KayEff

BlazBlue Question Thread - Ask your questions here!

My most difficult question thus far, how does one go about learning a new character? I personally have always just went to that characters challenge mode, but I'm not sure if this is the best way. The character in question I'm trying to learn (if it matters) is Nu-13

Personally I play the AI until I'm able to use pokes and such accordingly as well as working on hit confiring. I don't use this as a way to get better as much as I use it to learn spacing, since imo, that's the biggest change when switching characters. After I feel confident enough, I play that character against friends online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzUQ5FR7TQA This is a good place to start, it tells you a good way to go about learning new characters, its aimed at guilty gear but it should work for pretty much any fighting game with a training mode.

Also checking out the wiki or seeking for any tutorial or guide on the character in question can help a lot.

So Japan just got BBCP for the Vita. Is it available as a digital download as well? I think this page confirms it (http://www.jp.playstation.com/software/title/jp0036pcsg00180_00blazbluecp001000.html), but I can't find it on the store on my Vita. D:

Make sure your Vita is using a Japanese account. Just search for Blazblue.

Make sure your Vita is using a Japanese account. Just search for Blazblue.

Thank you!! I tried going through the alphabetized folders and only Extend was showing. xP

Well, you can look for the Vita digital version here in the JP PSN web store via link down below. (Like what Kurushii says, you need to be on your JP acct.) Also, limited time from 4/24-5/12, only in JP PSN store, Both Terumi and Kokonoe are 400Y.

Game: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/ja-jp/%E3%82%B2%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A0/blazblue-chronophantasma/cid=JP0036-PCSG00180_00-BLAZBLUECP001000

DLC: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/ja-jp/%E3%82%B2%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A0/blazblue-chronophantasma/cid=JP0036-PCSG00180_00-BLAZBLUECP001000%3AADD-ONS

Do we have any hard info about the color rank system? Things like number of wins and if there's a difference between a win and a loss? Do you get more in certain modes?

Do we have any hard info about the color rank system? Things like number of wins and if there's a difference between a win and a loss? Do you get more in certain modes?

I can only tell you my experience with it, once you change a color you get placed on a scale of wins vs. losses against your own color.

for instance Player "A" and "B" become yellow squares. Player "A" and "B" now must ether win 10 times to become orange or lose 10 times to become lime green.

Player "A" wins a match against player "B". Now player "A" can only have 9 wins or 11 losses before they change color, whereas player "B" must win 11 times or lose 9 times to change color.

That's how it's seemed to work in my experience, although I have no hard fact to back it up and I don't know the exact number of wins and losses needed to change, or it they are weighted in a 1:1 ratio, or what the cap of stored wins you can have as a pink are.

It can still be true even when someone has a ten game win streak:

For example: A player just turned yellow and now loses 5 times against another yellow player

After those matches he plays another yellow player and wins ten times in a row

After turning yellow: 10 wins to rank up, 10 loses to rank down

After playing the first player: 15 wins to rank up, 5 loses to rank down

After playing the second player: 5 wins to rank up, 15 loses to rank down

But yeah, if we could just get a statistic for how close we are to rank up or down

I used to play BB at the CS1/CS2 era. When I had look at BBCP I ended up with a re-worked Hakumen whose new combos don't appeal to me at all. I really liked his old corner juggles involving re-launches and airdash links, especially how strong they were against bursts, but that's apparently gone now.

I don't know anything about the new characters or the changes to the other old ones, but is there a character who feels more similar to GGAC Baiken/Slayer in terms of combo execution now? Link-oriented, preferably with airdashes and re-jump links in them. Alternatively someone who's just really good at baiting and punishing bursts mid-combo, if that even exists?

Azrael is pretty much a link-oriented character plus he has Slayers teleport dashes (backdash can get you out of pressure easily because of invul frames)

However his jumps and airdashes look like Order-Sols movement (low jump arc, medium airdash range)

Mid-combo burst baiting is possible for every char: Either you use 50 meter to rapid or you jump cancel a move to block instantly in the air

But since the bursts are faster now it really does not pay off to go for a burst bait

Yeah, I kindof submit that Hakumen's old "auto burst bait" combos were kindof stupid in that regard and that it's probably a good thing that your opponents don't have to learn the two places in each combo where it actually works for them to burst.  That may just be my opinion though.

Anyway, I too was going to chime in with Azrael, even though I kindof hate him, he seems to mostly fit the description there.  Not sure why you'd choose a character based on their combo mechanics, but if you want links, he's your guy.

Yeah, I kindof submit that Hakumen's old "auto burst bait" combos were kindof stupid in that regard and that it's probably a good thing that your opponents don't have to learn the two places in each combo where it actually works for them to burst.  That may just be my opinion though.

That still exists.

His burst punishes are just a lot weaker.

Apologies in advance if this information is readily available and I'm just too stupid to find it...

Have ASW confirmed a date for the release of the 1.1 console patch, or is it just set for some unspecified time in May?

Apologies in advance if this information is readily available and I'm just too stupid to find it...

Have ASW confirmed a date for the release of the 1.1 console patch, or is it just set for some unspecified time in May?

I believe the most recent we heard from a Mori interview was that they're aiming to release the patch sometime in "mid-May" to make the game tournament-ready for EVO.

Why wouldn't they? They're running USF4 and that patch is out after the BBCP patch.

Speaking of which, it's May in Japan now. 'Clock is ticking and I just want to get it over with, so I can practice my nerfed character and not wonder if what I'm doing is still legit.

Why wouldn't they? They're running USF4 and that patch is out after the BBCP patch.

Speaking of which, it's May in Japan now. 'Clock is ticking and I just want to get it over with, so I can practice my nerfed character and not wonder if what I'm doing is still legit.

I hope you understand that nobody pities you. :P

Well the Vita version (with 1.1 intact) is out in Japan, so I guess it's a matter of time.  Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth, but I think they're gonna drop 1.1 with the public release for Terumi in the US.  

I hope you understand that nobody pities you. :P

That's fine. Didn't mean to make it seem like I was looking for any. I'm less concerned about the nerfs themselves and more concerned about breaking out of old habits before Evo.

Isn't Kokonoe still considered S-Tier, according to this early 1.1 Arcadia tier list? You'll have to endure more claims of "fraudulent wins," I'm afraid.

Well the Vita version (with 1.1 intact) is out in Japan, so I guess it's a matter of time.

Does anyone who has the 1.1 Vita version know if the challenges are updated? I figure at least some of them will require some reworking with all these changes (and could be one of the reasons for the delay).

Isn't Kokonoe still considered S-Tier, according to this early 1.1 Arcadia tier list? You'll have to endure more claims of "fraudulent wins," I'm afraid.

Does anyone who has the 1.1 Vita version know if the challenges are updated? I figure at least some of them will require some reworking with all these changes (and could be one of the reasons for the delay).

Yes she is still S, and yes the challenges are updated in v1.1.