Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SweetJohnnyCage

East Coast Throwdown 4 - Road to EVO 2012 - June 9-10, 2012 - Morristown, NJ

Guilty Gear top 8 was streamed by Spooky. He will upload them to his channel. Or you can check the stream archive, it is the last thing streamed on Day 1.

Ok shoutouts.

Joe and John, if any of you read this, for about the 3rd time in different media, you guys are fucking awesome.

St1ckbug, because he's fucking St1ckbug

Dacidbro, for he had dominance applied onto him. But seriously, thanks for coming out and taking everything in stride.

Kaeru, for being extremely polite and generous. But you are confused my friend. Of course I played. I played GG in tournament against you.

Rest of Canada, sorry for not meeting you guys so much. But thank you so much for coming!

Jake Green, for coming from Ohio, and a gg in tournament. It was like fighting myself a bit actually...speaking of which

Andy, for finally meeting in real life. I need to get into your room next time for more dirty jokes...homo?...you decide.

Mashdat5a's GPS. Who we said to take us to Wawa, it took us to Wawa further away that was next to a Rita's.

Eduardo, for carrying Lich to t8.

Dandystepper for one ticket raffle wins.

My uncanny sense of value of Xaq's food.

Plugging my events that happen the same day as Jaxel's on his stream.

Not getting the cake I was responsible for discovering...wait that sucked.

Patchgirls Peacable. Finally a color I can use that's unlocked by default.

Team St1ckbug holding it down in GG, BB, SG...and KoF. (which makes me right about random fb arguments, shoutouts to the last laugh) And bodying West Coast. WHAT THE FUCK CAPCOM PLAYERS?

Mid/mid mixup.

Alpha2 on the train.

Fat Bitches. With or without A3R's 3 grape sodas.

Fat sandwiches as a whole. They go in.

That about covers it for now I think.

Real talk guys, we LOVE the anime scene. Sorry about the horrific internet on Saturday. They hotel told us they "upgraded" the connection this year. I didn't even know 0.98mb up was possible on broadband. Before we contract with any hotel next year I'm going to do a speed test on my own. That stuff can not fly at any ECT anymore. You guys deserve better.

Thank you to the entire anime team, St1ck, Dai, everyone who lifted a chair this weekend to help out. A million times, thank you. It wouldn't have been possible without any of you!

Stick, I have your bag. Not sure if I'll be able to fit it in my Evo bag. Is it vital? Can it wait until SJ?

It was fun being able to put faces to the BlazBlue community! I really enjoyed meeting you guys! :D Sorry I suck at Blazblue lol but none the less, it was fun to watch. Good stuff you guys!

i have an extra USB charger..... not sure whose it is tho =/

its probably mine, i gave one to raiza and didnt see it for the rest of the weekend

Real talk guys, we LOVE the anime scene. Sorry about the horrific internet on Saturday. They hotel told us they "upgraded" the connection this year. I didn't even know 0.98mb up was possible on broadband. Before we contract with any hotel next year I'm going to do a speed test on my own. That stuff can not fly at any ECT anymore. You guys deserve better.

Thank you to the entire anime team, St1ck, Dai, everyone who lifted a chair this weekend to help out. A million times, thank you. It wouldn't have been possible without any of you!

Stick, I have your bag. Not sure if I'll be able to fit it in my Evo bag. Is it vital? Can it wait until SJ?

It's not vital, but a lot of the stuff in the bottom of the bag is backup equipment for my HD Fury (read: streaming equipment). It's just a nice piece of mind to know that I have it just in case. It can wait. Thanks again.

It was fun being able to put faces to the BlazBlue community! I really enjoyed meeting you guys! :D Sorry I suck at Blazblue lol but none the less, it was fun to watch. Good stuff you guys!

Dude, right back at you, representing anime in Skullgirls! It was nice meeting you, and congrats on 2nd place!

Yo, shout outs to everybody I met.. I missed a lot of peeps names, but everybody was cool as fuck.

NY guys I haven't seen you in forever, I missed yall..

