Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dakanya

[November 18, 2016] United Norcal Dogfight (GGXRDR/BBCF/UNIEL) - Belmont, CA

Hi guys I'm from TN and am visiting my parents in Santa Clara, CA and staying from june 21-27. I was wondering if i could meet the community during my stay. I play xrd, +R, CPEX, and UNIEL. 

Hello, the most I can say right now is that our regular event is on the 20th but there'll be gatherings for casuals on Friday the 26th and possibly Wednesdays the 24th. I definitely recommend coming out for casuals on that Friday, which is at the same venue as our event and doors usually open at 7:30pm.

I'd like to resume running team events but we usually have our hands full with the normal lineup at NCD.

In the past I've tried to do some team stuff during NCDI / CaliBurst, but since half the time I end up being the one needed to stream, I don't end up being available to help make those happen.

In the past we also used to run team events during NCD and leave singles for NCI, but since NCD now seems to be the larger event it makes more sense to run team formats occasionally at CB as part of the main schedule.

Unfortunately I think Fred has put his foot down about always running Singles for all Evo games during CaliBurst, so that's a dead end.

Hi guys this is player from TN visiting cali I'll be at the venue this Friday, 26th. I look forward to meeting you all! Hope people come out for xrd +r and uniel!

Seiki do you have twitter? Just wanted to say ggs etc. If not, was great playing you regardless! Also super random but I fucked up on that one frame data question you asked me - LVL 2 Low is actually 11f startup lol. High and Mid are 10 (6+4) Like I had said though. Extremely irrelevant but just in case :P

Gonna start carpooling in occasionally, can anyone recommend the best way to avoid as much bay area traffic as possible coming in from Sac? I'd think hitting the 92 bridge should be fine, but I don't know for sure if it's near as busy as the ones heading into SF proper.

@suzun: unfortunately I was unable to respond to your post as Dustloop was malfunctioning during that week.

This Saturday is the 3rd Saturday of the month, so Dogfight will be happening!

Please note, we will be starting an hour earlier! Please show up at the new start time as we are aiming to finish earlier to avoid noise complaints at night.

For those unaware, we are also at a new venue now and I've updated the first two posts accordingly.

Please refer to the second post to find our new address and to get updated on the parking situation.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/4822-november-21-2015-norcal-dogfight-ggxrdunielapexvsfb-san-carlos-ca/#comment-488214

18 hours ago, WintySoSolo said:

new location is hella good for me, I might just try and show up. Do anyone want to play ACCELERATION OF SUGURI X EDITION

If I make it in time, I'll try mashing it. Suguri is hype, even though I've never played her game. :P

Hey, I came to the weekly last Friday and learned a lot. I can't make it this Friday, but I'd still like to play some Xrd this week. I remember someone mentioning that there were sessions on other days, too. What days are those on?

Sorry for bumping an older post, hope this is the right place to ask!

If you can't make Fridays, we usually have 3-4 people on Wednesday sessions. Opening time is generally after 7 PM, though sometimes people don't show up until 9.

9 hours ago, stupid newbie said:

Hi, I'm from Sydney and I'm in Belmont till Thursday. Is there a meet on this Wednesday?

Yup, there's a meetup on Wednesday. 

I'm interested in these events if they're still going. I'm in the Berkeley area so I'll look into my travel situation too...

Kan someone let me know if/when the next thing is happening?

On 7/30/2016 at 0:45 AM, Red Reaper said:

I'm interested in these events if they're still going. I'm in the Berkeley area so I'll look into my travel situation too...

Can someone let me know if/when the next thing is happening?

Norcal Dogfight occurs every 3rd Saturday of the month, starting at 2PM PST. 

As for looking for people in the berkeley area, I'll try asking for you in our FB group (you can find the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/218540381658036/ )

I'd also suggest asking in the Norcal Thread too: 

32 minutes ago, WintySoSolo said:

i tried to join that fb group months ago and I'm still pending.

Unfortunately I can't approve requests but I'll let someome who can do so