KayEff

BlazBlue Question Thread - Ask your questions here!

Quick question - have you ever been hit with a customs fee for importing using FedEx? And if you have, how much was it? I got together with a group of friends, and we'll be ordering six copies of CP on the same order using FedEx as shipping, so I just want to prepare myself for any possibility - especially on an order as big as that.

I have never received a customs fee.

Quick question - have you ever been hit with a customs fee for importing using FedEx? And if you have, how much was it? I got together with a group of friends, and we'll be ordering six copies of CP on the same order using FedEx as shipping, so I just want to prepare myself for any possibility - especially on an order as big as that.

You might want to send the guys an e-mail for an invoice "modification" so it won't look shady. Usually the invoice attached to packages give people away in customs either because of the price of the product or the amount of products ordered (sometimes they treat it as a commercial purchase and tax you accordingly).

You might want to send the guys an e-mail for an invoice "modification" so it won't look shady. Usually the invoice attached to packages give people away in customs either because of the price of the product or the amount of products ordered (sometimes they treat it as a commercial purchase and tax you accordingly).

That's kind of what I'm worried about, since a lot of the stories I've been reading are from people who ordered an expensive amount of items at one time. How would I go about requesting an invoice "modification," though? Would that just be through Play-Asia customer service or what?

hi new member of dustloop,looking forward to meet you guys,anyway dunno if this is the right place to ask this but,how or where can i import the jap ver of CP and then play it on an NA PS3?

hi new member of dustloop,looking forward to meet you guys,anyway dunno if this is the right place to ask this but,how or where can i import the jap ver of CP and then play it on an NA PS3?

:eng101:

If you aren't looking for any special editions you can try AmiAmi or PlayAsia

If I buy the JP version of BBCP, will the trophies list be stuck in Japanese, even if later I buy the NA version later? My PS3 is set on english.

Depends if they have a English trophy set on PSN at the Japanese release (very unlikely). If not then it'll be Japanese trophy names on your account forever, even if you switch to the NA version later. Your console language at the first startup of a game determine what trophy language pack it installs on your account, but if the language on the console isn't available then it defaults to the games default trophies.

The trophy list will remain in Japanese until other languages are added [at launch of a new region].

You'll only have 1 list of trophies regardless if you buy both an import and a domestic release.

You'll only have 1 list of trophies regardless if you buy both an import and a domestic release.

False, that depends on game ID. There have been cases of multiple trophy sets on a single account because of different regions using different game ID's. I haven't seen it happen for a ASW title but its happen for others.

Only a company with poor regional communications would do that, I can't even remember the last time an import gave me the option...

Demon's Souls; could TRIPLE Platinum if you had the NA, JPN, and EU versions lol

Like after '11 no one should be doing that D:

Thanks for the replies.

Say if I got BBCP JP version in October and install the JP trophy pack...

From what Kurushii says, it sounds like the trophies will remain in Japanese, even after I install the NA version afterwards.

If thats the case I should create a dummie account to play the JP version with, since I'm picky and I'm planning to get the NA version for sure.

No, no.

Unless [as Kurushii mentioned] they file for 2 separate IDs [which Arc hasn't yet] there will only be one trophy set with multiple language options [as each region's game is released], until the English option is available, your set will remain in Japanese [as it will be the only option] but once the game hit NA shores the list will automatically update [without requiring you to buy/install the NA trophy data] and default to displaying in English [as that is your PS3's set preference].

It keeps memory of what language you had at the first install even though it wasnt available? I never seen a trophy language change after the first install.

If your PS3 is set to English it will default to that language upon availability, for example; I imported AH3 and had my trophies in Japanese, then fast forward X months later when the domestic release drops [which I NEVER purchased] and my trophies automatically transitioned to English.

All of my imports [with NA domestic releases] with trophies [boo Valkyria Chronicles ; -;] have done this.

Nice. Time to drop ~$200 on that famitsu dx pack. Something tells me Play Asia as high shipping cost =(.

There was conflicting information when I searched it on google so I thought I would ask the pros here who must import lots.

I import everything. I haven't bought a NA game since CSE and that was just to support Aksys. Yea the DX pack has some dumb shipping prices because of the wallscroll. I think my order came to $202 or so with FedEx.

N00bie question, so I apologize in advance...

After watching some EVO side streams, I really want to get into BlazBlue and start playing, but I see that I'm in a weird transition period. My question is should I pick up BBCSE for cheap to learn the game, system, etc... or put that money towards the JP release of BBCP and then ultimately get the US version down the road. Hoping the experienced community here can point me in the right direction.

Thank you!

I import everything. I haven't bought a NA game since CSE and that was just to support Aksys. Yea the DX pack has some dumb shipping prices because of the wallscroll. I think my order came to $202 or so with FedEx.

Geezus. I'm going with Nippon-Yassan. Not sure how reliable they are with preorders of such large packages, but we'll see. I'll take the gamble if it costs me $60 less, haha.

N00bie question, so I apologize in advance...

After watching some EVO side streams, I really want to get into BlazBlue and start playing, but I see that I'm in a weird transition period. My question is should I pick up BBCSE for cheap to learn the game, system, etc... or put that money towards the JP release of BBCP and then ultimately get the US version down the road. Hoping the experienced community here can point me in the right direction.

Thank you!

If you can get CSE for cheap enough (which you probably can, seeing as how even the LE is going for $15 nowadays), there's no real reason not to. While a lot of things are changing between CSE and CP, there's still a lot that's basically staying the same, as well. If nothing else, the way characters play (movement, spacing, normals, etc.) is pretty much unchanged, as are basic game mechanics like air dashes, barrier blocking, instant blocking, etc.

Not really going to comment on the idea of buying two copies of CP. I can't afford that (at least not if I want the LE), so I'm personally just going to get the JP LE and call it a day, haha.

Edited by Tari

Nippon Yassan is reliable from what I hear (for figures). Shipping will probably be cheaper. Shipping from Japan to NA seems to be cheaper than HK (play asia) to NA in general. I should PO from there instead too.

Geezus. I'm going with Nippon-Yassan. Not sure how reliable they are with preorders of such large packages, but we'll see. I'll take the gamble if it costs me $60 less, haha.

Not really going to comment on the idea of buying two copies of CP. I can't afford that (at least not if I want the LE), so I'm personally just going to get the JP LE and call it a day, haha.

00Bubbles00,

Having never bought an import fighting game, will it work with players in the US, any fundamentals differences I should be aware of? I assume all DLC would need to be Japan PSN purchased? Thanks in advance.

Yes it will work with NA [and EU] players, yes you will need a JPN PSN to redeem pre-order DLC/purchase DLC for that version of the game [this also means getting Yen cards] but the same itself can be played on any user on the system regardless of region settings.

Yes it will work with NA [and EU] players, yes you will need a JPN PSN to redeem pre-order DLC/purchase DLC for that version of the game [this also means getting Yen cards] but the same itself can be played on any user on the system regardless of region settings.

SolxBaiken,

Thank you for the information. It seems like the game has a lot of story and training mode options. Do you think that's something that's necessary, or can I put the pieces together online by being resourceful :)

Majority of the menus will be in Japanese (I plan on doing translation guides). Story will be entirely in Japanese. You'll still be able to play against other regions when their versions come out. Correct all DLC will need to be purchased under a Japanese account but you can play the game on any region account.