Canada dudes. You guys were dope as fuck.

I wish I could have played more games with everybody/stayed Sunday. :(

Shoutouts to everyone I played over the week-end. Nice to meet some of the IRC guys I've been talking to all these years, but never thought I'd actually meet.

Shoutouts to Stickbug looking completely confused by my godlike random Faust.

Shoutouts to SKD for anime combos in anime gaems.

And...that's about it I think. Time to start actually playing BB again, heh.

Had a great time at ECT 4. Slightly disappointed by myself, but still had a great time.

Shoutouts -

SweetJohnnyCage: Thank you for ECT 4, I had a great time and I'm glad there are still tournaments out there that still support anime.

Team St1ckBuG: Thank you for running anime on the east coast as usual, but I was sad that you guys barely got to play games. If you ever need help doing something, I'll be happy to help especially for things like the stream. Though I'm sad that none of pools were recorded :<

LK: Good shit winning BB and Vsav, driving me back and forth from my house, and spoiling the end of Majora's Mask for me :< Oh and being free at AE

SKD: Nice job getting 2nd in BB all while having a headache.

MashThat5A: Sucks that you lost your stick :/ But it was fun playing casuals with you

Lich: lol 6A. Fun times in the car, though never got to play casuals :/

Braver: Sad times (for me) when you knocked me out of first round and loser's finals of pools. Nice job

KAERU: Thank you for showing me the Montreal TAMASHII when saving my cable. Sorry you had to go through that, but it was great we had a nice chat and got some casuals in. I hope to see you again at NEC

Dacidbro: Nice to meet you, hope you had a great time on the east coast

Cirno: Sorry for fucking up in teams ;__; If we team up again, I'll definitely do better.

Litchi: for being top tier

Oh and AkiraShiro, Stop being creepy and rubbing my hair when I fall asleep :<

Shoutouts time!

Shoutouts to John and Joe; you guys held an awesome event.

Shoutouts to Cirno for being my traveling buddy, and getting to the venue super early, getting food, seeing Prometheus, and still no one being there.

Shoutouts to the New York room for being godlike (and somehow getting a bed one night).

Shoutouts to the best, worst GPS system ever and getting slightly lost every time I got in a car.

Shoutouts to the Rita's/Wawa poetic 2-hit combo.

Shoutouts to doing mid-mid mixups.

Shoutouts to getting bodied by mid-mid mixups.

Shoutouts to the Canada guys for being amazing and incredibly nice people. Kaeru, thanks for being my teammate in teams. You are the North American Bang god that kills everyone once you get that first touch. Just gotta work on getting it. Pochp, get exposed~.

Shoutouts to netplay warriors. Nice meeting BatousaiJ, Shiro, Raiza, and TD.

Shoutouts to Dacidbro for representing the EC option select harder than anyone else in the anime tournaments, and for being such a great sport.

Shoutouts to NY teaching Dacidbro the Ragna matchup.

Shoutouts to going 0-6 in BB finals.

Shoutouts to getting 3rd at my first major, and that was actually a real major.

Shots fired Lich

Shoutouts to making Luis get SFxT.

Shoutouts to LK getting bodied by his car battery.

Shoutouts to EC bonding time at the grease trucks.

Shoutouts to all the people that supported me both at and off the venue during the tournament.

Shoutouts to only BB players being in Grand Finals for Skullgirls, a fact I'm sure Mike is thrilled with.

Shoutouts to Team St1ckbug cleaning up in half the tournaments and doing our job to make sure Dacid didn't place in anything.

Shoutouts to Alan for running awesome tournaments, and making sure everyone had a good time both during and after the event.

Shoutouts to anime, and everyone that supports anime.

I had a great time, and not even my stick getting jacked could get anywhere near ruining this experience.

#donate

You guys are all awesome. Hope to see everyone soon!

Shoutouuuuts~

TSB for putting in work and doing a great job. Getting on commentary was one of the things I wanted to do, but there wasn't a stream :<

Pretty much, everyone that was there for being fuckin' awesome. Looking for a KOF room Friday night and only being able to find one, and then randomly meeting BB and Skullgirls players in the hallway.

