Sign in to follow this  
mAc Chaos

[CSE] Hakumen Combo Thread

I have many Hakumen combo videos on my youtube channel that did not make it into the OP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdZ7r1f2Wvw

This is a 5c variant of the combo, however it is how you should be timing the 2c combo. With the 2c combo you have a lot more room for error, but this is more in the direction of the ideal BnB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh8E1I3xZ5A Alternatively.

Also worth noting, the hop before the first 2c isn't necessarily optional. It is the right timing for the 2c coming out right as they are laying on the ground. If you skip the hop and go straight to 2c, they will start a lot higher because they weren't on the ground.

Edited by dioxideUniversa

Buffer the 214 214 for Mugen while charging 6C, hit B after 6c hits

don't mash

other than that it's just trial and error / remembering what order of specials it wants. the timing for mugen -> renka (1) must simply be learned

So I'm back yay! I've been practicing what I believe a basic corner combo. However I keep mistiming it for whatever reason. It goes as follows

5C->236B->2C->jc 5B->j.2A->Air Dash->j.2A->j.5C->5C->2C

I can land it sometimes but where I feel I mess up is the 2C, when I should I hit that? Because when I jump into the air the j.B to j.2A the j.2A will either whiff or hit but the characters falls to the ground fast than I connect the second one. Another result is that I get the second j.2A but the character is still too low for the j.5C to hit. What am I doing wrong?

I didn't see anything like this in the first post, and a quick google search didn't turn anything up... What are some of Hakumen's best combos for when you Guard Crush your opponent? I see that you can hop forward to get point blank and land a full charged 6C, I'm assuming you start from that since it does huge damage and staggers them for 60 frames, but I don't see any 6C starter combos in the first post. Maybe that's not the right route? If someone has some they could post, maybe a meterless one, corner variation, one for when you have 2 or 3 magatama, etc. Really just anything to point me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Just throwing in a fully charged 6C on top of whatever combo you normally use is enough to add an extra 2k or so. But I don't think anyone has listed an optimal guard crush combo. At least yet.

Probably just 6C full charge > 5C > Renka(1) > Kishuu > the usual combo. Anyone got any off the top of their heads?

Just throwing in a fully charged 6C on top of whatever combo you normally use is enough to add an extra 2k or so. But I don't think anyone has listed an optimal guard crush combo. At least yet.

Probably just 6C full charge > 5C > Renka(1) > Kishuu > the usual combo. Anyone got any off the top of their heads?

That works seems to work well enough, I'll go with that for now unless I see something better, thanks.

So I'm back yay! I've been practicing what I believe a basic corner combo. However I keep mistiming it for whatever reason. It goes as follows

5C->236B->2C->jc 5B->j.2A->Air Dash->j.2A->j.5C->5C->2C

I can land it sometimes but where I feel I mess up is the 2C, when I should I hit that? Because when I jump into the air the j.B to j.2A the j.2A will either whiff or hit but the characters falls to the ground fast than I connect the second one. Another result is that I get the second j.2A but the character is still too low for the j.5C to hit. What am I doing wrong?

It should be something like:

Starter (5c, 5b, whatever) > 236b > 623a > 2c> sjc > j2a> j2c> 2c > sjc > j2a > j2c > 2c > sjc > j2a > air dash > j2a > j5c > 5c

Remember to cancel the 236b (renka) with 623a, because the second hit of renka will fuck up your proration. The j2c's should always be timed to be as low to the ground as possible, so you can land and get a 2c while they're still in untech.

Hey guys,

after a 2B reset in the corner (corner combo but omit the 3C ender for a reset), what is a basic combo I should follow up with?

Thanks for your reply dioxide. Usually I can't do anything off the 2B reset cause my brain is slow and takes a second to decide what to follow up with.

I have another question as well, regarding your bnb videos with [starter] > renka(1) > kishuu > 2C > jB > j2C > AD > jB > jA > 2C > j2A > AD > j2A > jC.

I was reading the other 19 pages of this thread a couple weeks back and watched a couple of your vids last night. Which part of the combo are you delaying? IIRC most people say to delay the first jB, but if I am seeing things right, are you delaying the jB after the first AD?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8scnfxa8K2M&feature=plcp

I was going to link this video based on the title, but it looks like there's a mix up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJDdEiXR_lQ&feature=plcp

Use this as a reference. Although if you omit the hop there might be some difference in how fast to use 2C.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8scnfxa8K2M&feature=plcp

I was going to link this video based on the title, but it looks like there's a mix up.

