Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toanenadiz

[CSE] Lambda Video Thread v2

I liked his use of 5DD > 4DD > 4B in the corner. I'd have to guess his opponents expected a Parser. It also helps that he was using Parsers quite a bit after Drive in those matches.

Central Hachiouji Singles

I'll just refer to Purotosu as Gentarou now. Organized by video.

Chibaken (Hakumen) vs Yoshiki

Not really much to say. I thought both players played patiently and very well. I almost think that Yoshiki should stick to easier combo's that he knows he'll connect with almost all of the time.

Yoshiki vs ESP (Taokaka)

I don't think the Taokaka knew the match-up that well.

Rocha (Hazama) vs Gentarou

I really liked his 5DD > RC > Dashing 4B[#2 only] gimmick. Gimmicks are usually quite useful when your opponent hasn't seen it before. It doesn't even have to be a "good" gimmick most of the time as well.

Matsu (Bang) vs Gentarou

He had a 236C > Dashing 2DD > j.2C > 2DD > 6C > 236C pickup, but I think he should've put a TK after one of the 2DD's, or followed 6C up with a 6DD or 2DD for more Heat and damage.

Near the end of the second round, I think he should've gone for the double 236C > j.632146D ender, and that would've finished the Bang off.

Yoshiki vs Namahamu (Rachel)

Gentarou vs Namahamu (Rachel)

Yoshiki vs Gentarou

Gentarou's pickups are better, and that can make a large difference, especially in a mirror match.

I think they should use Throw > Dashing 2DD > 6C > 236C > Dashing 5C[2] > 6C > 236D, instead of just going for 5C[8] > 6C > 236C.

Chibaken (Hakumen) vs Gentarou

Very strong 2DD > 4B pick-ups and a 5A CH > 2C > j.DD > dj.2DD > dj.214D~C > falling j.2C > 2DD...

Matsu (Bang) vs Gentarou

There are a lot of ways that both Lambda's could improve their Heat Gain with just a little jump in execution, if any at all.

Kohatsu Singles

Tsukasa is easily the craziest Lambda out there.

Tsukasa vs Ragna

I didn't know a midscreen 214D~C could connect with a dashing 214D without a Fatal...

(corner) X > 236C > Dashing 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > TK > 6D > j.DD > j.214D.

I wonder how much making it 6DD would change the outcome.

I seriously wonder if that 2DD > crossover 214A was on purpose

Tsukasa vs Lambda

I love how many 6A's he gets in his midscreen to corner Throw combo. Throw > Dashing 2DD > 214A > 6A > TK > Dashing 6A > 6C > 236C > 6A > 5C > 6C > 236C.

Naga vs Sessha? (Bang)

I guess he should've cut short the DD ender to make it dj.DD > dj.632146D.

Tsukasa vs Azuo? (Mu)

2DD > TK feint > 5A > 6A > air ender lol

Tsukasa vs Sessha? (Bang)

- - - - -

Summit of Blazblue 3 on 3 (playlist)

Yoshiki vs Kyaku (Carl)

Yoshiki just bursted at the wrong time, that's all. When you burst at a move that has a long duration, it's easy to reaction RC if you see them burst.

Yutta (Ragna) vs Yoshiki

Bad burst again, but the only thing he could've done was burst sooner. I liked his use of 214D~C > 6D > 236D~C. The 236D~C add-on isn't usually seen.

- - - - -

Kohatsu singles

Naga vs Galileo (Litchi)

I think Naga's been improving his combo choices (2DD > j.2C), and that's been helping him quite a bit in some rounds.

Tsukasa vs Galileo (Litchi)

I'm pretty sure Tsukasa tried to burst right before Litchi's Hatsu, but mistimed it, so Galileo could RC to block the burst.

Tsukasa didn't really get an opportunity to get his offense going.

a-cho

Naga vs Hazama

- - - - -

Kohatsu singles

Naga vs Ragna

Sei vs Ragna

If you have Gravity available, I recommend doing (corner) TK > RC > (Dashing 5C) > 214A. Easy hitconfirm, and it leads to more damage than just a TK > RC > 5C > 6C > 236D.

At the end of the match, the best thing to have done to an opponent getting hit by 236D or 236D~C is 236236D.

Mu vs Tsukasa

Strange Guard Crush combo from Tsukasa. I thought he would've done something that had a lot more damage potential.

Naga vs Sessha (Bang)

Sei vs Tsukasa

3C > 236D oki > Dashing 2B > 3C > 214C > 6 > 5C[1] > 6C > 236D...

Tsukasa vs Sessha (Bang)

Mu vs Tsukasa

Strange Guard Crush combo from Tsukasa. I thought he would've done something that had a lot more damage potential.

Would you mind elaborating? The combo he went for is what I usually do off midscreen raw 236C and does about 4.6k meterless, which isn't too terrible. What better combo routes are there?

