyone cancelling on bringing equipment?

POST UP PEOPLE!!!! PRE-REG!!!! PRACTICE!!!! GET HYPE!!!!

Edit: I think I might buy an extra ASUS monitor so that we can H2H the stream setup (or keep it as a potential back-up monitor), so if we could just get one more console with BB/SG for back-up that would be awesome. If we end up not using any of your equipment I will still discount your venue if John says he can't.

Things are looking good people. Thanks again for all your help.

I can bring console + GGAC, but no way I can bring a CRT on the plane.

Confirming for bringing my stuff, which as a reminder is an EVO monitor, and a PS3 w/ BB+SG

Noted.

Thanks again for all of your help guys. I really appreciate it.

M.D. Orona - 1 Console + BBEX

do the consoles that you're bringing have Skullgirls on them? This question is also directed at Akira-Shiro and M.D. Orona.

Still good to bring my PS3 and Extend. Don't have Skullgirls though.

Anyone have room for me to stay at a hotel? I wanna go but I just left my job, so I really don't wanna front a whole hotel bill.

I play GG, BB (sort of), some marvel, some sfxt, a littlebit of everything really.

I'll make sure the consoles we bring have skullgirls then.

Omar and Omni, so far we're going to be 5 in our room, so if you guys want a floor I guess you can take it. We've only got the room for Saturday night though.

Decided to sign up after a lot of hesitation (first time going to a tournament). Will the schedules be emailed to us or are they already up someplace I possibly missed? I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to do.

Decided to sign up after a lot of hesitation (first time going to a tournament). Will the schedules be emailed to us or are they already up someplace I possibly missed? I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to do.

I quoted the Schedule below. Since all of BB will be done Saturday, make sure you pre-register and show up before noon on Saturday June 9th. Don't worry, tournaments like this aren't complicated: you'll be assigned a pool and a time. Leave the rest to us. All you have to do is play.

Hey guys, just wanted to get this out there for those who were asking. Please keep in mind that this is a TENTATIVE schedule and is subject to change before the event. We will have a definitive schedule posted before the event in June. Here we go!

Saturday, June 9

8:00am-10:30am

EMERGENCY Registration ($40 venue fee at the door)

Big 3 (SF4, UMVC3, SFxT) Pools 1-4

Mortal Kombat 9 Pools 1-2

Soulcalibur V Pools 1-2

King of Fighters XIII Pools 1-2

Super Street Fighter II Turbo Tournament of Legends Tournament 1 Start

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend Pool 1 Start

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Start

2:00pm-4:00pm

Big 3 Pools 5-8

MK9 Pools 3-4

SCV Pools 3-4

KoF Pools 3-4

Skullgirls Pools 1-2

3rd Strike Pool 1

4:00pm-6:00pm

Big 3 Pools 9-12

MK9 Pools 5-6

SCV Pools 5-6

KoF Pools 5-6

SG Pools 3-4

3S Pool 2

6:00pm-8:00pm

Big 3 Pools 13-16

MK9 Pools 7-8

SCV Pools 7-8

KoF Pools 7-8

SG Pools 5-6

3S Pool 3

8:00pm-10:00pm

Big 3 Pools 17-22

SG Pools 7-8

3S Pool 4

10:00pm-12:00am

Big 3 Pools 23-28

Sunday, June 10

10:00am-12:00pm

Skullgirls Top 16 > Top 8 (Everyone will play 1 or 2 games basically so it’s ready for the stream)

Big 3 Pools 29-32

Big 3 Top 64 > Top 8 (Top 64 will be split into four 16 man brackets and played down until there’s a winner and a loser from each, essentially four more pools)

For most games, finals will be streamed on Sunday afternoon. We will also be featuring the Fanatiq vs. RayRay match on stage Sunday evening, probably at 4 or 6pm, whichever works better for the players and fits the schedule best. We will be posting a stream schedule when it gets closer to the event, probably after pre-reg closes. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us on Facebook, Twitter, or email!

Same story as unsanctifier.

I'll make sure the consoles we bring have skullgirls then.

Omar and Omni, so far we're going to be 5 in our room, so if you guys want a floor I guess you can take it. We've only got the room for Saturday night though.

Don't feel obligated to put Skullgirls on it, but it would be a good piece of mind to know that we have a couple back-up consoles for it. The turnout could be big, so having a couple extra setups for pools. I'm sure John and Joe would appreciate it.

FYI: Omni snores.

First tourney out of Canada, shit gonna be hype. Training all day everyday for that day.

Canada had fun the last time they came down, and I don't expect this time to be any different. I'll be setting up my equipment in the main room Friday night, so depending when you guys get down we could probably play some casuals up in a room and grab a bite to eat. You guys are coming down Friday right? I wouldn't want you to make that drive so early Saturday morning.

Canada had fun the last time they came down, and I don't expect this time to be any different. I'll be setting up my equipment in the main room Friday night, so depending when you guys get down we could probably play some casuals up in a room and grab a bite to eat. You guys are coming down Friday right? I wouldn't want you to make that drive so early Saturday morning.

Not this time, some of us can't take Friday off, so we'll be leaving Saturday 5am-ish. Sad though cause Friday night casuals are always hype :(

FYI: Omni snores.

...fuck.