KayEff

BlazBlue Question Thread - Ask your questions here!

Questions here.

Hello people, I'm new here, both dustloop and Blazeblue. Ive been rocking training mode to absurdity while practing two or three bnbs ive learned, and im at a loss as how to improve from here.

First some info, I'm playing Bang. I like his style and the number of silly tools, but im really bad at the neutral game or footsies or whatever its called. I can dash away but closing in always has me eat something to the face or has the opponent backstep out of my range. When i back step i eat some long range ice or gunshot or pole or elecetric shock and get pissed at my dumb cartwheel backstep, how do i go about improving this basic function of thr game?

More so, finding more information is difficult with these acronyms i dont know! What exactly is DP? A picture guide said dragon punch, as if that explained things, i lile to assume its Bang super crush mpve that pushed them away. The same guide that named DP also had the 623 command as a DP so... more information would be nice. Any other advice to help understand everything is appreciated.

lastly, any place I can find a general guide to how each fighter plays and how to um, not so much as counter them but to avoid playing into their hands, like being magnetized bu Tagger seems like a do not want to me, something to that effect.

Thanks for taking the time to read my absurd questions.

Questions here.

Hello people, I'm new here, both dustloop and Blazeblue. Ive been rocking training mode to absurdity while practing two or three bnbs ive learned, and im at a loss as how to improve from here.

First some info, I'm playing Bang. I like his style and the number of silly tools, but im really bad at the neutral game or footsies or whatever its called. I can dash away but closing in always has me eat something to the face or has the opponent backstep out of my range. When i back step i eat some long range ice or gunshot or pole or elecetric shock and get pissed at my dumb cartwheel backstep, how do i go about improving this basic function of thr game?

More so, finding more information is difficult with these acronyms i dont know! What exactly is DP? A picture guide said dragon punch, as if that explained things, i lile to assume its Bang super crush mpve that pushed them away. The same guide that named DP also had the 623 command as a DP so... more information would be nice. Any other advice to help understand everything is appreciated.

lastly, any place I can find a general guide to how each fighter plays and how to um, not so much as counter them but to avoid playing into their hands, like being magnetized bu Tagger seems like a do not want to me, something to that effect.

Thanks for taking the time to read my absurd questions.

I can't answer the Bang specifics cause I don't play the character, so you might want to go to the Bang boards and ask that and ask about the Tager match too. So for the your question on DP, it generally refers to Dragon Punch from Street Fighter terminology (aka Shoryuken), basically its a reversal move that uses those same inputs that either has invincible frames or high priority to deal to get out of pressure. DP can also just refer to the motion itself cause some moves use that motion but are not reversals in the same way I mentioned earlier. 

IF you really wanna learn Bang, it's time to do some Rocky Balboa film analyzing. Go to youtube, type in: "bbcp  Dora".

Dora is one of the best Bang players. You can learn a lot from watching his matches.

IF you really wanna learn Bang, it's time to do some Rocky Balboa film analyzing. Go to youtube, type in: "bbcp Dora".

Dora is one of the best Bang players. You can learn a lot from watching his matches.

unfortunately Im not at the level to properly learn from the video, altho i have been watching as ive heard this advice before.

I need general improvment advice, as ramming my face into matches is no longer showing improvment. Usually managing 1 win, then losing forever forward online.

General low level Bang advice:

Bang has more air options than most characters - meaning that he can double jump and still airdash (or airdash and still double jump, I believe). Though he cannot double jump twice.  Anyway, what this means is that you have strong air mobility relative to most characters.  Use this to your advantage. Airdash in, and then double jump to avoid anti-air attacks, or jump towards an opponent and then airdash past them to use j.4B.  You can also use C or D nails to cause your opponent to block while you dash in. 

Also, don't be afraid to just -walk- forward (though learning to dash forwards and cut it short with barrier guard is a valuable skill as well).  Bang's 5B isn't bad, and can be jump cancelled on block, so you can do 5B (Blocked > Instant Air Dash > j.4B for a crossup.

Mostly though, it sounds like you just need to play more matches and try to get a feel for where your attacks hit - this is something you can actually practice by playing Arcade Mode, or just by going to training mode and setting the dummy to CPU at a pretty high level (75+ - normally I suggest 100, but if that feels too hard, you can tone it down a little.).  This won't teach you how humans play, but it will help you learn how far your attacks reach and how to confirm into combos.

Anyone know if there's a way to spectate matches in a FFA player lobby?

Why don't they have the ability to rewind replays? I know replays are basically a match between CPUs using your memorized inputs, but it can't be THAT hard to implement a rewind feature. That would greatly help me analyze my replays because I wouldn't have to wait for the replay to finish and start it again to analyze a specific part of a match.

I agree, we've had rewind since like the 60s, this shouldn't be too difficult. I often like to go back and take a look at odd moments (like when moves trade or get you out of a situation you didnt think it would (generally just helpful things to know).

Also, what would be a good string to practice IBing on, and for what character? I can do it for almost only multi-hit moves, everything else is unreliable.

I have an admittedly stupid question.

What does Auto Stage and Auto music select actually do?

I admit I havent used it more than a handful of times, but if I had to guess I'd say it picks music and stages according to the characters in the match?

