Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suzaku

XBlaze Code: Embryo Discussion (Spoilers)

Arc System Works presents...

Adventure Project

Phase One

Another tale of the "Azure."

A tale which begins here and now.

To live...

Is that the only way he can

atone for his sins?

Project Proposal: Toshimichi Mori

The children who resisted fate's designs.

The mysterious organization that guides destiny.

The "Azure Power" that surrounds and transcends everything.

The wheel of fate is now beginning to turn...

XBlaze (tentative)

It was announced during yesterday's BlazBlue CS2 National Tournament and will be released in Winter 2012 on an unspecified platform. The title is pronounced "ExBlaze", and is still subject to change. The second phase of the Adventure Project is also already in development, according to Mori.

The "adventure project" titles are likely to be visual novels / Japanese adventure games.

More details when they arrive.

Hmmm... Looking at the character designs, they look less fantasy than BB, and closer to non-fantasy i.e. no crazy hair, no crazy style clothes, no robots,no magical weapons etc. Maybe this game is about where everything in the BB universe started; when the Azure was first discovered and Amaterasu was created? The text in the trailer (what Suzaku translated) kinda makes sense if you think about it that way.

Based on what little information is contained in the trailer, I'd be inclined to say that it's set in the distant past of the BlazBlue setting, well before the Dark War, when mankind first began to study the Azure.

My first impression is that the three female characters are related to Takamagahara, and/or may be representations of the Fates or Norns. Each is obviously represented by a different type of flower, but I don't know anything about flowers so I couldn't say what signifigance they may have.

The male lead... I don't know what his deal is. Wearing a school or academy uniform of some kind. The female lead's got weird-looking eyes, which probably means something.

Also, for the sake of clarity, the second reference to the Azure in the trailer is written with the standard ่’ผ kanji, but has the furigana ใกใ‹ใ‚‰ (chikara). In other words, it's written as "Azure," but pronounced "Power," so I just translated it as "Azure Power."

Music sounding good- I can hear some variation on Nu's Theme in there.

Designs looking nice.

BlazBlue setting.

TAKE MY MONEYYYYYYYYYYY!

Could this be the long-awaited sequel to Prismaticallization? ASW are finally realising their true calling is in ADV games and not silly old fighting games?

OHHHHH MAN!!! First with the remake of GGAC, Now this?! Goddamn ASW you're playing me good here. -w-"

Not gonna lie, I'm going to be salty if this isn't a fighting game. The character designs are to die for.

Not gonna lie, I'm going to be salty if this isn't a fighting game. The character designs are to die for.

There is about 1% probability that this is a fighting game. They are usually called "Fighting games", not "Adventure games", even in Japanese.

Speaking of which, visual novels are often called "Adventure games". Maybe ASW are trying their hand in the VN department, for once?

So...it looks like it has little to do with Blazblue, but at the same time it mentions the Azure, shows the Cauldron, is revealed at a BB tournament with a BB related name, and even ends with the "Wheel of Fate" kind of line?

I'm so friggen confused....at least the music is nice? Argh..

I wonder if this will see a U.S. release, since most VN's don't. I'd play it. For some reason I get the feeling that there will be some Rpg elements in this though...

aksys brought hakouki over, no reason they shouldnt for x-blaze, esp since arcsys is making the game

This does seem pretty interesting. Maybe this will cover the 3rd 25% of the story, since Mori said that the story itself was about halfway done. If this is true I guess that means that BlazBlue 3 is definitely going to be the final one.

Claiming that blonde with bitch eyes as mai waifu :kitty:

... but yeah, I'm curious to see what this game is. I'd love to see this as a hardcore action 2D platformer.

So...it looks like it has little to do with Blazblue, but at the same time it mentions the Azure, shows the Cauldron, is revealed at a BB tournament with a BB related name, and even ends with the "Wheel of Fate" kind of line?

I'm so friggen confused....at least the music is nice? Argh..

Everything so far indicates that it's connected to the BB series, maybe even a prequel.

