Sign in to follow this  
mAc Chaos

[CSE] Hakumen Combo Thread

Define "really good" and what exactly do you do on the psp version, are you playing against other people?

From experience the vita's dpad is way better than the psp, but the analogue stick is so close and too sensitive. I play against online opponents, since the AI is kinda easy.

I'm sure I've landed that combo at least once on bang during my tests. it's just random :\

and yeah, about 2A starter, that's what I said, with better starters you get to skip kishuu and add j.B to adjust the height. 2A is better than 2B for haku

Oh, I always thought that 2A was his worse starter, thanks for pointing that out. I still need to test the combo on bang more but so far it has never connected for me.

From experience the vita's dpad is way better than the psp, but the analogue stick is so close and too sensitive. I play against online opponents, since the AI is kinda easy.

I wouldn't know as I don't own a Vita. Regardless, practice (and patience) makes perfect with that combo.

If you think you'd rather try an alternative of that Tsubaki combo, try:

Tsubaki, 6c, Hop 2c > sj.B > j.2a, j.2c > 6a, 5c, 2c > j.B > j.2a, j,2a, AD j.2a, j.C, 5c, 3c.

I'd consider this one more complicated (And it still has a super jump, but only one vs. three,) but maybe the difference in what you have to do with it will be easier than the things that were giving you trouble with the old Tsubaki combo. Note you have to delay the j.2c quite a bit or the 6a may whiff.

Hello. I don't know if this has already been answered, but I got a question about this BnB combo:

(3) [starter] > Renka (1) > Kishuu, 2C > j.B > j.2A, AD j.B > j.A, 2C > j.B > j.2A, AD j.2A, j.C

I have trouble landing the third j.B . Do I have to super jump here? And when I tried it with super-jumping, I did manage to land a hit and then follow with j.2a, but for some reason after the j.2a the opponent flies into the other direction (flies above me and then behind me). Am I doing something wrong here? Oh, and I used 5C as a starter :3 Thanks in advance ^^

Will check this later this afternoon when I have console access. I recall landing this j.B was exceedingly difficult / impractical and came up in the early pages of the combo thread.

One thing to note is that in a lot of the standard Renka(1) Kishuu combos (such as the 2b one,) the combo had a j.B listed after j.B > j.A, 2c > j.B > j.2a, AD etc. This j.B really doesn't work well without the OTG 2c (I could not get it to work at all in most cases without an awkward reversal happening,) so I omitted it anywhere where it occurred.

The short answer is omit the j.B.

Edited by dioxideUniversa

Frick, this is driving me nuts!

Standard [stuff] -> Renka(1) -> Kishuu -> Hop 2c -> j.B -> j.2a -> AD j.B -> j.a -> etc.

How I do the bolded? I've tried max delay on everything, it still doesn't work since I don't get low enough when landing or something.

Halp!

Isn't that the basic part of the combo? I thought you knew how to do all of this already. For me, it depends on delaying the airdash and j.B enough. Sometimes the j.A.

Which version do you guys think is easier to do, AD j.a > j.b or AD j.b > j.a? I go with j.b > j.a since i cant do the other version consistently at all.

Frick, this is driving me nuts!

Standard [stuff] -> Renka(1) -> Kishuu -> Hop 2c -> j.B -> j.2a -> AD j.B -> j.a -> etc.

How I do the bolded? I've tried max delay on everything, it still doesn't work since I don't get low enough when landing or something.

Halp!

I find that delaying the j.B and J.2A as much as possible to be the most important parts and eyeballing the opponents height for the A.D j.A/j.B. Also Indigo had a post on tips to get that part down.

Oh I found it!

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?13856-EX-Hakumen-Extend-Combo-Guide&p=1326544&viewfull=1#post1326544

I've seen many say that j.A > j.B is easier and removes a lot of character specific timing/spacing differences, but I've always learned the combos as j.B > j.A, so naturally...

For the j.B > j.A combo, delaying the first j.B is important and landing the AD j.B as late as possible are the key parts I find, especially if you're trying to do the 5c > 2c variant. Don't delay so long that you land before your j.A comes out!

