Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Domethieus

[CSE] Makoto Combo/Discussion Thread

Speaking of PF ender, I find it quite hard to connect it after the j.D, even in the corner. Is it a matter of how high in the air Makoto is?

Thanks, guys. Playing Makoto seems like a less impossible dream now.

after j.D just do 2362366D during landing, seems pretty easy to me.

Just wanna ask what you guys opinion on this combo is .....

5B, 5CC, 5D, 2D,5CC, jB, jD, 214A~D, 5CC, jCB, jB, j.623C~D

I was looking for a universal combo that will work on everyone, deal good damage, and most of all be easy to preform, even in netplay with no bothersome ambiguous timings thrown in like the 2D after 5D, or 214AD......

I'll presume that this combo is near a wall, here's a universal combo for you, 5B 5CC 5D 2D 66 2C 236A~D 5CC j.B j.D 66 5CC j.CB j.CC DP, basically every combo near a wall works the same except against Jin and Valk which I'd recommend using 5B 5CC 5D 214A~C~B 5CC j.B j.D 66 2C 236A~D 5CC j.CB j.CC DP

from a 5B CH midscreen you can link it into 2C so depending on hitboxes, from a midscreen CH 5B you can do CH 5B 2C 214A~C~B 5CC 2D[1] 5CC j.B j.D 66 5CC j.CB j.CC DP

Makoto's CSEX combo are pretty much all identical with a different starter in the end, so practicing the 5 combos that Makoto has will give you an universal access to all the rest that she has afterwards.

I'll presume that this combo is near a wall, here's a universal combo for you, 5B 5CC 5D 2D 66 2C 236A~D 5CC j.B j.D 66 5CC j.CB j.CC DP, basically every combo near a wall works the same except against Jin and Valk which I'd recommend using 5B 5CC 5D 214A~C~B 5CC j.B j.D 66 2C 236A~D 5CC j.CB j.CC DP

from a 5B CH midscreen you can link it into 2C so depending on hitboxes, from a midscreen CH 5B you can do CH 5B 2C 214A~C~B 5CC 2D[1] 5CC j.B j.D 66 5CC j.CB j.CC DP

Makoto's CSEX combo are pretty much all identical with a different starter in the end, so practicing the 5 combos that Makoto has will give you an universal access to all the rest that she has afterwards.

The 66 has been an issue for me because I cant consistently dash after the 2D, I can perhaps nail it once every 10 tries but add netplay, and it becomes a hassle, which is why the combo I added had no such things as 66s, Im not looking to do her most damaging combos just ones I can land consistently in 2 bars every-time, against every character, and not have to worry about whether or not I need to dash into 5CC, or how long should I delay comet cannon after 2D. Or other thing characters likie ragna, or jin dont have to worry as much about, during combos, particularly when it comes to their opponents hitboxs.

best tip is wait until the opponent starts falling down to input 66, and another fact, netplay and Makoto is a bad matchup

Sadly netplay is my only means of competition, so refining my gameplay against others offline is simply not possible, also I know what your talking about for dashing when they descend but thats exactly what I have trouble with, even after figuring out all that was necessary was a step, I have to do the full dash for noel which messes me up. Plus I have to alter the combo afterwards for valk, and jin,'sigh" what a hassle -__-

1- 5D > 214ACB > 5CC > j.B > jc > j.D > 2D > 2C > 214AD (needs a good starter like 5B or 5C, or else it wont work)

2- 5D > 662D > 2C 236AD > 5CC > j.B > jc > j.D > 5CC > j.B 623CD (Universal, the last 5CC wont work vs Jin and Valk, use 2B 5CC instead)

3- 5D > 5B 6A 2D > 2C 214AD > 5CC > j.B > jc > j.D > 5CC > j.B 623CD (the 5B 6A 2D pick up doesn't work vs Jin and Valk, use the combo number 2 to avoid it)

If you have any further problems or questions just say it

Midscreen Overhead: (DMG: ~2700)

*6B~C > 214A~C~B > 2A > 5C > 2D(1) > 5B > 6C > 214B > j.A > j.B > j.D > 214A~C~A.

1: This can be done from a little bit away from the starting position for your opponent for the 214 A~C~A ender. If you're further from that, you can go into Corona Ender instead.

2: If you do anything before the 6B-C, this combo will not work with 2D(1). take it out and just do 2A > 5C > Corona Ender.

I'm fairly new to Makoto and right now I'm trying to get her basic B'n'Bs down, but for some reason I never seem to be able to connect the 214A~C~A at the end. I have tried it with different spacing from the starting point but to no avail so far. Is there some trick to it or is it just some really strict timing, or am I missing something else entirely?

Thanks, Nargrimm

I'm fairly new to Makoto and right now I'm trying to get her basic B'n'Bs down, but for some reason I never seem to be able to connect the 214A~C~A at the end. I have tried it with different spacing from the starting point but to no avail so far. Is there some trick to it or is it just some really strict timing, or am I missing something else entirely?

Thanks, Nargrimm

The 214A~C~A ender can only be done while the opponent is sliding in the corner. The reason that works is mainly because by the time you'd do it, the rest of the combo should have carried far enough for it to work. You should be able to do it by walking the dummy forward a bit.

The last thing I can say is press ACA as fast as you can? =/ And also trying it closer then as you get used to it, work further away.

And what part of the ACA are they teching out of,?

If 214AC (Lunatic Upper) is the one you drop the combo at then you must time it well, if 214ACA (Mars Chopper) is the move you keep dropping the combo at then that means the problem is in the combo.

So, the only thing odd I managed to find was that Jin escapes j.A if you do 2D > 5B >6C > 214B. Use 5C > 6C instead.

I tried it on characters with weird hitboxes, like Valk and Ara, but it was all for naught. Both Noel and Carl are also okay for it, so...

Try buffering 214A just as you're landing from j.D. You should go into AV as soon as you touch the ground, then press AC once she does it. (On some characters, you'll be able to tag in a dash 5D if you're close enough. Carl isnt one of them btw.)

Also 2c FC 214A-A JC JB 6A BBS 5d 214AC-B jb 7d 2366A-D 5cc jb 7d PF. Tager specific it's so fun to do. MID screen. I forgot the dmg

Anyway I'm done trying for the day, this last j.D is so retarded to get I tried with every possible orb timings high mid low and only got it 2x out of like 40 attempts and that was back when I was stuck at 49 heat. But I know it's possible I'm just afraid the CPU might tech inside a lvl 3 PF

If someone wants to go for it, it's FC 2C 214A~D PF[2 Hits] GB GB BBS 66 5D 214A~C~B 5CC 2D 5B 5CC j.B j.D 66 2C 236A~D 5CC j.B j.D PF DMG Estimate 10300

I haven't read anywhere on this board so have you guys tried finding an SMP combo with makoto?

2C

5D(3)

2D(1)

2D(2)

2D(3)

j.D(3)

236A

Break shot

214C~D

214B~D

thats 10 moves right there... so i can imagine doing 2C twice, bursts, etc. and then ending with 5D(3) like 6 times lol

2D level 2 doesnt have SMP

2D level 1 and 2 share the SMP so its a one move

Comet Cannon and break shot share the SMP

214BD and 214CD share the SMP

Add 214AD as a SMP

Total will be 8 moves

I dont have the whole idea about how SMP combos work so i might be wrong :3