Sign in to follow this  
mAc Chaos

[CSE] Hakumen Combo Thread

That Tsubaki combo works midscreen though I forgot if the combo is different after Guren and I know it's pretty character specific (works on Ragna, barely on Tao, etc.)

That Tsubaki combo works midscreen though I forgot if the combo is different after Guren and I know it's pretty character specific (works on Ragna, barely on Tao, etc.)

Your applying them wrong. They can work on everyone; Just not as a fuzzy guard. However people who throw tech with out using the barrier OS. This combo is a great punish in this instance and if they block the j.B standing they have to block the tsubaki standing aswell. if they don't stand up (or throw tech or throw tech crouching with the os) then the tsubaki doesn't come out. you can also come down with j.B (so long as they permit and don't anti air you) and purple throw them in throw reject miss state. If they jump back after using the OS with barrier, you can throw them in throw reject miss for a free air throw.

[starter] > Renka (1) > Kishuu, 2C > j.B > j.2A, AD j.B > j.A, 2C > j.B > j.2A, AD j.2A, j.C (Video)

This combo gave me carpal tunnel syndrome.

I think it would be helpful to mention that attacks in this combo need to be delayed. Similar to what you did here:

(0) 2D, j.B > 2C > sj.2A, IAD j.2A, j.C (1933 damage)

^To land j.B you must delay it as long as possible. If it's too much trouble then just omit the j.B and land the 2C as normal.

You can see the delays in the video, but they are easy to miss if you are new and don't know what to look for. It took me a couple hours to figure out, at least.

this was on the table originally, (actually a video tutorial was on the table originally) but steam sort of fell off for this thread. i've posted it elsewhere but for the sake of amending the thread:

^To line this combo up correctly for the j.B > j.A > 2c, you must delay the first j.B as well as the follow up j.2a (only slightly on this one. Too much delaying can make you land before the j.A after j.B.) Also take note that there is a large window available for the AD j.B and, to a lesser extend, the followup j.A. These timings apply for most other variants of this combo (j.B > j.A > 5c, 2c variants are more strict.)

get to it mac

Hey, does anyone have any tips connecting the J.B>J.A gatling after the AD, it's really pissing me off.

The combo I'm trying to do btw is: (6) Zantetsu>5C>Renka(1)>Kishuu>Hop 2C>j.B>j.2A>AD>J.A>J.B>2C>sj.2A>AD>j.2A

Also, is the hop mandatory for it to connect?

I just did it in training mode so I know it works.

In fact it looks like you can start it off a 5C too and it works fine.

I didn't use the hop. I never use the hop, really. The hop just helps you get the delay right, but if you delay on your own then it's fine.

I didn't need to do anything special, so it's the same technique you would use to connect any other j.B > j.A > 2C link. You have to delay the j.B after the first 2C, and the j.2A after the j.B.

I managed to do it once last night so I know it's possible, I was just wondering if there was a tip to make it more consistent. I tend to delay the the second J.B just a bit after the AD and that seems to work.

you can do the j.B very late if you didn't delay the j.B and j.2a too much (i.e they aren't close to landing). you also pretty much just hit the j.A before you land, it's not critical you hit j.A as soon as you're available most times unless you were really close to the ground because you delayed the AD or something

j.2a and j.B have a lot of untech time

also the hop can be important-ish because if you 2c them before they OTG, they will float a lot higher in the combo than they're supposed to and the hop is basically just about the perfect amount of time for them to OTG (also a slightly bit more corner push.) however if you delay the 2C properly, you don't necessarily need the hop as mac said.

Edited by dioxideUniversa

I managed to do it once last night so I know it's possible, I was just wondering if there was a tip to make it more consistent. I tend to delay the the second J.B just a bit after the AD and that seems to work.

I am also learning this combo and I thought I'd share my experiences with you in case you find them helpful.