Thanks guys, I'll give that stuff a shot.

My execution downright sucks, but it's still the first time in a while Haku's given me trouble in training mode. ._.;

Grahhhh! I hate this combo! :arg:

Anyway, seems like the trick is to get max delay AD j.B to connect on a low hitbox. Rest is cake.

Isn't that the basic part of the combo? I thought you knew how to do all of this already. For me, it depends on delaying the airdash and j.B enough. Sometimes the j.A.

I ghetto-ized it by going for [stuff] -> Renka(1) -> gurren -> IAD j.B -> j.A -> etc. instead. Much easier!

(Or sometimes just [stuff] -> Renka(k) -> Hop 2c -> sj.B -> j.2a -> AD j.B -> j.2a -> j.C)

------

I think this combo is too frustrating for me. I'll go for this instead:

[stuff] -> Renka(g) -> Hop 5b -> j.B -> j.2a -> AD j.B -> j.A -> etc.

The hop 5b seems to make it easier to get a low initial j.B on the other's hitbox and it makes it just a tad easier.

Or I may just stick to my ghetto version after all. It works, can't knock that. :<

Edited by Sophisticat

You could try replacing the hop 2C with a hop 5A. That's what I do. Might make a difference.

hakumanz combos are pretty easy on vita dpad, all the shit i posted was done on it anyways lol

I finally got dat combo down. :kitty:

([starter] -> Renka -> Kishuu -> Hop 2c -> j.B -> j.2a -> AD j.B -> j.A -> 2c -> sj.2a -> AD j.2a -> j.C)

Ok, so here's the sequence. There are two important bits to nail it, but once you do, you'll get it right every time.

1) [Yadda, yadda] -> Hop 2c.

This is to get the Renka(k) timing right so the hitbox is fully on the ground.

2) 2c -> j.B

First important bit. You need to delay just slightly the j.B for the right height. Seriously, all that's needed is a very slight delay of any kind. So long as you don't immediately hit j.B right after 2c, it should be fine.

3) AD j.B -> etc.

If #2 was done right, this is fairly lenient so long as you get both j.B and j.A to connect.

The rest is cake. I can't believe I couldn't do this thing earlier. My execution sucks balls. :(

Bonus: I think this combo works with almost any starter. I even did Throw -> Renka -> etc. and it worked, albeit a bit tight.

It's actually a very flexible combo. Works in many situations and starters with great carry and damage.

yeah, it works even with 2A*3 and frontal throw starter (besides arakune). iirc the only starter that doesn't work is something like 2B 2A 2A.

what won't work from any starter is the corner modification of this combo, if you realize you'll reach the corner with the first airdash you should usually do this: (since it's easier and deals a little more damage)

[starter] > renka(1) kishuu > hop 2C j.B j.2A AD (corner reached) j.2A j.2C > 2C j.2A AD j.2A j.C > 5C (3C)

but if the starter is heavily prorated (throw or 2A*3 for example) you'll be forced to do the midscreen realunch (j.A>j.B or j.B>j.A) even if you reach the corner.

---

I also wanted to post this corner throw combo I've found, it's inspired by A92's BBR vids, but i found a little extension:

corner throw > 2C sj back j.2A AD j.B j.2A j.C > 6A > j.2A j.2A AD j.2A j.C > 5C 3C

~3k

the purpose of this combo is to bait a burst done immediately after the first 2C while still keeping the combo up if they don't burst. this is pretty good because bursting immediately would be the right thing to do for the opponent in the usual corner throw combos. also it's very cool since most of the time the burst will be cut :yaaay: or will totally whiff. cut or not, at that point you airdash and punish them very easily, since you were going to do that airdash anyway. this is the best punish combo meterless I could find for that situation:

...airdash j.B j.2A j.C > 6A 6C 2C > j.B j.2A j.2A AD j.2A j.C > 5C 3C

otherwise you can do ...airdash j.B > tsubaki (as seen in A92's vid) to punish them really hard :cool:

Edited by RushingMonkey

After the delayed j.B > j.2A > AD I tend to go for the j.A > j.B as I find the j.Bs hitstun seems to really help connecting the follow up 2C/5C and the damage proration doesn't seem to be affected too much by it on the basic 2C follow up. Is it me or do you find if you don't delay the initial j.B enough after the hop 2C when you try and delay the j.2A after it just doesn't come out at all.

