KayEff

BlazBlue Question Thread - Ask your questions here!

Any reason as to why they did this?

How should I know, it be best to ask Aksys/ASW for something like this. I mean, it shoudn't be that hard to translate terms, lore, and stuff.

When is Terumi available in the PSN Store?

I just hope this isn't a typo or anything, but prepare to get kinda upset, from the press release for the launch of the US version (Either on Aksys main site page or the Official US BB:CP site under news.), somewhere it says...Yuuki Terumi will be available on May 27, 2014.

So yeah, I dunno what to think about that. And buyers/customers getting the Terumi DLC in retail copies if you're lucky to find the game with it (though says a sticker that mentions Free "Terumi" DLC). >_>

A question for other people who have Kagura: When I do his throws, the camera sorta...stutters when it follows the enemy up. It's not smooth like his other knockup moves, like say...6c. Is this just me, or has anyone else noticed?

This whole Terumi only available on 27 May 2014 thing really baffles me.

If they were trying to do some kind of Time Release thing like they originally did with Kokomoe in Japan I can maybe try to understand, but the Dude was a preorder incentive for the physical copy so there's no way he isn't SOMEHOW on the PSN y'know.(Besides, all these DLC characters are probably on the disc already and you just pay for access codes).

So Although unlikely, I hope its just a rumor and we can get him on April 1st...

Does anyone know if the 1.1 balance patch will be released the same day for both US and JP versions? I'm going to pick up the game soon and I figured I would go with the one getting the update first.

Does anyone know if the 1.1 balance patch will be released the same day for both US and JP versions? I'm going to pick up the game soon and I figured I would go with the one getting the update first.

Jp Vita gets it first. For PS3 so far it's looking like the same day. They have to get it pretty close or it'll be a mess for online modes since the world shares the same servers.

While I normally only like asking questions based on the topic I have one that needs to be asked. Not exclusivley about BlazBlue but Duslopp itself. A stupid question. How do I use the emoticon things of certain fighting game characters?

^There's an emoticon button on the text editor. When you click it, there's a row at the bottom and you can scroll through all of the available ones by clicking the arrows to the far left and right of the rows. 

BlazBlue Question: Regarding the online player profiles, I think I read that player profiles transfer some info between the JP and NA versions? What transfers over from each version? Just my win ratios? 

^There's an emoticon button on the text editor. When you click it, there's a row at the bottom and you can scroll through all of the available ones by clicking the arrows to the far left and right of the rows. 

BlazBlue Question: Regarding the online player profiles, I think I read that player profiles transfer some info between the JP and NA versions? What transfers over from each version? Just my win ratios? 

Thank you.

i was watching Blazblue on the latest tournements and it really caught my attention. i have never played a Blazblue game nor an anime game similar to BB. i do play and follow bunch of fightingsgames at competitive level like Tekken, DOA, UMVC3, SCV, MK9 and Injustice. 

so far i am really liking BB from what i am seeing on streams and youtube. I would like to get into this franchise and purchase Chrono Phantasma (gotta import it i guess because europa has no release date yet) but beforehand i have a few questions:

- how is the netcode for this game? i am living in germany so i am not sure how active the BB scene is in europe. i might have to play globally if i want some online matches.

- how does this game differ from the games i have listed above? how does the combosystem work (for example SF has links, Tekken is more like launch -> combo)? 

- is this game hard to get into? execution wise etc. 

thx beforehand!

i was watching Blazblue on the latest tournements and it really caught my attention. i have never played a Blazblue game nor an anime game similar to BB. i do play and follow bunch of fightingsgames at competitive level like Tekken, DOA, UMVC3, SCV, MK9 and Injustice. 

so far i am really liking BB from what i am seeing on streams and youtube. I would like to get into this franchise and purchase Chrono Phantasma (gotta import it i guess because europa has no release date yet) but beforehand i have a few questions:

- how is the netcode for this game? i am living in germany so i am not sure how active the BB scene is in europe. i might have to play globally if i want some online matches.

- how does this game differ from the games i have listed above? how does the combosystem work (for example SF has links, Tekken is more like launch -> combo)? 

thx beforehand!