Obviously not much news so far, but it was announced on stage at BlueRevo, references both the Azure and the Wheel of Fate, and includes a Cauldron, with possible references to the Takamagahara System.

At the very least it's a spinoff, though the use of monogatari (tale) in the trailer as opposed to gaiden (sidestory), and the general tone of the dialogue, makes me think it's probably about the origins of the BlazBlue setting.

Of course, that remains to be seen.

... but yeah, I'm curious to see what this game is. I'd love to see this as a hardcore action 2D platformer.

You'll probably be disappointed, then. In Japan, the term "adventure game" refers to graphic or cinematic adventure games, basically visual novels with more interactivity. No way to know where exactly this game will fall on the spectrum, but Snatcher and Policenauts are some of the better examples of the genre.

Everything so far indicates that it's connected to the BB series, maybe even a prequel.

Obviously not much news so far, but it was announced on stage at BlueRevo, references both the Azure and the Wheel of Fate, and includes a Cauldron, with possible references to the Takamagahara System.

At the very least it's a spinoff, though the use of monogatari (tale) in the trailer as opposed to gaiden (sidestory), and the general tone of the dialogue, makes me think it's probably about the origins of the BlazBlue setting.

Of course, that remains to be seen.

You'll probably be disappointed, then. In Japan, the term "adventure game" refers to graphic or cinematic adventure games, basically visual novels with more interactivity. No way to know where exactly this game will fall on the spectrum, but Snatcher and Policenauts are some of the better examples of the genre.

Yeah, I know. The sheer amount of BB references make it hard to deny it's in some way related, but at the same time...it's like totally different. The designs seem less fantastical(Save for the dude who sorta looks like an evil nega-ragna from what is seen)

Really, I guess we need to wait and see on this one. It's not like we can tell everything from a 1 minute long picture show, huh? If it really is sort of the "origin story" of the BBuniverse, it could be really interesting.

I guess it just boils down to waiting for some more info. Damn you, Arc system woooooorks. D:

This game connects BB timeline to GG timeline...

No, that probably won't happen, but it would be interesting. What about the possiblity of this game occuring AFTER Blazblue, like several thousand years after.

This game connects BB timeline to GG timeline...

No, that probably won't happen, but it would be interesting. What about the possibility of this game occurring AFTER Blazblue, like several thousand years after.

That feels...really unlikely. If this is really the next part of BB's story, jumping to the future at the point we're at would just be kinda...odd.

I don't like the character design, it's just me or the blonde girl looks a little like Noel?, with the red tie and the blonde hair. I'm glad that is not a fighting game but at the same time I'm not sure if they are ready to do a good game that it's not a fighting game, never liked GG2 for example.

I don't like the character design, it's just me or the blonde girl looks a little like Noel?, with the red tie and the blonde hair. I'm glad that is not a fighting game but at the same time I'm not sure if they are ready to do a good game that it's not a fighting game, never liked GG2 for example.

Yeah, she does. The blond haired/blue eye girl in the trailer also reminds me of an older Rachel, for some reason, but I might just be reaching for similarities here. :B

Yeah, she does. The blond haired/blue eye girl in the trailer also reminds me of an older Rachel, for some reason, but I might just be reaching for similarities here. :B

She looks like she'd be related Noel. Hopefully less annoying though.

I'm pretty sure that she looks like Noel simply because Noel is Mori's every single fetish stuffed into a single character, so he can't resist designing another female character that fits his tastes. Those strap thingies are a total giveaway.

I loved GG2, but it was forced in terms of development: came out on xbox, lacked 90% of the cast (because they didn't own their rights at the time), didn't come out on ps3, wasn't marketed very well, online system was buggy. I would've loved the game even more if it had say, a versus mode option, and more cast members. The story mode was the best part of the game in my opinion.

Anyways, I'll reserve my thoughts on XBlaze for now until I actually see something. I just hope that male character would end up being like Raki from Claymore, before the time skip. In other words I hope he's not a little bitch with a character pose like that.