Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SweetJohnnyCage

East Coast Throwdown 4 - Road to EVO 2012 - June 9-10, 2012 - Morristown, NJ

OK folks, since I clearly need some sleep, registration is back online until 11:59pm PST, as it said on the website originally. I'm really sorry for blasting everyone on Facebook and Twitter this morning. I got my days mixed up. You can go here to register as before:

http://ecthrowdown.com/?page_id=122

Again, sorry for the confusion. I'm going to bed.

First off, we want to thank all of you for pre-registering over the past few months. By pre-registering, you not only ensure your own tournament experience is more enjoyable by not having to wait in line and knowing when you have to play ahead of time, but you also make the entire staff’s lives easier. So again, thank you!

The pre-registration numbers are significantly larger than last year’s. Because of this, we’re on the cusp of breaking 256 man brackets in both Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition v2012. Since we don’t want to get stuck with having to throw out a 256 man bracket in order to move into a 512 man bracket, we will be making both beforehand. Everyone who pre-registered for SF4 and UMVC3 will receive TWO pool assignments. They will receive one for if we use a 256 man bracket and one if we use a 512 man bracket. This might seem confusing, but believe us when we tell you this is going to make things go as smoothly as possible this year.

We obviously won’t know which pool we’re going to use until emergency registration closes on Saturday at 10:30am, so we will make the announcement at that time. We will announce it via our Facebook and Twitter (www.facebook.com/ecthrowdown and www.twitter.com/ecthrowdown), as well as over the loudspeaker in the ballroom.

In order to get things moving as quickly as possible, we will be sure to fill out the first round of pools before the rest so everyone can get to playing their matches instead of waiting around. Pool assignments for all games using pools (SF4, Marvel, SFxT, SCV, KoF13, SG, and 3rd Strike possibly) will be emailed out by Tuesday. Wednesday is the absolute latest we’d send them out. If you guys have any questions, please feel free to contact us via email, Facebook, or Twitter!

NOTE: EMERGENCY ON-SITE REGISTRATION ENDS 10:30AM SATURDAY AND VENUE FEE IS $40!

That's awesome. Great idea.

And when I said I could run brackets, I would be happy to run BB, SG, or Marvel, and if it doesn't matter if I'm a player in the game, I could help with any other game too. Just want to make your life easier, TO's need support

AND. For everyone else. I'll see you all realllllll soon.

Sorry guys, some personal stuff came up over the week and I won't be able to make it.

Johnny, since I pre-regged, is there any refund process I have to worry about?

Amadeous, please PM me with your info and I'll refund you!

Dacid, you're too sick bro. Although, I feel like we're fully staffed as it is. The response last week was overwhelming lol. If we do need some extra bodies, I'll definitely let you know.

Sorry guys, some personal stuff came up over the week and I won't be able to make it.

Johnny, since I pre-regged, is there any refund process I have to worry about?

You were supposed to teach me GG. :<

Amadeous, please PM me with your info and I'll refund you!

Dacid, you're too sick bro. Although, I feel like we're fully staffed as it is. The response last week was overwhelming lol. If we do need some extra bodies, I'll definitely let you know.

Not a problem! Just trying to help out and earn my sponsor a discount. This is just permission to slack off and enjoy my time in Jersey, haha. See you soon!

I recognize that this IS a mistake, but I'm giving THE ENTIRE EAST COAST my phone number. Please call responsibly, looking forward to meeting everyone that wants to meet me, and I'd rather not miss the opportunity just for not letting people know my number.

(510) 676-5729

See you mother fuckers tomorrow

Also, Stickbug, can we talk about ways I can get to where I need to go from the airport?

*New contact Added*

Good luck to people that play Litchi, Baiken, and DacidBro.

Everyone else: You gonna lose.

Who is streaming?

There are going to be 4 streams? Not sure. Personally I think Sp00ky request (at some point) that some of the streams be turned off.

I will be streaming BB/SG/GG http://www.twitch.tv/St1ckBuG

I recognize that this IS a mistake, but I'm giving THE ENTIRE EAST COAST my phone number. Please call responsibly, looking forward to meeting everyone that wants to meet me, and I'd rather not miss the opportunity just for not letting people know my number.

(510) 676-5729

Also, Stickbug, can we talk about ways I can get to where I need to go from the airport?

You're supposed to figure this shit out BEFORE you leave.

I'm going to take a wild guess an assume you're landing in Newark. When do you land? I could potentially pick you up and save you some trouble.

If not, then you want to do this or this to get to the hotel.

If you land at 1-1:30, I could grab you while I'm picking up Cirno. :/

No dice, landing at 11:30pm. Let me know if you know anyone near the airport or willing to get me though :v

Stickbug if I figure things out ahead of time I'll never feel my blood flow

I'm landing in Newark, yeah. 11:30 pm. Lol sorry it's last minute.

Stickbug if I figure things out ahead of time I'll never feel my blood flow

I'm landing in Newark, yeah. 11:30 pm. Lol sorry it's last minute.

If you never figure out things ahead of time you just look like a dumbfuck.

Do this:

Go to the NJ Transit train stop at the Newark Airport. Get on either an NEC (North East Corridor line) or an NJC (New Jersey Coast line) train heading North toward New York Penn Station or Hoboken. Get off at Secaucus Junction and transfer to the Morris & Essex line. Get off at Morristown.

Adult One-Way should cost you $18.50 for the whole trip.

After you get out of the station you should be on Lackawanna PL. Turn right and walk south east until you hit Morris Street, which will be the first street you come to. Make a right and keep walking until you get to Morristown Green Square. Walk around the square counter-clockwise until you see Speedwell Ave. Walk down Speedwell Ave. The hotel will be down a little bit on your right. I'll text you our room number.

If you never figure out things ahead of time you just look like a dumbfuck.

Do this:

Go to the NJ Transit train stop at the Newark Airport. Get on either an NEC (North East Corridor line) or an NJC (New Jersey Coast line) train heading North toward New York Penn Station or Hoboken. Get off at Secaucus Junction and transfer to the Morris & Essex line. Get off at Morristown.

Adult One-Way should cost you $18.50 for the whole trip.

After you get out of the station you should be on Lackawanna PL. Turn right and walk south east until you hit Morris Street, which will be the first street you come to. Make a right and keep walking until you get to Morristown Green Square. Walk around the square counter-clockwise until you see Speedwell Ave. Walk down Speedwell Ave. The hotel will be down a little bit on your right. I'll text you our room number.

haha, I know what last minute actually does. This snuck up on me, felt like I just got home from nwm

I'll follow these bus routes, thanks. And they run past midnight?

where are the bb casuals going to be held? does anyone know yet?

l'm planning on coming late tonight, hopefully everyone isn't ready to go to bed by 11pm lol

(510) 676-5729

Oh man, I could post this number on reddit as a personal AMA for Justin Bieber.

Oh and yes, see the lot of you tomorrow. I'll come a bit early around 10 AM or so.

I may or may not bring donuts. We'll see.