Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Domethieus

[CSE] Makoto Combo/Discussion Thread

Regarding SMP combos: I tried to get a 5D loop going, but that's not going to happen. I was able to stuff enough 2Cs in a combo to get the 10 moves in before going for 5D. Problem is, they can tech before it connects and even if you hit it (236A~D > RC > 5D ftw :V), proration is already too bad to connect the next 5D afterwards.

tl;dr She doesn't have enough SMP moves to make the glitch work for her.

StarGazer, thanks a lot for tutoring! And your userpic is super cute, you know that? What is parry positive proration? You get bonus p2 for comboing off parry?

Makoto's super cool, but her charge drives are a pain for me... Especially last charge drive in a corner combo (i tried doing 214acd into pf ender) - that d in acd is super strict! Mayby that is not the best ender choice?

There's other factors you should be looking at. When you do your 214A~D PF, the higher the opponent is the more chances there are for it to whiff, and some hitboxes also makes it a bit harder, also, the hitstop on the 214A~D is quite huge and gives you plenty of time to input it, but the more you wait and if you go to level 3, the opponent will move a little bit before the first hit which can make it whiff. And getting level 3's come on its own with time, can't say that a little mistake here and there will NEVER EVER happen, but that's only normal.

For some reason I can't pick up Jin with 5CC when he's in that sliding motion. I guess it's because his hit box is smaller than say Ragna, who I can do it on without any problem. Should I just add 2B > 5CC or will that mess up the proration of the combos?

Brand new to BB so I'm still getting used to the system.

Jin and Valk are the only ones you cannot do a 5CC pickup. 2B is the replacement. Inb4 "you can 5CC pickup Valk if you're quick enough".

Jin and Valk Combos

- 2A > 5B > 5CC > 5D > 2D > 2C > 236AD > 665CC > jc j.B > jc j.D > 2B 5CC > jc j.B > 623CD.

- 5CC > 5D > 214ACB > 5B 6A 2D > 2C > 214AD > 665CC > jc j.B > jc j.D > 2B 5CC > sjc j.CB > j.B > 623CD.

you just can't use 5D > 5B 6A 2D combos vs them but other than that everything else is fine, picking them up with 2B > 5CC / 2B > 5B 6A is not a problem at our combo proration since the combo is already dead at this time.

What is parry positive proration? You get bonus p2 for comboing off parry?

Parry doesn't apply a bonus proration but it just have a 150%P2

Makoto's super cool, but her charge drives are a pain for me... Especially last charge drive in a corner combo (i tried doing 214acd into pf ender) - that d in acd is super strict! Mayby that is not the best ender choice?

Which combo are using here? :psyduck:

your userpic is super cute, you know that?

I know :DDDDDD

If it's too difficult, just do dash in 5cc/(2b>6a)>PF, iirc the damage difference only 50~100 point at most ... and correct me if i'm wrong, iirc that combos is supposed to be for corner 2a(bad proration) starter, she can get better damage from 6b starter @ corner.

Try this

6BC > 5B 6A 2D > 2C 214AD > (66)5CC > jc j.B > jc j.D > 665CC > PF

This variation have better reward than 5D > 2D > 2C 236AD combo and its only cons is that it doesn't work on Jin and Valk

Having 214AC > D at the end of your combo is a bad idea since its hard to work in bad proration and its just not worth it. If your execution is good then try this after j.D as an ender: j.D > 665CC > j.B j.D > 2362366D (Dash PF)

Star, First combo is a throw one or 6b > c > d~one?

Yeah, I also find this ender impractical. Gotta compare stuff. Thanks. Makoto is very improvising btw!

Star, First combo is a throw one or 6b > c > d~one?

Yeah, I also find this ender impractical. Gotta compare stuff. Thanks. Makoto is very improvising btw!

It's a throw starter.

The combo above is a 6B~C Starter combo not a throw starter. Most reliable throw combos are:

-Midscreen: B+C > 214AA > 66A 2D > 662C > 214ACB > 5CC > j.B j.D > (Corner?) > 5D > 665CC > j.B 623CD

-Corner: B+C > 214AD > 5CC > j.B j.D > 2D > 2C 236A > 66A5D > 665CC > j.B 623CD

About this combo

5B/6B/5CC > 5D > 214A~C~B > 5B > 6A > 2D > 2C > 214A~D > 5CC > j.B > j.D > 66 > 5CC > PF.

I can't combo from j.B > j.D when I do it combo number change to blue any tip please.

You should do it as j.B > Jump Cancel > j.D because j.B can't Gatling into j.D so you have to cancel the j.B into a jump first then into j.D. the j.D should be done with fastest possible lvl3 charge and as soon as you jump cancel the j.B

Althrough you misunderstand me a little cause I mean can do j.B > j.D but combo number was turn blue still you answer want I want to know, so I have to use D little bit faster huh. Thank a lot.

ps. I use same timing when I use 5B > 5D > 214A~C~B > 5B > 6A > j.B > j.D > 66 > 5CC > j.BC > j.BC > 623C~D maybe that why combo aren't connect.

Thanks for these combos, I've been trying really hard to master Makoto. Managed to get the *2A/2B > 5B > 5CC > 214A~CCCC down, and I'm working on the BnB Overhead Combo. Having a Hardtime once I get past Star Gazer to follow through with combo (But that might because I need more practice) Anyway, thanks!

Howdy everyone! P4A Chie main here, playing BB for the first time and starting with CSE. I'd like to ask, are there any absolutely inferior combos in the OP? If so, what are the replacements?