Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spirit Juice

Sol vs Jam

Matchup Statistics:

Openers:

Okizeme:

Punishes:

Counters:

Anti airing:

Zoning:

Their game plan:

Strategy:

Char specific details:

-- Member Submitted Info Section (if valid).

I'm sure this has been said already but just a random note vs Jam. you have to be VERY careful when choosing to do GV in combos if she has a Burst. If she bursts (making the GV miss) she can rape you with a puffball :psyduck: of course it sucks when any character bursts over your GV, but from my experience it's especially painful vs Jam.

That's bullshit IMO. No good Jam player will waste his burst on such a thing. If you block a GV, you can hachifu/throw it for free, and get some beefy damage + charge.

Ummm...I meant burst out when Sol's comboing you...hence the "GV in combos." Not when she's in a block string :blue:

If you burst during a GV combo right you get a free punish. Jam has a braindead easy, powerful punish for this situation compared to most other characters. Generally Sol will be nearly other side of the screen when this happens so unless you run in quickly or do something long range (jam puffball, slayer bbu, etc.) you will fail the punish.

so i don't play this matchup much, but have played it before a few times. i pretty much don't mess with puffball, and just play it safe. if i know its coming, GF -> FRC -> Block, since that will beat out forcebreak puffball and regular puffball. you can dash in and 2D her regular puffball, but it will just whiff against the force break, and it always feels like sol is taking more risk than jam really has to in order to capitalize off of a successful 2D counter against puffball anyhow. i always have problems with 2S and her 2D against jam, and the most productive tactic against her 2S i have had is using my own 2S. although sol doesnt have a super-ranged weapon, the blade of his sword still isnt part of his hitbox, and spacing it sobandi that u outrange jam by that little bit and her attacks dont reach you is pretty useful. bandit revolvers and gunflames off of any of ur generally safe pokes can land her an easy parry, and getting even knocked down by her is tedious. play a safe game, if she likes to parry, u can take advantage of ur strong lows a lot more, then switch it up when she stops.

2D>No Mash GV

= Free CH

Pulling a worthwhile combo after it is pretty hard, considering she's knocked so high up into the air. IIRC you'll have to running sj.S -> CLSW in order to get anything after it, and even then I don't think you can even follow up the CLSW with anything since she's up so high. You're better off doing 2D -> BR for the knockdown and go for mix up right after.

actually i think 2D -> GV is hella easy on jam CH its even easier and it gives you retarded amounts of damage if you have tension and your not confident CH 2D -> GV do 2D -> GF FRC -> CHSW

Pulling a worthwhile combo after it is pretty hard, considering she's knocked so high up into the air. IIRC you'll have to running sj.S -> CLSW in order to get anything after it, and even then I don't think you can even follow up the CLSW with anything since she's up so high. You're better off doing 2D -> BR for the knockdown and go for mix up right after.

You can do pretty good damage after 2D -> GV. You just SJ j.H to CLSW. If you're good, you can do 2 of them plus VV knockdown. But usually one is enough to do around 200 dmg. It's pretty useful when you can't do the 'standard' 5k,2h xx GV.

It's easy to get a GV combo and end with BR for a KD against the women except for ABA. The only thing that really bugs me about Jam's Puffball is when she does the crossup.

call me stupid but i us GV against her puffballs sometimes and it works maybe not the crossup one but yeah i haven't been beat out by it

it works, but it still feels like you have to guess. its good to know your options, and take risks when you have an educated understanding of your opponent, but as a staple strategy to go with, it is better to play safer than to take unnecessary risks. i don't grand viper right when i see her do her 236S since I don't really know what she is going to do. if the player does puffball all the time, then by all means grand viper when you see her use 236S.

this is true GV is risky business maybe not as risky as the old GV (lol IK) but it definitely isn't safe

so we don't have any matchups listed. i think this is a little in jam's favor? 4.5: 5.5 maybe. mainly because sol likes close range, but jam likes close range even more, and her crap is faster in general. i don't think its bad, i just dont think sol has the upperhand. not to mention she gets better damage, and has more options that goes into her damage than sol does.

yeh jam definitely has slight advantage in this match up. especially when sol is tensionless. sol cant afford to be predictable with gf frc.u mainly want short strings to gf. one good thing to do, i noticed this when i play doren2k. do something like 5k>5S>2h>gf frc, jam blocks the string, jump forward immediatley after gf frc,land 2k into more pressure on block or combo on hit. another option is land wild throw or late j.p this is good on many characters but especially good on a parry happy jam