(midscreen)

236C GC > Dashing 214D~C > 214D

(midscreen)

236C GC > Dashing 3C > 214A > 236C > (Dashing) 236D

(midscreen)

236C GC > 214D > 2DD > 214A > TK > Dashing 6A > 6C > 236C

(midscreen)

236C GC > 214D > 2DD > 214A > 236C > (Dashing) 236D

(midscreen to corner)

236C GC > positioning > 236D > Run > 236C > (6B > 2C > TK) > 5C > 6C > 214D > 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > TK > 6DD > 2DD > air ender

IMO, all of those are probably quite a bit better than what he did. Considering his unrivaled execution, and how ambitious he gets a lot of the time, I was surprised that he didn't do something better. There are a lot more examples, and I can elaborate more (as well as give some more specifics) if you'd like.

If it's not too much trouble, could you please get some damage values for these? I'm at work so I can't try them (not to mention they'd probably take a while with my execution...), but I'd like see how they pan out in regards to reward vs execution.

And I wasn't aware that 214A > 236C > (Dashing) 236D connected actually, since I was under the impression that 214A > 236C tends to hit too low.

I'll start getting some damage values for the full combo's, and I'll record as much as I can as well.

And yeah, 3C > 214A > 236C > (Dashing) 236D works. If I had to guess, a non-dash 236D in this case probably doesn't even work.

All are completely midscreen unless otherwise noted:

236C GC > 236C > Dashing 5C[8] > 214A > 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > TK > 5DD > 6DD > 2DD > air ender

(4758, ~45+3)

236C GC > backdash > 214D > Dashing 5C[1] > 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > j.2C > 2DD > 214A > TK > Dashing 6A > 6C > 236C > Dashing 5C[8] > 2C > air ender

(5192, ~59+3)

236C GC > Dashing 214D > 2DD > 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > j.2C > 2DD > 214A > TK > Dashing 6A > 6C > 236C > Dashing 5C[8] > 2C > air ender

(4954, ~61+3)

236C GC > positioning > 214D > Dashing 2DD > 214A > TK > Dashing 6A > 6C > 236C > Dashing 5C[8] > 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > air ender

(4991, ~51+3)

236C GC > Dashing 214D > 2DD > 214A > 236C > 236D > Dashing 214D~C > Dashing 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > j.2C > 2DD > j.2C > dj.DD > dj.2DD > dj.214D

(5367, ~52+3)

236C GC > Dashing 214D~C > 214D > Dashing 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > j.2C > 2DD > 214A > TK > Dashing 6A > 6C > 236C > Dashing 5C[8] > 2C > air ender

(5599, ~63+3)

(midscreen to corner)

236C GC > positioning > 236D > Dashing 236C > Dashing 2C > TK > 5C[2] > 6C > 214D > 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > TK > 6DD > 2DD > air ender

(5579, ~61+3)

236C GC > Dashing 3C > 214A > 6C > 236C > 236D > Dashing 214D~C > Dashing 2DD > 4B[#2 only] > 2DD > TK > Dashing 6DD > 2DD > air ender

(5582, ~59+3)

I take this one back: GC > positioning > 236D > etc.

In terms of Heat and damage, it's better than the first one, but since it's an example that's listed from midscreen to corner, you might as well just do a Dashing 236C > 5C > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 214D after the GC. This video shows how you can connect that combo from various distances, as well as some variations if you mess up spacing or don't want to run too long and risk dropping the GC. For the most part, you can bring the opponent to the corner from a 236C GC by following up with a long run into 236C.

Non-dash 236D's do work from 214A > 236C, interestingly... I could only do it on Litchi from a 214D > 2DD > 214A > 236C, so I'm not sure about 3C > 214A.

About them being too low for a 236D from a 214A > 236C. Sometimes when 236C hits, that's the case. But when I do something like 3C > 214A > 236C, it actually eventually launches them too high, and a bit far away as well, so Lambda usually needs to do a Dashing 236D.

Some of the combo's and ideas aren't new, and some have been recorded before, but a lot of this was just to show the multitude of options that Tsukasa could've picked, especially considering how good his execution is. The main issue here, IMO, is the Heat Gain.

Thank you for the very thorough and informative post. The videos were especially helpful, and I saw a lot of routes that I didn't know existed. I'll definitely be studying this for a while.

Hmm... that was quite an impressive combo video. Most of the combos seemed optimal, if not a bit situational (Save for the ones that involved using TWO Calamity Swords one after the other. :arg:).

Though, I must ask, how do you come up with such genius? I wouldn't, in a million years, have even thought that most of those combos would work. :yaaay:

Hmm... that was quite an impressive combo video. Most of the combos seemed optimal, if not a bit situational (Save for the ones that involved using TWO Calamity Swords one after the other. :arg:).

Though, I must ask, how do you come up with such genius? I wouldn't, in a million years, have even thought that most of those combos would work. :yaaay:

Well, the combos weren't actually optimal. There were a number of places he could have increased the damage a bit, but it was a cool video nonetheless. Matches swd's style. I hope to actually see him pull them off in a conventional match though :)