Special shoutout to SKD for getting caught in the closet mixup. If you closed your door and opened the closet, the big bolt lock closed over itself because the closet door pushed it over. So, the next person that opens the door gets bodied and locked out. Apparently you sleep like a brick. I also have your phone charger and SKT (SuperKawaiiTowel). :<

Saturday I was stuck at KOF pools for so long, also dead tired, I didn't really get to hang around BB setups and had no idea when the top 8 was even happening :( I think I went to eat at the time. When I finally got to SG pools I think I was too tired to play that game properly. Still, good job to the guys that placed!

Shoutouts to that random guy I met on on the street, while explaining some BB mechanics to a SF player friend of mine. He was like, "Are you guys talking about Blazblue?" he wasn't even from ECT. Just some random guy.

Zidane for winning GG , and KOF. I lost to RyRy in winners finals so you got revenge for me. I did my best to hype you up from the crowd, haha. Also based command grab for the win that I think every anime player called out at the same time.

(I lost my voice after Sunday. Too much screaming!)

Saturday night anime room with everyone was cool. Stickbug story time. Canada guys are great. Trolly casuals. GOLD BURST! Learning Gundam with Air (that game is way too anime!), Cirno's kawaii Miku stick, playing one game of KOF with Dio before realizing holy shit, the sun just came up, and going to sleep. Wish more of you stuck around Sunday! The setups got packed up kinda early though.

Shoutouts to looking for people because I knew they were around but not knowing who exactly they were, so asking random guys who they were. Meeting BatousaiJ because I knew it was him from seeing purple Tsubaki on the screen. Thanks for the slice of cake Chibi. I gave Dacidbro my plate after, east coast hospitality, man.

Shoutouts to everyone that complimented my Aegis stick. *w*

It was my first major, I think it's guaranteed that I'll be coming back to this one every time, and looking into others. I came for KOF and SG this time, but hopefully we can all enjoy some P4 soon ;D

Had a really great time this weekend, shoutouts to everyone who showed up. met a lot of people, thanks for the casuals skd, raiza, cirno, TD, DI0, LK, superscience... Sorry for playing only dumb characters though :( st1ckbug, LK, daiandoh, tournament ran really well, GJ! rest of ECT staff gj as well

specific shoutouts to:

st1ckbug parrying my gold burst through your blockstring, and then airthrowing another one. Matches were too much fun, we need to have a money match or something next time.

mt5a good shit getting 3rd, I want my runback from teams though, you're the one who's getting exposed next time ;)

fat sandwiches. though they were smaller than I expected, what's the thing that happens when you eat 4? I'd try that next time.

all those stories from the grease trucks. dangerexy, seasons beatings, bait the chains, by a fence...

dacidbro telling us tales of the magical R button and other random stuff.

negative fucks casuals with in st1ckbug's room after the sandwiches

may

fuck air gauntlet hades

sad I didn't get casuals with everyone, oh well more incentive to come next time. Hope I'll be able to make it to summer jam.

Shoutouts to SKD as we trolled MVC3 crowds with Blazblue posters as we get yelled at by randoms. ANIME!

Shoutouts to MashThat5A for getting third! GOOD SHIT!Shoutouts to DI0 grabbing my burst when no one was looking. phew.

Shoutouts to St1ckbug and DaiAndOh for running the event and convincing people to put GG on stream and got a good crowd watching it.

Shoutouts to Blazblue hating my execution

Shoutouts to Battousai for bodying me. It was fun.

Shoutouts to superscience for exposing my inability to deal with Bang command throws XD

John and Joe, once again: THANK YOU!!!!!!! Your event gets better ever year, and this year is no different. I know that you promised me some bandwidth to stream, but the hotel failed to deliver. I just want to let you know that this didn't change my opinion of the event at all. You still gave us a couple tables and some power outlets to do our thing. All we wanted was some space to enjoy our games. You made that happen. Thanks again for being so accommodating.

