Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Id_asz

West Toast XVI [Jun 23 & 24] @ Super Arcade (BB/GG/SG/MB/many more!)

West Toast was founded by a bunch of enthusiastic Melty Blood players just trying to grow their scene. The premise has always been to meet other players and to have fun. After two years without a West Toast, they've been revived in 2011! Now the event incorporates even more games, but the premise remains the same: meet other like-minded players and have fun!

West Toast is a "Mini-Major" tournament which focuses on airdashers and other similar games. The tournament will be split into two days: Melty Blood etc. and Guilty Gear etc. Melty Blood Day will incorporate many of the doujin fighters, while Guilty Gear Day will incorporate more of the well-known fighters. Players will also be holding many side tournaments for all sorts of obscure games like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters! So, come prove yourself among your peers as the best of the west coast at West Toast!

The Location:

Super Arcade

1211 N Grand Ave

Walnut, CA 91789

(909) 594-5954

The Date:

Saturday, June 23rd

and Sunday, June 24th

The Schedule:

Saturday (Melty Blood etc.):

2132441796_view.jpg

TBA

TBA

TBA

Sunday (Guilty Gear etc.):

BBCS-EXTEND-logo-300x183.png

TBA

TBA

TBA

The Games:

Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code v1.07:

Time: TBA

Price: $5 to enter (+25c per play)

Pot split will be 70/20/10 for 1st/2nd/3rd place (subject to change depending on number of entrants).

Rules:

Double Elimination Bracket, 2/3 Matches, 2/3 Rounds

Double-blind character selection available on request.

Winners must keep same character (but may change moon styles, selecting before the opponent chooses their moon style), losers may counter pick.

All characters are tournament legal.

Game will be held on arcade. I will be working on setting up a PS2 input on the game, but there is no guarantee I can get it to work. Multiple stations may be held on PC.

In-game glitches are allowed as long as they do not "break" the game (i.e. characters float off the screen, disappear, the game crashes, etc.).

If a button or stick problem occurs, stop playing and notify the tournament organizer immediately (even before your round is over). We will restart the round after dealing with the problem. Abuses of this system will cause a forfeit of the match.

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend:

Time: TBA

Price: $8 to enter ($3 house fee, $5 pot)

Pot split will be 70/20/10 for 1st/2nd/3rd place (subject to change depending on number of entrants).

Rules:

Double Elimination Bracket, 2/3 Matches, 2/3 Rounds

Double-blind character selection available on request.

Winners must keep same character, losers may counter pick.

To be held on PS3 (May be JP disc).

All characters (including Relius) are legal. Unlimited Characters will not be allowed.

In-game glitches are allowed as long as they do not "break" the game (i.e. characters float off the screen, disappear, the game crashes, etc.).

If a button or stick problem occurs, stop playing and notify the tournament organizer immediately (even before your round is over). We will restart the round with a new stick. Abuses of this system will cause a forfeit of the match.

If the player accidently pauses in the middle of the game, they will forfeit that round (we might look the other way if it was in the middle of a super animation).

Rules, prices, times, and everything else is subject to change.

So as you can see, there are many slots that are TBA.

We will have 4 main games per day, and people are capable of setting up side tournaments as they like.

For Sunday, most of the games are decided, I just have to get final confirmation. However, we will have one open slot for the players to decide. I'll be asking around on various forums and deciding accordingly, so let your voice be heard? What games do you want on Sunday's West Toast?!

If P4U comes out for japan console early June, then import like 2 or 3 copies, and hold a tourney.

If P4U comes out for japan console early June, then import like 2 or 3 copies, and hold a tourney.

From what I've read, it comes out in Q3, which is borderline when this tournament starts. Aquapazza comes out like the day before this tournament, so we wouldn't have it as a main game, but we could have it on the side if someone brings it.

Must get in TSS practice!

A Twinkle Star Sprites side tournament would be so godlike!

I think SLEDGE said he would like to run another Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters side tournament again. Last TF tournament was pretty epic.

TETRIS ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this game is way more hype than blazblue, guilty gear, and melty blood put together.

Oh god yes this

P4A Jpn console release confirmed as August 2nd.

About two weeks too late for West Toast...

Edit: Maybe if I could fucking read I'd be able to tell that it's June not July for West Toast XVI. P4U date pushed forwards to late July for JPN, August 7th for us, still cool. Game's actually kinda fun from what I played at E3.

Yeah, There's gonna be another TMNT Tournament Fighters Tourney at West Toast XVI. So all you people's start learning! I want Turtles to steal the show just like last West Toast :)

Also, I've been thinking about having another Turtles tourney sometime in late May. Just to get people into it. So look for those Emulators and play....PLAY...PLAY!!!!!!!!

Yeah, There's gonna be another TMNT Tournament Fighters Tourney at West Toast XVI. So all you people's start learning! I want Turtles to steal the show just like last West Toast :)

Also, I've been thinking about having another Turtles tourney sometime in late May. Just to get people into it. So look for those Emulators and play....PLAY...PLAY!!!!!!!!

nigga, you just wanna steal our money again.

Just got a text from Nathan. He states that GG and BB will be on Sunday. Not sure on the other games though.

Alright! an update from ID-Asz via text message. ;D This is mainly for Saturday.

Arturo will be live streaming it. Melty will be on arcade while AH3 will be on PS3, and IAMP and Umineko will be on PC.

I'm looking for people to bring more PC's so if you have one, that will help alot. We have monitors we'll be using for the PC's. The first tournament will start at 3.

Also, in case ya'll didn't get the fancy poster link for this event.

http://www.ffa-united.com/west-toast-xvi-at-super-arcade-june-23rd-24th/

Goddammit why is bullet hell fightan on Saturday? I can't make Saturday.

FFFF-

Gonna be hosting an EFZ side tourney tomorrow night if ANYBODY gives a shit.