Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suzaku

XBlaze Code: Embryo Discussion (Spoilers)

Found This on Mori's twitter, figured I'd drop it here for those who are interested.

Eh, it's basically the same as Kurushii's post about the game's pre order essentially

I just now noticed this game. Yet I'm hearing so many conflicted things. I just hope this will, in no way, affect BB's main story. Because I really don't want these characters anywhere near it, good as they may be.

I know some Asian versions of games include some English text, would anybody happen to know it applies to this game as well? Want to pick up a copy but not if I can't read it :V

The only Asia region versions of games that have English text/voiceovers are those that have been or will be released internationally. Some games actually get two Asia region releases (the original repackaged JPN game and a secondary release with the English due to it already being released or soon to be released in North American territories).

As XBLAZE currently has no international plans at all, there's a 99.9% chance that the Asia ver will NOT include English text/voiceovers within the game, there is a chance it will have an English pamphlet included with the instruction manual, telling you how to play the game, but that's about it.

just looking at this makes me think about Guilty Crown for some reason lol

yea i pretty much doubt this will come over to the states the cahances of that are very slim :(

yea i pretty much doubt this will come over to the states the cahances of that are very slim :(

Actually, if their relationship with Aksys wasn't completely absolved, or if they paid attention to their history, there's a relatively good chance that this can make it stateside.

Honestly not sure how to feel about the title, on the one hand the art direction is so generic it hurts (and the plane jane MC in a harem situation makes me even less interested) however since this has some interconnection with BB through the Azure, there's a good chance at world building here (which BB itself is terrible at).

Having a more "grounded" world is intriguing and there are cars here (a weird detail to bring up, but given the state of post apocalyptic worlds and the only transportation we know of are through monorail or airship) it's an interesting detail if within the same universe as BB.

I wouldn't say "completely" [yet] but they are definitely moving away from leaning on them as they've begun publishing their own titles internationally [granted these have all been digital only releases] and have even focused their concentration on North American consumers (they opened their NA site today)

So at this point it's hard to say how deeply the two are involved at the moment.

Is anyone able to rip the artwork from the site?, I tried to decompile the main swf and there is nothing there.

I was able to extract the images myself, so I hope these will work. :)

XBlaze Site Images: Download

I was able to extract the images myself, so I hope these will work. :)

XBlaze Site Images: Download

That download just tells me invalid archive and won't open anything

The .rar works fine for me, thanks!

Welp, the trailer on that site definitely confirms that this has something to do with BB as if there was any doubt. I saw Noel and Ragna in the video playing in the background.

Welp, the trailer on that site definitely confirms that this has something to do with BB as if there was any doubt. I saw Noel and Ragna in the video playing in the background.

That trailer's actually the same one they had at TGS. I translated it a while back.

The latest episode of BuruRaji H was an XBlaze special crossover. The official website blurb includes a bit that says "BlazBlue and XBlaze, two legends that intersect at the Azure!?" It's also generally been referred to as being "linked to the world of BlazBlue." The approach seems to be to create a new storyline revolving around the Azure which takes advantage of the setting developed for BlazBlue but which can evolve into a series that stands on its own two feet.

At this point it's hard to say if it's a spinoff based on the same mythology, or if it's actually tied into the overall plot. My impression has always been that it's a prequel set before the Dark War. We probably won't be able to find out exactly how they're linked until the game is actually released, of course.

Thanks, do you mind to tell me the program you used to extract the images?.

I used the most recent version of Sothink SWF Decompiler (Version 7.4) to extract the images.

Opening shown at ArcFes featuring a lot of new characters, with the main character showing off some Black Beast-style transformation effects and the boss, sporting an elegant gothic aristocrat look and a bunch of floating blades like a Murakumo Unit. Also looked like a production facility for some things resembling Murakumo Units.

Edit: Here's a direct feed of the game's opening, courtesy Famitsu.