KayEff

BlazBlue Question Thread - Ask your questions here!

Here is a concept sketch of what the wall scroll looks like:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/30/blazblue-chrono-phantasma-limited-edition-comes-with-rachel-figurine-visual-book/

Here is a 25th anniversary arcade stick from ASW. Not sure where we can import this yet. I don't think I'm going to get another stick until a PS4 version comes out. Not sure how much usage time is left with the PS3 ones.

http://ebten.jp/p/7015013080501/?aid=fcn_bbcp

ahhh bubbles nice! Ive been dying for a peek at the wallscroll! yey noel!

This was just brought to my attention over in the Rachel forums by Rhapsody, but cdjapan is selling the normal LE for BBCP at ~$98 (with fedex shipping, it comes out to around $120).

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BLJS-10225

After seeing the prelim wallscroll art, I don't really have a must-have reason to get it, so I'm swapping my order from nippon-yasan to cdjapan for the $40 savings. ><

Edited by Tari

rofl! there are 3 left? lol ... Well Im sold on the wallscroll ... which I guess is costing me 40 bucks but I dont have anything like this so Im happy with it- gl to ppl reading Tari's post!

rofl! there are 3 left? lol ... Well Im sold on the wallscroll ... which I guess is costing me 40 bucks but I dont have anything like this so Im happy with it- gl to ppl reading Tari's post!

Yeah, I have the previous semi-transparent poster from the CSE LE, so I don't need another one. That one was also Ragna + Noel, iirc. I think it's still rolled up somewhere in my room, hahaha.

If that wallscroll was just the LE box art on a scroll, I'd probably get it. Or a poster of Ragna and Celica, or the six heroes, or pretty much anything more than just Ragna + Noel, since I've already got one. :(

edit: Actually, if it were the six heroes drawn like they are in those flashback/story sequences, I'd probably 100% get it.

Edited by Tari

I'm short on BB merchandise. I have none currently. The wall scroll design is nice. I'm happy that its not just the regular box cover art or promo art like so many game posters typically are.

Anyone getting the Mu-12 figure in September?

Yeah, I thought so. The reason I asked, though, is it seems people end their combos extremely early if they do 5A-5A-5A early in the combo, instead of fleshing it out for an (almost) complete combo.

And yeah, I was talking about actual proration, and not SMP.

Yeah, I thought so. The reason I asked, though, is it seems people end their combos extremely early if they do 5A-5A-5A early in the combo, instead of fleshing it out for an (almost) complete combo.

And yeah, I was talking about actual proration, and not SMP.

If I had to guess, I'd figure that it's:

A) Three jabs DOES take time, and a jab is a short starter already - so you're starting 360F down on your max duration already (Note: Max duration is sortof a lie since there are basically no moves with "Long" starting proration) and then you've wasted like another 30 frames of that doing some jabs.

B) After prorating with three jabs, the extra hits aren't going to do much damage anyway, so you might as well play it safe and not risk the combo dropping.

Yeah, but I figured you could cut out one segment of the combo, and get the oki and heat gain anyway. Three 5A's canceled into other moves afterward should only take a max of 20 frames, anyway.

Checking the wiki again, you should still have around four seconds (a lot more than it sounds) until the combo drops to the point where you have to do an ender or they WILL tech.

Edited by darkasjinksu§

I'm short on BB merchandise. I have none currently. The wall scroll design is nice. I'm happy that its not just the regular box cover art or promo art like so many game posters typically are.

Anyone getting the Mu-12 figure in September?

haha..HAHAHAAHAH

your funny for asking that...

Man, it sucks that nin-nin still has LE in stock, but it's around $150 with shipping. Blech.

Yo, so is the footage of Souji bodying America at NECXIII archived anywhere? Wanted to watch it again and couldnt find it anywhere.

Does anyone know how to get a Nesica card with blazblue designs? All I see available at the arcades in Japan are the plain stock cards.

Does anyone know how to get a Nesica card with blazblue designs? All I see available at the arcades in Japan are the plain stock cards.

I assume you are speaking of the BBCP promotional Nesica cards that were available around Izayoi's arcade release last year. One is Hazama and Izayoi, and the other is Ragna and Noel. They were available while supplies last. The odds of finding one in a Nesica card vending machine now-a-days is pretty slim. I don't see as many for auction as I use to. They have shot up to average around 3500-5000 yen a piece in auctions.

