Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skorm11

Can you HCL FRC airdash after 2D in #r?

Was it Fortissimo? I might be confused or be thinking of another one, but I've seen one where a character bursts, I-No IAD's away, then FB cancels into AD forward, slashback cancels the dash, and airthrows the whiffed burst.

And yeah, a more skilled player wouldn't let you do something that stupid unless you scared him/her out of his/her mind with rushdown, and I-No doesn't really do that all that well. It's fun to attempt against lesser skilled players that don't know her gaps though. I should learn this since I've got some friends to troll...

I tried playing #R with a friend about a week ago and it feels so different. I can't get her HCL to FRC right, and her gatlings aren't the same so I drop everything, but her damage feels better anyway and her pokes don't seem to completely suck. I can't believe j.K will clash a VV in #R. I know it can clash Storm Viper in AC, but clashing VV? Holy crap.

Was it Fortissimo? I might be confused or be thinking of another one, but I've seen one where a character bursts, I-No IAD's away, then FB cancels into AD forward, slashback cancels the dash, and airthrows the whiffed burst.

And yeah, a more skilled player wouldn't let you do something that stupid unless you scared him/her out of his/her mind with rushdown, and I-No doesn't really do that all that well. It's fun to attempt against lesser skilled players that don't know her gaps though. I should learn this since I've got some friends to troll...

I tried playing #R with a friend about a week ago and it feels so different. I can't get her HCL to FRC right, and her gatlings aren't the same so I drop everything, but her damage feels better anyway and her pokes don't seem to completely suck. I can't believe j.K will clash a VV in #R. I know it can clash Storm Viper in AC, but clashing VV? Holy crap.

It was a UF. never seen the one you're talking about.

...and actually people do get afraid of I-No's rushdown. Don't know if you've ever been on the other end of I-No coming at you but a proper I-No player is insanely difficult to block. You get beginners who will do 5h, 2k, 6p, 5h, hcl all day and they're nothing to worry about, but a proper I-No player is another world.

All of her gatlings in Reload should be exactly the same as they are in AC. which ones are different?

I have been on the other end of I-No rushdown and I'm more frustrated with not being able to block because I switched to stick and the engage distance is irritating compared to knowing for sure that I'm blocking high when I want or low when I want on pad. I don't really worry about being able to react properly to mixups though... I'm actually working on slashbacking since there's no excuse not to slashback slow or multi-hit moves that can't be canceled without meter, and I have experience with powershielding in Melee, which has the same 2 frame window. The timing isn't a problem, and reacting to rushdown isn't scary for me at all. I still have a problem with instinctively thinking a lot of Dusts are lows because they look like they hit low, even though they're all overheads (**** you Testament), but I'm working on it.

I guess her gatlings are the same then, but switching to #R is like picking up I-No fresh again considering the properties of her moves are different. I can't get dives to work in combos, and Sol drops out of the majority of things I go for. I'm in this weird phase playing AC where I can AD out of HCL more consistently than I can make HCL or Longing Desperation come out, and I drop basic gatlings at times which makes no sense, but I can still occasionally get a full relaunch combo with VCL fastfalls to work during a match. I guess I was attributing my problems to the wrong things since I barely played #R?

lol dont feel bad, I've been playing I-No for a few years now and Longing Desperation is still a pain in the ass for me to pull off for some reason.

Hey guys, sry for the long delay,i had some activities at school...btw, a friend just told me and easy way to FD j.D, with backward+j.D+p+k+s with no burst, it's working 100%, and i kinda play a beginner+advanced style of i-no....though i enjoy using her jump overdrive when ppl don't expect it... and like so she gets to be more fun

And for those who think, that playing on keyboard is hard...well...it's not :), it may feel different for those who are used to stick/pad...but for me it's the easiest way, cause i play everything on keyboard :), and 360 is easy for me...i even saw machine cl on keyboard :)

{...and actually people do get afraid of I-No's rushdown. Don't know if you've ever been on the other end of I-No coming at you but a proper I-No player is insanely difficult to block. You get beginners who will do 5h, 2k, 6p, 5h, hcl all day and they're nothing to worry about, but a proper I-No player is another world.

All of her gatlings in Reload should be exactly the same as they are in AC. which ones are different?