I think the delay between j.B and j.A is the most important delay. Not giving it enough time is what was preventing me from executing the combo consistently for a long time. If I land the j.B while high in the air and delay the j.A a lot, I have an easier time landing the 2C than if I land j.B really low and then do a smaller delay into j.A. Maybe there's more downward momentum if you have a larger pause between j.B and j.A. I'm not sure. In any case, I was executing the combo like this at first:

[stuff] > Hop (or delay) > 2C > jc > large delay j.B > large delay j.2A > AD > large delay j.B > small delay j.A > 2C > [stuff]

Then I transitioned into performing the combo more like this:

[stuff] > Hop/Delay > 2C > jc > small delay j.B > small delay j.2A > AD > large delay j.B > large delay j.A > 2C > [stuff]

I find the new method much easier, and I'm landing the 2C much more consistently now! Also on the second j.B, the main thing you want to make sure of is that your opponent is below you. Since when you do the j.B, your opponent will travel upwards and you'll start traveling downwards, if you aren't above your opponent, he'll float too high for you to land a delayed j.A. Because of this, the delay (or hop!) before doing your first 2C is pretty important, as leaving it out will cause your opponent to travel higher. It's still possible to perform the combo without the delay, but it is harder.

as i mentioned, it is possible to delay too much and not give you enough space to j.A between delaying the first j.B, the j.2a followup, and the j.B after the air dash (or the air dash before the j.B, whichever)

normally you would only use lots of delaying if you were trying to line up AD j.B > j.A > 5c instead of 2c as the spacing is much more sensitive

the tl;dr is you want the j.A to come out shortly before you land or they will tech the 2c. doing the j.B later or the j.A later will make you "fall more" because it is at the end of your air dash, the buttons themselves don't have much to do with it as opposed to the timing

Once you've got that figured out!

.. > Renka (1) > Kishuu > 2C > delay jB > delay j2A > AD > delay jB > delay jA > 5C > 2C > jB > j2A > AD > j2A > jC > [in the corner] 6A > 5C > 3C

Does 5K+ off 5C, 4K off 5B confirms. I believe this is also possible on CH 3C > 2B > Gurren if you omit the last jB

Also, random midscreen combo:

6 Stars Midscreen

.. > Renka (1) > Kishuu > hop.Hotaru > Hop > delay Gurren > 6C, hold and release right before enemy touches the ground > hop* > 2C > sj2A > j2C > 6A > 5C > 2C > j2A > AD j2A > j5C > 5C > 3C [DM: 6945]

*If you're a coward you can put Kishuu here to make the rest easier at the cost of another star.

Refunds around 3.5 stars I believe.

Edited by Ctrlaltwtf

Ive been pratcicing hakumen for a week now. done all the trials, went back to figure out that midscreen combo. I see that the jdA needs to be delayed after the jB ( i dont delay the jB at all ), then from here you need to see if you hit the jdA low enough, if its really low, you can do AD, ja jb sC. If you not confident that you hit it low do jA jB dC. works really well, i dont like jb ja, i can never get the jA to connect.

not delaying the j.B is what's messing up the spacing for your j.A, since i assume "i can't get it to hit" means they're floating too high

the first j.B is one of the most important delays in that combo

Anyone know any good mixups for pressure? I tend to alternate between 2A>2B>Gurren>6B, but most people tend to block that shit.

That's kind of hard to do with low mags since an opponent who is used to Haku pressure will easily jump out once they know where the holes in your pressure are. 2A>6B/2B>Kishuu>2B,6B,2A/5A>tick throw/TRM,5A whiff>grab/6B,5B>special/jc etc.; 2A>step 2A/2C>Kishuu/Guren,2B,6B etc. are some low mag using mix up/pressure blockstrings that can work out but as Hakumen you really should concentrate on keeping the opponent honest more so that you can get more free mix ups and pressure on them. If you start noticing them blocking every bit of your mix up, then maybe you should start doing more different kinds of stuff, if they still mash out or jump out of your pressure then you shouldn't be afraid of wasting meter on your blockstrings into Renka, Tsubaki, Hotaru and maybe Zantetsu to keep them more cautious of your options.

Alright, I'll be straight up. What the hell does keep the honest mean, make sure they respect my pressure?

Sign in to follow this