I assume you are speaking of the BBCP promotional Nesica cards that were available around Izayoi's arcade release last year. One is Hazama and Izayoi, and the other is Ragna and Noel. They were available while supplies last. The odds of finding one in a Nesica card vending machine now-a-days is pretty slim. I don't see as many for auction as I use to. They have shot up to average around 3500-5000 yen a piece in auctions.

Ah damn, I thought they're common to get. Are they mostly up on Yahoo auctions?

Hi this is my first time posting so im not sure if im in the right area, I've recently gotten Blazblue Continuum Shift extend on the psp to try out the game, and soon i'm going to try and get it on ps3 as well as a stick. I've never seriously played a 2d fighter and the only other fighting game i play is tekken so i have some good experience. Overall I've been able to get a basic grasp of the game, I can do some basic combos(up to around 8 or 9 of challenge mode with some characters).

My main concerns are things like movement, punishing and safely getting off the ground. I tend to freeze up when the AI starts attacking since i dont know how to interrupt or punish. I also tend to get hit allot after i tech roll(not sure if correct term).

Overall I'd like some tips on the basics while i brush up before i get it on ps3 and play people online.

Characters im trying to main are Lanbda-11, Hazama and Litchi so tips on then would also be great.

Hi this is my first time posting so im not sure if im in the right area, I've recently gotten Blazblue Continuum Shift extend on the psp to try out the game, and soon i'm going to try and get it on ps3 as well as a stick. I've never seriously played a 2d fighter and the only other fighting game i play is tekken so i have some good experience. Overall I've been able to get a basic grasp of the game, I can do some basic combos(up to around 8 or 9 of challenge mode with some characters).

My main concerns are things like movement, punishing and safely getting off the ground. I tend to freeze up when the AI starts attacking since i dont know how to interrupt or punish. I also tend to get hit allot after i tech roll(not sure if correct term).

Overall I'd like some tips on the basics while i brush up before i get it on ps3 and play people online.

Characters im trying to main are Lanbda-11, Hazama and Litchi so tips on then would also be great.

Well, I don't play any of those characters, but the best course of action I recommend is visiting each respective character's subforum and ask some questions.

Does anybody know any astral heat combos? >.>

I've only seen a Tsubaki one while watching replays of the top PSN players

There are plenty of characters that can combo into Astral in several different ways. I'll run through some easy or relevant ones here, but the Dustloop Wiki character pages usually tell you what moves can combo into Astral (Usually in the Astral Heat's description).

For Noel: You can AH after a drivechain 5C or 6B (start Noel's drive then do 5C/6B). Or you could just AH after a normal 6C in the corner. All of these require you to be juggling your opponent though.

For Tager: You can Spark Bolt into AH (found that one out the hard way). So you could do something like Throw > Spark > AH.

For Makoto: To add to what Horo said, you can also AH after lvl3 5D and 2D in the corner. Or just do BackThrow > AH

For Jin; He has an easy one...Throw > AH (Found this one out the hard way too...Always jump when Jin's portrait starts flashing; Those bastards LOVE to Throw > AH)

For Plat: Throw > AH (doesn't work in corner). Also whenever you bubble an opponent in a combo you can just jump up and AH them.

For Hazama: 3C or Command throw into Astral (Again...hard way).

Most people can Gold Burst into Astral too.

HAVE FUN KILLING PEOPLE!!!

Dark Ranger has given advice. The Makoto boards shouldn't be too far behind. :V

Edited by Dark Ranger88

Stuff

I believe Makoto may also be able to combo into her Astral off a 2D at either levels 1 or 2 if you time it right. I'm not too sure though.

Also just random 6C to astral for bang (works in the corner in extend as far as I remember)

Should work midscreen too; 6C doesn't push them that far back and his nail has range.

There is lots of information to know with each character for a single post. It's better if you go to the respective forums of each character, generally there are some beginner guides that tell you the pros and cons of each character. For example, Lambda is great at mid-long range and has good of pressure, but lacks too much in the defense department since she doesn't have very good reversals. So basically with her, stay away of the opponent range and attack him from the distance. Also, the people there knows their characters very well so they can give you good advices and tips for each character.

I think you started pretty good practicing and memorizing some combos, now comes one of the hardest part that is to apply what you learned without panicking in a match. About your concerns, again, they depend of the character you are using. For example, Lambda has great movement, she can run quite fast and has a good air dashes, Hazama on the other side has very bad movement for himself, so you have to rely mostly on his chains to move, to make mix ups and keep pressure. A general tip, when you are in the air/jumping keep in mind that there are lots of air unblockable moves, so is a good habit to defend with the barrier while you are off the ground. :)