Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

.Hack Versus, fighting game for PS3

Hmm, if we're lucky the game's battle system might be more polished than Naruto Generations. Ever since CC2 started listening to fan feedback via Facebook and Twitter before Generation's release back in October/November, they've taken a lot of things into consideration and the end result was a game more balanced than the awful shitfest that was NUNS2.

Sure Generations still has their own share of problems but some of us are willing to bring it up to them and give them suggestions, maybe they can implement it in this game since it uses the Storm engine. ie: Being able to airgrab jump blocking opponents. :v:

Gardenia lol. I'll honestly be surprised if someone knows who I'm talking about.

Oh, Gardenia the Long Arm lol. She was one of my favorite party members in IMOQ :3.

Yay people know her~! I'm used to most not knowing who I'm talking about. If I bring her up to my friends because they're talking about .hack characters they like they're mostly "Gardenia who?" and then I die a little inside.

Hmm, if we're lucky the game's battle system might be more polished than Naruto Generations. Ever since CC2 started listening to fan feedback via Facebook and Twitter before Generation's release back in October/November, they've taken a lot of things into consideration and the end result was a game more balanced than the awful shitfest that was NUNS2.

Sure Generations still has their own share of problems but some of us are willing to bring it up to them and give them suggestions, maybe they can implement it in this game since it uses the Storm engine. ie: Being able to airgrab jump blocking opponents. :v:

Oh so they actually listened to fans for some things? Nice.

Yo dawg I heard you like Kites so we put in extra Kite so you can fight Kite while you play Kite. :kitty:

In all seriousness it's nice to see Ovan.

I really, really don't like the graphics.

They look nice and all, but they don't fit the image the previous games have created.

I'm not sure whether I'm glad they're making this or not, but I'm pretty sure I'd be more pleased if it was 2D

with hand-drawn sprites by Sadamoto Yoshiyuki

They better include Endrance and Ryoukou as playable characters, maybe Keyaki too.

If Ovan plays like in G.U, he'll probably be the best character in the game lol...

This just occurred to me, all of the revealed fighters so far are all main characters: Sora (.hack\\The Movie), Haseo (.hack\\roots & G.U games), Tsukasa (.hack\\sign), and Sakuya (.hack\\Quantum). The only exception is Ovan -- but he was sort of the main antagonist in vol.2 and the early parts of vol. 3 so...

If Ovan plays like in G.U, he'll probably be the best character in the game lol...

This just occurred to me, all of the revealed fighters so far are all main characters: Sora (.hack\\The Movie), Haseo (.hack\\roots & G.U games), Tsukasa (.hack\\sign), and Sakuya (.hack\\Quantum). The only exception is Ovan -- but he was sort of the main antagonist in vol.2 and the early parts of vol. 3 so...

If we're just getting main protagonists and antagonists, we're getting a pretty small roster with too many twin bladers.

@Tsuki Garyuu: I'm hoping that will not be the case lol.

Anyways, a new 3 minute trailer from Andriasang. Skip to 0:58 for .hack//Versus footage- shows more Sora (Kite), Haseo's Xth Form, Ovan (as well as the true Tri-Edge), Sakuya, and Tsukasa gameplay, along with the online mode, etc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDolhdl368A&feature=player_embedded#!

Boy, I sure can't wait to read some Nicovideo-style comments during my fights!

Nice to have some actual gameplay, even if it's against training dummy-level opponents. Looks like Dissidia to me, which is nice.

It looks exactly (with no surprise) like the Ultimate Ninja games...except worst, game is surprisingly slow and the models (and animations) bother me, those re-dash combos are silly as are those dodges...

considering everything that you get in that package, and that they seem to be focused on the movie in the first place, the game did seem like a toss-in to me, so I think the fact we get it at all is pretty cool, but I doubt anyone expected a complete masterpiece and .hack at EVO =p something to mess around with your .hack friends on and prove your favorite character is best.

and it looked like storm from the beginning so i don't see why anyones surprised o3o 'human' models would OBVIOUSLY move and fight slower than EPIC NINJAS. it's obvious (~'3')~ //excuses

Like I said, I was expecting it to play like NUN games, so when I saw it was far more slow paced and has some silly mechanics I was disappointed. And "human" models is the most BS excuse I've ever heard, .hack games are often very fast paced (especially with the GU series). I would say I would reserve judgment till I play it, but I'm not going to import an expensive ass movie just to play this (don't like .hack THAT much) and the chances of it hitting the states in any way, shape, or form is unlikely.

That being said I like the changes CyberConnect2 is making toward their "NUN Engine" and with any drastic change not everything is going to work out perfect the first time around, but I just don't think I could get into this as I could the NUN series.

and the chances of it hitting the states in any way, shape, or form is unlikely.

Why is that? AFAIK, only Link was never translated into English; we got all three parts of G.U. and the Infection series.

Why is that? AFAIK, only Link was never translated into English; we got all three parts of G.U. and the Infection series.

Those were standalone titles, also we never got Fragment either (the only actual online one lol), there are a NUMBER of factors working AGAINST this title hitting the west:

- It's apart of a Hybrid pack

- If released together a publisher for the anime and the game will be needed to make sure the transition for both go well and "optimal" (let it be known that Namco Bandai doesn't have a strong video division any more, and Bandai Visual is more or less shut down, so it being completely in-house would require alot of resources on NBGI part, a risk they clearly aren't ready to make in the West)

- If released individually the publisher would need to put forth the money to secure servers for the online play (again warranting more risk for a publisher)

That being said it's not impossible (as nothing is) it's just unlikely.

Play of Ovan and Tsukasa

game is still slow as fuck, but I'll wait till I see Blackrose in action before committing

It's like they had to compromise between speed and fluidity. The UNS games were fluid-ish but really fast and this is beautiful as FUCK (both look and movement) and slow as hell.....