KayEff

BlazBlue Question Thread - Ask your questions here!

Overdrive cancel is activating overdrive during a move that can be overdrive cancelled. :P  (i.e. something like Tsubaki's 6B, hit, push ABCD.)  This reduces the duration of overdrive by half.

720A is 123698764123698764A.  Or some version thereof.

Hmmm I have a question about whiff punishing. When a character like Makoto or Ragna uses dash barrier to make someone whiff a poke, are you supposed to watch the opponent closely (to make sure they actually did a move) then dash in with 5B/2A? Or is it more of an instinctive thing, like you just input 66 > 4A+B > 66 > 5B and hope that your dash barrier was enough to get them to whiff a poke?

So I guess my basic question is: Do you read/yomi when whiff punishing, or do you react when whiff punishing.

I only ask this because (online at least) I'll make a person whiff something then just end up running into another attack because I took too long to dash in (because I was watching for the animation of their move instead of running in instinctively).

You react. Expect to lose some time/frames on your real reaction time when you play online though which is why people tend to act a lot more in anticipation online. 

You can still technically "whiff punish" if you attack in anticipation, but you're not actually waiting for them to whiff anything when you do that. It's just lucky that they happened to whiff a move at the time that your 5B/2A hit right after. That's more like fishing than it is punishing.

Greetings everyone.

Does anyone know if there's a way to keep more than 100 match replays, or to copy them onto another hard drive?

Now that the patch is ready and I'll be playing a lot more, I'll probably have a bunch of cool matches I'll want to save.

I really enjoy playing as Izayoi but I have a lot of issues inputting commands for her, (I use a controller) I was just wondering if anyone else is having this problem with another character? I really only have the problem with Izayoi but also have trouble with other characters 236236 DD being mistaken as 623623 and vice versa.

I guess the real question is, is it my controller, or is this common?

I really enjoy playing as Izayoi but I have a lot of issues inputting commands for her, (I use a controller) I was just wondering if anyone else is having this problem with another character? I really only have the problem with Izayoi but also have trouble with other characters 236236 DD being mistaken as 623623 and vice versa.

I guess the real question is, is it my controller, or is this common?

I don't play on pad but it can be an error on your end, though it is pretty common for Izayoi players to get 623C instead of the distortion drive.

Sorry for the double post, but I got a quick question. So when your watching replays, is it possible to turn off the players name? I got a few matches I want to record to get feedback on and don't want to show the player names for the sake of privacy and such.

Hey does anyone have a current tier list that most people agree on for 1.1?

You'll never find a tier list that "most people agree on." But the most recent, somewhat official list comes from Arcadia magazine (source) and looks like this:

S: Azrael, Kokonoe, Litchi

A: All other characters

B: Makoto

Sorry for the double post, but I got a quick question. So when your watching replays, is it possible to turn off the players name? I got a few matches I want to record to get feedback on and don't want to show the player names for the sake of privacy and such.

It's pretty common practice to just edit in a black bar over their name. This is pretty easy to do.

It's pretty common practice to just edit in a black bar over their name. This is pretty easy to do.

Ok I was just wondering if there was a way to do it in game, I'll probably do that the next time I record a match, I don't have any nice recording equipment so I'm probably gonna have to find a way to stabilize my footage and black out the names with an editor. 

Ok I was just wondering if there was a way to do it in game, I'll probably do that the next time I record a match, I don't have any nice recording equipment so I'm probably gonna have to find a way to stabilize my footage and black out the names with an editor. 

I probably should've mentioned that yeah, there's no way to. I just jumped straight to the solution most commonly used.

If I want to instant air dash off of a jump cancelable normal, generally how soon or late do you need to input that? Generally when I try to buffer instant air dash after the normal, generally I just see my character jump and not air dash.

I'm having a lot of trouble doing DPs in matches now due to the changes. It's pretty hard to not accidentally hit 1 when I'm under pressure doing the 623 command and end up doing a super instead. Any advice on getting used to the change?

You could think of it as walking forward then 23 button.

Just the change in mentality has helped me when I play characters with DPs, but my main is Relius and my sub is Tao, and they don't got DPs, so I'm not an expert on the problem.

If I want to instant air dash off of a jump cancelable normal, generally how soon or late do you need to input that? Generally when I try to buffer instant air dash after the normal, generally I just see my character jump and not air dash.

Well the instant J.A would start up is generally the cue I use. Different jump cancelable moves have different timings about them, so keep experimenting and you'll get it down.

If you're talking about what time you jump from the normal then you gotta wait until the end of the hitstop then you're golden I think.

Yeah, I definitely agree with the walk forward 23 mentality. I remember it helped me a lot when I stopped playing 2D for a while and my execution got really sloppy.

Well the instant J.A would start up is generally the cue I use. Different jump cancelable moves have different timings about them, so keep experimenting and you'll get it down.

If you're talking about what time you jump from the normal then you gotta wait until the end of the hitstop then you're golden I think.

Ah ok thanks, I'll try that out when I go and practice that.

Everyone thinks this is the final patch?

Capcom just gave Ultra Street Fighter 4 an update for the home console that's beyond the arcade release.

I for one am doubting it's final, but you never know.  Maybe they'll just piss everyone off by releasing BBCP2.

Kokonoe, Azreal, Litchi, and Rachel are at the top and Makoto's at the bottom.