-I don't personally know how big the scene is in Europe. There are some notable players over there, and I see tournaments and streams occasionally. Someone else could probably answer that question better.

-The netcode in BB is good, there is really only lag of you have slow internet (or play against someone with slow internet). I've had matches with people in France, Russia, and the UK with no problem (I'm in the Eastern United States). Just make sure you have decently good internet speeds and you'll do just fine.

- I don't know too much about the games you listed but I'll try to help. Most characters have a run, an airdash, and a double jump (plus you can block while in the air). Combos are chained together by canceling normals (although Hakumen and Azrael are link based). Combos are usually just basically strings of grounded normals that can be extended or launch based on other variables (crouching opponent, corner, meter, counter hit).

- The game is not tough execution wise, for the most part. There are some tough characters to learn like Litchi, Carl, Hazama or Izayoi, if you like a challenge. And there are also easy to use characters like Ragna, Jin, Platinum, and Makoto.

Jp Vita gets it first. For PS3 so far it's looking like the same day. They have to get it pretty close or it'll be a mess for online modes since the world shares the same servers. 

Didn't give them any trouble not to update GGX for months. It's the same servers but it doesn't send people in the exact same place depending on the version.

Didn't give them any trouble not to update GGX for months. It's the same servers but it doesn't send people in the exact same place depending on the version.

You mean GGXXAC+ and +R? GGX is a really old game. GGXXAC+ and +R have a really bare bones netplay mode. The entire Blazblue series has had a more advance network mode than what GGXXAC+ received.

thx beforehand!

If you want some infos about the german fighting game community check out this forum:

http://forum.hardedge.org/

The number of online players around Germany is quite ok

Given you have a decent connection you can play with almost all european players (except maybe the countries in the far east)

There also are some offline tournaments, ranbats and even a Dojo in NRW

The scene in EU is bigger and better than ever. While there aren't as many players as in US, you're guaranteed to get matches daily if you're online at the right time. I live in Finland GMT+2 and from 18 - 24 o'clock my time the lobbies have at least 5-20 players daily.

just preodered BBCP on the psn US store :)

now i am gonna acquire as much theory as i can before i get my hands on the game tomorrow! so far the chars i wanna main are noel and kokonoe (she is considered to be broke but i wont give a damn if some people call me a tier-whore because of her tier placing xD, i just really like her char design).

btw does anyone know if kokonoe will be available for me tomorrow? i preordered BBCP from the psn us store but the only preorder bonus that was displayed while purchasing it was a freaking ps3 theme...

i probably wont have much trouble starting with BB basics etc. but i would of course appreciate tips from veteran players how to get into BB and how to get started learning noel and kokonoe (do character guides/ tutorials exist for these two?)

thx beforehand :)

Actually, today, seems the dlc is out a bit early, lol. That also includes the Alter Memory stuff (paid / $4 each) and Magazine colors (Free) as well. (No Terumi though.)

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/blazblue-chrono-phantasma/cid=UP1024-NPUB31277_00-BBCPPS3000001000%3AADD-ONS

Wait, so does the Japanese version also get the magazine colors for free now?

From what I see on the JP PSN web store, nope, for now. >_>

But I also find it funny their DLC prices kinda inflated a little bit for some reason. >_>

who would be a character that is easy and fun to play. im coming from p4a and this is my first bb game. i hear jin but dont really want to play him. i play mitsuru if that helps anyone. i dont know much about the game yet and want someone who is easy to learn, not tough combos to preform, and half to be somewhat decent. they also half to be a blast to use. im starting out with ragna/litchi but 1. have trouble doing dp motion consistently and 2. litchi combos are taking a while to get used to. thx for the replies

In my opinion, I would say to look for a character you like (someone that catches your attention). BB has a rooster with very different mechanics. None of the chars are particularly easy too use, even the easiest of chars needs a lot of work, BB is considered difficult out there. So I would say that choose the character that you really like regardless difficulty, you will get used to it. From your description, maybe Noel? She's quite good, and her combos are really hype too.