KayEff

BlazBlue Question Thread - Ask your questions here!

How do you change the color of the square next to your psn name?

Kick sum ass for a hotter color. And get your ass kicked for a cooler color.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Kick sum ass for a hotter color. And get your ass kicked for a cooler color.

Is there a specific number of wins you have to get to jump to the next color? Or amount of wins in a row?

Isn't Ragna's just straight max range from the first active frame? You might be thinking of Jin's 5c.

It wasn't active at full range until like frame 13 in extend. The CP frame data doesn't say anything about it, but it doesn't say anything about anything for Jin's 5C either, so either they removed this concept entirely, or, more likely, the people doing the CP frame data just didn't note this kind of thing.

Individually speaking Ragna's 5b isn't THAT godlike, it's mostly because he has very good range on everything else too so he can actually take that into things. Compare that to a 5b like Izayoi's, which is actually way bigger albeit slightly slower, yet it's much worse because she lacks any other normals to follow up a max range 5b poke with. Hence why Ragna has the best 5b in the game even though there are characters with 5bs with better range and comparable startup.

Certainly, it doesn't -hurt- that he has other normals with comparable range, but when you are comparing 5Bs, the difference between 8 frames and 10 frames of startup is pretty vast. Yes, Izayoi is hurt by not being able to confirm her 5B at decent range, but that's a PROBLEM for her, rather than something especially good for Ragna, IMHO. Ragna's 5B is REALLY GOOD because of the speed, the space it covers, and yes, the followup options.

So i won 19 matches in a row in ranked yesterday, and the colored square next to my name still didn't change at all, is there something else i'm missing to get it to change or do i just have to win ALOT?

So i won 19 matches in a row in ranked yesterday, and the colored square next to my name still didn't change at all, is there something else i'm missing to get it to change or do i just have to win ALOT?

I dunno swd seems pretty convinced he's figured out how it works

I did the same. But i went from dark green to light green though. Are you a green square? If you are you might have, but didnt notice.

Mine went to red before I touched ranked. Just play and win in player matches and it'll change.

I didn't know what the colors meant until recently, so I thought it was a bad thing lol

I did the same. But i went from dark green to light green though. Are you a green square? If you are you might have, but didnt notice.

Mine is yellow, and still won't change ._.

Mine is yellow, and still won't change ._.

The only way it will change is if you fight people of the same square color. It will change no matter where you do it; player matches, arcade, ranked, whatever.

The only way it will change is if you fight people of the same square color. It will change no matter where you do it; player matches, arcade, ranked, whatever.

By that logic you would think it changes when you beat people of the same square color or a higher ranked color.

I've done that, and won multiple times against others that had a yellow square, idk maybe mine is glitched ._.

Noob question: Do the 2 frames for crouching and the 3 for fatal stack, or do you just get the 3 for fatal if you hit a croucher with it?

'Nother question regarding frames, whats the conversion to seconds? That is to say how many FPS is blazblue when not laggy?

Ah gotcha, thanks. also I don't believe FC stacks with crouching (as I dont know of any FC+crouching only combos), but a good way to confirm would be to try to append a confirm to a FC that would require the two extra frames.

Is there any truth to the rumors of Kokonoe being patched or banned at tournaments?

Is there any truth to the rumors of Kokonoe being patched or banned at tournaments?

Her being banned depends on the tournament but no one is doing that, and as for patching I believe there were no official announcements about such a thing happening.

I have kind of an odd question regarding gameplay, I've been trying to figure it out for a while. While blocking, is it possible to input the commands for an Astral Finish and still have it activate when input correctly? It might because of the character I play, but I was wondering if it would work for any character as long as their Astral is compatible given the type they have.

I only play Hazama, and a few times while blocking attacks I've input his commands and successfully performed the Astral, did it only occur and happen successfully because I got lucky with a short space of no blocking between the oncoming attack and the time I input the commands? Or can you actually input the commands for an Astral while blocking and still have it activate?

Edited by beanwich

If the opponent are doing a real blockstring then there will be no hole in which the astral could activate (you could possibly instant block to create one) but if there are any holes in the blockstring then yes you could activate an astral or anything else (but it would need to have startup invincibility or it will just be counter hit) like a DP.

If the opponent are doing a real blockstring then there will be no hole in which the astral could activate (you could possibly instant block to create one) but if there are any holes in the blockstring then yes you could activate an astral or anything else (but it would need to have startup invincibility or it will just be counter hit) like a DP.

I see, thank you.

Hey guys lately I have been seeing this awesome Hazama colour scheme but when I bought the dlc for it it wasn't there. So how do you get that colour scheme?

So is there pretty much no chance of Chrono Phantasma ever being released on an Xbox console? I know this question might be a little off topic, but is it Arc System Works not releasing their games on Xbox anymore? I mean, first this, then Guilty Gear, and now I have a creeping suspicion about the new Persona 4 Arena update. As a guy who bought both P4A and BlazBlue on Xbox 360, do I not a right to be a little pissed off by this?