KayEff

BlazBlue Question Thread - Ask your questions here!

I was watching the BBCP v1.1 Stream Clip in Kurushi's Channel and Kokonoe looks quite normal now, that's good. And Tsubaki is dealing good damage with 1 stock on counter (4.6k midscreen), did she was capable of doing that in BBCP 1.0?

Quick question, not sure if this was asked already but is there colors that could be unlocked in game, but not by buying them? Not dlc or the ones that can be bought using the fake money bb gives. In particular there seems to be a universal pallete that has chars with crimson hair and black with red detailed attire. I want that color but not sure what I need to do.

Quick question, not sure if this was asked already but is there colors that could be unlocked in game, but not by buying them? Not dlc or the ones that can be bought using the fake money bb gives. In particular there seems to be a universal pallete that has chars with crimson hair and black with red detailed attire. I want that color but not sure what I need to do.

I think what you want is the dlc color that came from a magazine

There aren't any colors that are unlocked without in-game or real money. What you're describing is the Famitsu DLC color; the only way to get it is to buy a copy of the issue it came with.

Digital copies of the issue are no longer available afaik, you need to find an unopened physical version of it

or someone who has it and wants to gameshare

Do they have the classic themes and stages for DLC? Cuz i thought i saw CP noel fighing on NOL

Can someone explain to me what the cons of quick rise are in this game? I had this mechanic constantly abused on me and it really threw me off cause I always forget it is a recovery option in this game, I can see what the benefits are but I have a harder time seeing why you wouldn't use it.

Can someone explain to me what the cons of quick rise are in this game? I had this mechanic constantly abused on me and it really threw me off cause I always forget it is a recovery option in this game, I can see what the benefits are but I have a harder time seeing why you wouldn't use it.

There's a slight period while you get up where you're vulnerable and can't block while normal neutral tech is fully invincible but slower. It's a risk of being reset traded for the higher get up speed. In a lot of situations quick get up is the best option though, for sure.

There's a slight period while you get up where you're vulnerable and can't block while normal neutral tech is fully invincible but slower. It's a risk of being reset traded for the higher get up speed. In a lot of situations quick get up is the best option though, for sure.

This might be an odd question to ask as a follow up, so if you know your opponent likes to quick rise, would you have to time your meaty attacks earlier to counter quick rise? I ran into a situation where I ran into quick rise 5A and lost and chance to oki cause of it.

This might be an odd question to ask as a follow up, so if you know your opponent likes to quick rise, would you have to time your meaty attacks earlier to counter quick rise? I ran into a situation where I ran into quick rise 5A and lost and chance to oki cause of it.

Correct, the timing of a quick getup punish is different to the timing of a neutral tech meaty (most of the time, some good oki tools such as Nu spinnyblade do both) so if you're doing something like a 2A to punish it you want to go quite a bit earlier than you would if you were to meaty it on neutral tech. Just be sure to not do the quick tech punish too soon since if that happens it'll be a bluebeat combo and then they can tech while in the air and away from your pressure. You need to figure out exactly how much time needs to pass for them to not count as being in a combo any more...or you can do 2A air tech resets if your char has such things. (since they tech in the air and pretty low to the ground, that's prime area for air unblockables to be used)

Edited by Dreiko

Greetings all.

So does anyone know of any method to get replay files off of the PS3 and e.g. onto an external drive?

I'd like to be able to keep some neat replays to watch later for reference, but I don't want them counting against the 100 replay limit.

Can replays be transferred to other drives, or will I just have to record them to .AVIs or something?

How do you unlock the good endings for characters in Arcade Mode?

Is only one ending per character in arcade mode

So I've been playing CP a while, and I've noticed that I'm not getting counter hits when I'm expecting them. The big offenders are peoples j.As but I feel like I could write those off as the recovery on those moves expiring, but in some weird instances like Bang's j.2C I know I'm hitting them while the move is still active, sometimes even on the move's startup of their move, and yet I'm not getting a counterhit. There's quite a few other moves out there that seem to be un-counterable as opposed to their extend counterparts, anyone got an explanation for me?

Is only one ending per character in arcade mode

Welcome to BlazBlue, where all the endings are depressing!

So I've been playing CP a while, and I've noticed that I'm not getting counter hits when I'm expecting them. The big offenders are peoples j.As but I feel like I could write those off as the recovery on those moves expiring, but in some weird instances like Bang's j.2C I know I'm hitting them while the move is still active, sometimes even on the move's startup of their move, and yet I'm not getting a counterhit. There's quite a few other moves out there that seem to be un-counterable as opposed to their extend counterparts, anyone got an explanation for me?

The frames where a move can be counter hit is different for every move. In the extend framedata there where a column for how many frames the move where in counter hit state but that column has been removed for some reason for the CP framedata.

In extend the general rule where that around halfway into the recovery it stopped being CH. But for some moves CH ended almost directly after active frames while for other CH extended until recovery ended. They probably made changes to these number but hard to tell exactly what when they are not in the published framedata anymore.

So a friend of mine is getting a PS3 so he can play the NA version BBCP, problem is he's going to get his pre-order copy way before he gets the PS3. He wants to know if the Terumi DLC code he's gonna get will have an expiration date, and if it does, approximately how long it will last for. Can anyone here give me the details?

So a friend of mine is getting a PS3 so he can play the NA version BBCP, problem is he's going to get his pre-order copy way before he gets the PS3. He wants to know if the Terumi DLC code he's gonna get will have an expiration date, and if it does, approximately how long it will last for. Can anyone here give me the details?

All dlc codes have an expiration date. Normally it's about a year. When they gets it just look at the paper it's printed on to see the date.

All dlc codes have an expiration date. Normally it's about a year. When they gets it just look at the paper it's printed on to see the date.

For further reference, the Terumi DLC code for the JP version of BBCP expires on 12/31/2014, so a little over a year after it was released.

Are the GG colors in CP?

Yes, the characters all still have their GG colors; they are unlocked in the Gallery.