Or maybe that was just a coincidence on my end for the few matches I used it.

For offline play, it picks the stage and music of any of the two characters selected to battle. In online play, it always selects the stage and music of the 2nd player character. If there's a Vs. theme between the two characters picked, then that Vs. theme gets selected and the stage will be one of the two players in offline play, or it'll be the 2nd player character stage in online play.

I have an admittedly stupid question.

What does Auto Stage and Auto music select actually do?

I admit I havent used it more than a handful of times, but if I had to guess I'd say it picks music and stages according to the characters in the match?

Or maybe that was just a coincidence on my end for the few matches I used it.

This is correct; auto chooses the song/stage of the opposing character (ie Ragna's stage/song if you're fighting him, etc).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Command motion, then jump, then command input.  It should be one smooth motion.  Just don't do the command input too early or you'll still be on the ground.  So like if you want to Tiger Knee Hakumen's Tsubaki (j.214B), it would look like 2147B.

Assuming that the question is in reference to TK-ing (air) specials in particular, it is basically adding an upwards direction at the end of the input while on the ground, before or simultaneously with the button press. 7 or 9 are commonly used to TK quarter- or half-circle motions, e.g. 2369, 2147, 412369, etc.

Doing it quickly enough, the input for the special is still in the buffer when your character jumps, enabling the air special to come out when you finish the input. This method is more effective for getting them out low to the ground, compared to inputting the entire special motion after the jump.

Is there a good tutorial on defense and counters anywhere? I am new and most of the time I just can't seem to mount an offense because I get rush into blocking for most of the match. When I try to retaliate, I get countered and punished into oblivion. For the characters I use (makoto and tsubaki ) is their short range that big of a deal? For a beginner should I use someone with more range? Any suggestions about who I should consider trying? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

You can try Relius or Ragna or litchi if you want quick, long range pokes.

I personally recommend trying Relius, because I'm incredably biased, and when you have Ignis out you can start pressure easily and lockdown the opponent so well their only real chance to counter you is to DP, and that will only work if you don't see it coming.

Range isn't a huge deal for Tsubaki, but pressure is. For Makoto, you have to get them into your zone, which unless you're fighting another Makoto, means getting past their zone.

I found a couple informative videos on defense. It explains in depth the different blocks, barriers, knockdown recovery, etc. The application is hard, but at least I know it exists lol. Blazblue: Chrono Phantasma Barrier Blocking Infor…: http://youtu.be/pszyi3S3cxU

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hey guys

I was just wondering: how do you unlock the Clear Bonus CG for Score Attack in CP's Gallery? Already finished 2 courses with Bullet and was shown the Congratulation art but when I looked for it in the gallery, it was nowhere to be seen. Tried searching about this issue and found other people having the same problem. For a moment I thought maybe you had to finish Score Attack with numerous characters but that doesn't make sense since finishing a course in Abyss Mode gives you the art no problem. Not too sure if the same thing happens with Unlimited Mars since I am still yet to complete it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys

I was just wondering: how do you unlock the Clear Bonus CG for Score Attack in CP's Gallery? Already finished 2 courses with Bullet and was shown the Congratulation art but when I looked for it in the gallery, it was nowhere to be seen. Tried searching about this issue and found other people having the same problem. For a moment I thought maybe you had to finish Score Attack with numerous characters but that doesn't make sense since finishing a course in Abyss Mode gives you the art no problem. Not too sure if the same thing happens with Unlimited Mars since I am still yet to complete it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The same thing has happened to me, it seems to let you keep the Abyss Mode unlocked art in the Gallery, but not the Score Attack art, I couldn't find it either.

Maybe it's supposed to be that way? Maybe because Abyss is supposed to be harder and more survival-like, while Score Attack is mainly about trying to get as high a score as you can? I can't say for certain.

The same thing has happened to me, it seems to let you keep the Abyss Mode unlocked art in the Gallery, but not the Score Attack art, I couldn't find it either.

Maybe it's supposed to be that way? Maybe because Abyss is supposed to be harder and more survival-like, while Score Attack is mainly about trying to get as high a score as you can? I can't say for certain.

It definately is strange. Stranger still is the fact that I found the same Congratulation art in the gallery of a rip somebody did of the game (I believe it was SirRouzel). If we go by the way it was organised (with the Abyss art being in the exact same place and order as in the game), then the Congratulation Score Attack art should also be unlocked and found under Clear Bonus CG. Starting to suspect that our inablility to unlock it might the result of a glitch. I guess it's a mystery for the ages. But I would be grateful if somebody could confirm this. Would like to try and unlock 100% of the gallery but it seems almost impossible now.

It definately is strange. Stranger still is the fact that I found the same Congratulation art in the gallery of a rip somebody did of the game (I believe it was SirRouzel). If we go by the way it was organised (with the Abyss art being in the exact same place and order as in the game), then the Congratulation Score Attack art should also be unlocked and found under Clear Bonus CG. Starting to suspect that our inablility to unlock it might the result of a glitch. I guess it's a mystery for the ages. But I would be grateful if somebody could confirm this. Would like to try and unlock 100% of the gallery but it seems almost impossible now.

Well, at least if it's a glitch, they could fix it with a patch, but if if isn't a glitch, then I'm not sure what it is. We need answers!