There's also a corner combo I wanted to post off a 5C that's a variation on the standard corner BnB, I find it's quite cost effective for how much damage it does (even without the 5C starter) and tend to use it for any good punish when I have the stars. It may have come up in the thread before or something similar, so apologies if it has.

(5) 5C > Renka (1) > Kishuu > 2C > Hotaru > 6C (lv.2) > 2C > sj.2A > falling j.2C > 2C > sj.2A > falling j.2C > 2C > sj.2A > AD j.2A > 5C > 3C (7143 Damage/ 2.5 stars gained) video

EDIT: if you just go for a Renka (1) starter and omit the 5C it does 6289 damage.

Edited by SpawnShooter

depends on how many stars youre willing to/can spend? :o

and u get more dmg if you do 6c earlier

Edited by xlolxlolx

and u get more dmg if you do 6c earlier

and also using j.2C > 5C after hotaru, before relaunching.

best 5C combo extended with hotaru should be this:

5C Renka (1) Kishuu 6C (lv2) > 2C jc Hotaru jc falling j.2C 5C > 2C (j.B) sj.2A j.2C > 6A 5C > 2C j.B j.2A j.2A AD j.2A j.C > 5C 3C

~7.7k

but that hotaru part can be used to extend pretty much any corner combo anyway, it adds something like 800/1000 dmg to any combo. you just have to adjust the number of loops depending on the starter: if it's a good starter into renka (1) kishuu, after the hotaru segment, you can either do the combo above (2 loops with 6A>5C between them) or 3 standard loops. if it's a low starter you can do hotaru segment > 2 standard loops.

Is there anything like that you can get working off Tsubaki and Hotaru?

tsubaki is a low starter proration wise, so it’s this: (I believe this combo is present in the wiki)

Tsubaki > 6C (lv2) > 2C jc Hotaru jc falling j.2C 5C > 2C sj.2A j.2C > 2C sj.B j.2A j.2A AD j.2A j.C 5C 5C

~6.2k

as for hotaru starter, I think the best way to extend the combo is by using tsubaki, like this:

non-FC Hotaru > 6C (lv2) > 2C sj.B Tsubaki AD falling j.2C > 2C sj.2A j.2C > 2C sj.2A j.2A AD j.2A j.C > 5C 3C

(~5.2k)

if it’s FC you can add 6A>5C before the last loop for some extra damage.

For the first BnB how do you get the j.A, 2C to link? the dummy always recovers before the 2c is able to come out or the dummy is too high for the 2C to connect.

If they are teching the j.A, then you are not letting the j.A come out close enough to the ground. if they're too high for 2c then you are not delaying j.B, the j.2a, or the airdash enough. It's also possible to do the j.B > j.A too quickly as there is plenty of time in j.B's untech window to delay the j.A without making it whiff.

When doing the BnB, the first 2c > j.B needs to be delayed, the j.B > j.2a needs to be delayed, and in rarer cases (usually more the case for the j.A > j.B variant of this combo,) the air dash needs to also come out later. All of these impact how high Hakumen is when you get to the j.B > j.A > 2C part and also how high the opponent is when they are hit with the j.B > j.A. You should be able to time these parts late enough that sometimes you will not get the j.A out because you delayed them too much and you land before the active frames.

I'd say the delay before the first j.B is the most important. Any delay of any sort will usually make the rest of the combo work like cake. The rest is just figuring out the timing/spacing, but that first delay determines whether the combo will work or not.

Is there a video anywhere that shows the BnB in action? It seems that now I can get the 2c link since I'm delaying the airdash and the first j.b, but I can't get the second j.b that comes after 2c as the dummy gets too high from the 2c.

Edited by onemic

Sign in to follow this