DaiAndOh and LordKnight - Thanks again for helping me out. Running brackets isn't a one man thing, it's as simple as that.

Cirno - Thanks for making it out man. I always get hype when I see new people at majors. Your Plat was a lot better than I expected it to be.

MashThat5A - GJ placing 3rd at your first major. Sorry your stick got stolen. Shitty luck.

Raiza - I was kind of bummed to see that you stopped playing Lambda. Regardless, you're still a strong player. I hope you can make it out to more events in the future. It was nice seeing you again.

TD - Come to more TSB tournaments you netplay warrior.

Akira-Shiro - Congrats on 4th. You should try to go to Summer Jam and NEC. That's clash battle was fucking stupid! I'll let you on the mic more next time.

Jake Green - Another new face. Thanks for coming all the way out to ECT.

BatousaiJ - You came and actually stayed this time! Sorry you didn't get to enter teams. I had to get it started and I wasn't sure if you were coming back or not (I don't check Dustloop while at tournaments, sorry).

Lich - NJ's strongest player. Stay godlike dude. You keep getting better and better. You made me realize that I should pack my own food for tournaments.

Eduardo - GJ carrying Lich the whole tournament.

SuperScience - Nice seeing you again! We need to get you out to more NJ gatherings.

SKD - GJ on second. Stay based.

Omni - Thanks for not entering you jerk.

Andru - Thanks for coming out. Maybe you'll be able to make it out to a TSB event sometime?

MD Orona - Nice meeting you. Come to Summer Jam and NEC!

NothingCells - Another new face! Hope you enjoyed yourself. I always get hype when there's a name in the brackets I don't recognize. I hope you can come out to more events in the future.

Josip - Sorry we didn't get to play or hang out at all. I'll see you at the next gathering or when we go to visit Chris, whichever comes first.

Kaeru - You're one of the reasons Canada is so godlike. We'll play GG next time we meet. I promise. I hope you enjoyed the grease trucks. Next time you can go for 4 in an hour!

Bibi - Thanks for coming down! I should've played you but I can only stay awake for so long. Sunday I was out of it. NEXT TIME!

pochp - Our matches were fun. Fuck May.

AirMaster - You Faust is random, but that's about it! You gotta play GG more before the new version drops!

iora - Stay free Justin.

BBQ - XOXOXOXOXOX

Dacid - Thanks for coming out to EC!

DIO - Fun games. We went even but then you got that streak on me. I need to practice more.

NY Guys - You know there's only love. See you guys around. Thanks for making it out.

There were a couple other names that I know I forgot. I grabbed the brackets so that I could remember everyone but I dropped them at some point. I'm sorry if I forgot to mention you.

Thanks again for everyone that made it out. You can't have an event without players!!! Go to NEC!!!

Yeah, I put the brackets on top of the poster box, and then put stuff on top of that to carry to my car. The box must have flexed and let the papers fall out.

I'm sorry :<

shoutouts to you guys' shoutouts! damn my social anxiety :( l wanted so much to come up and say, 'hi, i'm TD!' to a number of you, but each time l thought about it l just froze up.. so scareh T.T but plz dont mistake my silence for hate l (secretly) love you guys and the scene. stay classy.

shoutouts to you guys' shoutouts! damn my social anxiety :( l wanted so much to come up and say, 'hi, i'm TD!' to a number of you, but each time l thought about it l just froze up.. so scareh T.T but plz dont mistake my silence for hate l (secretly) love you guys and the scene. stay classy.

You've got a strong Rachel! Very intimidating to play you in top 6ish. Nice to kind of meet you, haha.

I didn't get in my casuals vs Dacid and TD.

Sad panda. Hopefully you guys will be at NEC so I can get some matches in =d.

I didn't get in my casuals vs Dacid and TD.

Sad panda. Hopefully you guys will be at NEC so I can get some matches in =d.

Sorry x_x

I'll look into NEC but I would say it's a bit unlikely.