/hmm

i have no idea how that happened. problems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IANQvCZjPvo

this is the proper video and shows more ideal timing than the one above. this shows the 5c otg 2c variant, but the parts generally that you delay are the first j.B and the first j.2a (only slightly for this one.) You can also delay the followup j.B and j.A quite a bit, but it isn't required for the j.A > 2c variation of the combo. All of these delays factor into getting the 5c to not whiff, however. Other than that, no delays. It's worth noting that the hop is in these combos not only for increased corner push but because if you do the first 2c before they finish falling from the Renka(1), it can mess up the spacing. If you did not hop, hitting the 2c without waiting can compromise the spacing of the combo.

tl;dr the first j.B and j.2a need to be delayed for the 2c combo; once you figure it out it's not very strict

Edited by dioxideUniversa

Thanks for the replies mAc and dioxide. Took me about half hour in the lab to get most of it down. 2P inputs are severely lacking...

And yeah. The hop after 623A helps. A lot.

Mid screen (haven't extensively tested confirms yet, but I'm sure any C would work, as well as 5B)

214B (1) -> 623A -> 2c -> j.b j.2a -> AD.j2C -> Hotaru -> land -> 6C (full hold, the Wall Crush will give you time) -> 66 -> 2c -> etc. etc.

Its actually very reliable. Costs 5, refunds 3.

6300'ish damage from midscreen.

I accidentally posted this in the General Discussion thread first, fat fingers+phone screen fail :(

As a side note, I've been having enough fun with Haku-men lately I'm thinking of making a combo video just to prove how much better I am than mAc, so stay tuned.

There are other versions of this that are harder, and depend on your distance to the wall. Obviously, if you're close to the wall, just do a corner combo!

Edited by Ctrlaltwtf

Picking Haku back up and from looking through the combo thread I see a ton of combos missing damage values or seem incorrect.

(0) 5A AA > sj.A > sj.B > sj.2A > sj.C

Is this character specific or am I missing something in this? Shouldn't a jc be between sj.B and sj.2A? Also the damage value is 1302.

(0) 5A AA CH, 2C > sj.2A, IAD j.2A, j.C

Damage value is 1722.

(0) 5A CH > 6A > 6B (1127 damage)

It's 1091 damage not 1127. 6A > 6B by itself is 1127 which I think the person who did the combo failed on the 5A CH > 6A connect.

(1) 5A AA, 5C > Kishuu, 2C > j.B > j.2A, AD j.B > j.A, 2C > j.B > j.2A, AD j.2A, j.C

I can't get 5A, 5C to link at all without CH. Am I just not getting it or is this a typo? I keep blue beating my j.A, 2C link which I assume you have to delay the j.A a lot? The damage is 2651.

(2) 5A AA CH, 5C > 623AA > falling j.2C, 2C > sj.2A, IAD j.2A, j.C

And here I see the same link as the previous combo but it's listing the CH. It's 2346 damage.

(3) 5A > Renka (1) > Kishuu, 2C > j.B > j.2A, AD j.B > j.A, 2C > j.B > j.2A, IAD j.2A, j.C

It's 3078 damage.

It's just old as hell and Extend is too old now to bother revamping the entire thing.

I will make the corrections you noted anyway though. For some of them like that 5A AA > 5C, that seems strange since as far as I know it should only be on CH. I think I was going for two different combos based on star use (1 and 2). Most of those combos were transcribed from match videos at the time.

> Is this character specific or am I missing something in this? Shouldn't a jc be between sj.B and sj.2A? Also the damage value is 1302.

Yeah, but I didn't write it because that's such a well known link it's just assumed. Like 2C > j.2A is also from a jump cancel but nobody writes 2C > jc > j.2A.

What you really want to master are the way different moves flow from each other, so you can just connect them as necessary.

Let me test out some of these 5A combos.

You only get one after you've killed 100 Ragnas.

Also read the posts I linked. :P

Edited by mAc Chaos

Done!; and I did it with this combo. ~

(Out of corner? not sure if it works mid screen, you need room to carry them full screen xD)

j.B > j.214C > AD > j.2C > land > Gurren > IAD > j.B > j.A > Land > 2C > hjc > j.2A > AD > j.2A > j.C

DMG : 3806 MAG : 4 Refunds : 1.5

hop > j.214C > IAD > j.C > land > 5A > hjc > j.2A > Airdash > j.B > j.2A > j.C

hop > Tsubaki > hop > (land cancel) > Kisshu > 2C (2B for easy kill) > Gurren > IAD > j.B > j.A > land > 2C > hjc > j.2A > airdash > j.2A > j.C

I've been doing a lot but I feel most of it is common knowledge. Renka (1hit) hop 2C > jc > delay > j.B > j.2A > airdash > j.B > j.A > 5C/2C stuff. if you guys want my confirms, i'll be up all night, night shift tomorrow so i have to pull an all-nighter to get through it. :I

Strange this new hakumen seems... like your depositing meter for corner carry more so than damage. the best example of this is Zangetsu

41236C > 2C > hjc > j.B > j.2A > airdash > j.B > j.2A > j.C

DMG : MAG : Refund :

vs.

41236C > 2C > 214A > IAD > j.B > j.A > 2C > hjc > j.2A> airdash > j.2A > j.C

DMG : MAG : Refund :

Edited by Leonil_Requiem

Sign in to follow this