KayEff

BlazBlue Question Thread - Ask your questions here!

It's about conditioning, instinct, and a bit of luck. See, unless you REALLY know your foe, you won't know exactly what they are going to do next.

Stagger pressure requires your knowledge of both the player and character, and also system mechanics. If one were to break down what each character with a DP in this game could do on defense, they'd have less than 10 options; 3 of which automatically go to normal, barrier, and instant block.

Staggering is more or less trying to get the foe to press a button, to have them not press a button at the right moment. It needs observation. With each jab thrown out the foe could be counting them to see how many you would do so they can choose exactly the right moment to counterattack. It's all about seeing when that moment is for them. You must confuse them on the visual and audio front as well.

That is more or less the mindset. To put it into simpler terms you're just stopping mashing and jumping. If the foe insists, the next time you get pressure you know exactly what to look for. And if they respect... Well you need to see if it's genuine. Some people can sniff out the attempt at a mixup and just dp out of it. This is where luck comes in. Honestly it's just how many options you and your character has in beating system mechanics. Makoto loses hard to barrier so she relies on staggers until she can get in a good read.

You're likely just not hitting the buttons simultaneously even though you think you are. There's not much to do about this other than work at it more. It's an inherent weakness of playing on a system with 2 less shoulder triggers.

Uh it's not really that

I can't even do a crush trigger

And the training mode output is correct and it still doesn't actually execute.

*edit*

I reluctantly decided to delete all data of bbcp on my vita and reinstalled it.

It works now.

Thanks for your advise anyway. :)

Uh it's not really that

I can't even do a crush trigger

And the training mode output is correct and it still doesn't actually execute.

*edit*

I reluctantly decided to delete all data of bbcp on my vita and reinstalled it.

It works now.

Thanks for your advise anyway. :)

Come to think of it...something kind of weird like this happened to me too. The stage Old Gate...that's unlocked from the start, right? I shouldn't have to do anything special to get that stage if I am correct.

...But for some reason I don't have the stage anymore...I remember picking it a good amount because I liked it. Then I took about a month break from BB and it's not there anymore???

I've gone through the stage select screen plenty of times, reading each name and looking at each picture carefully to make sure I am not missing it, but it simply isn't there. However, the stage IS still on my Japanese copy of the game...could that be it???

Nu did a lot of damage off of certain starters yeah, though she used to use CT a lot too. 3k isn't really a lot if you get hit by something that puts you in the air. CP2 seems to have overall higher damage for most chars.

So I'm thinking of getting Continuum Shift II extend for xbox, for playing on big screen. I can only play CP on Vita since I have no Play station three. Do general skill & combos transfer good between the games?

Extend and CP feel VERY different. Extend is considerably slower and characters do way more damage. I feel that you could still retain some skills from it though. Just know that certain characters got considerably reworked from EX to CP, like Hakumen, Valkenhayn, Jin, and Lambda/Nu to name a few.

I remember I had to relearn Valk like he was a brand new character. They changed everything down to some of his button layout T_T

Yes and no, the differences vary between characters. Extend is also slower paced than CP so it takes time to get used to.

For details look up the archived Extend threads in each character's sub-forum.

Hello guys, I dont see the collector pack alter memory on the PSN store JAP ? Because I want the color 22  :(

When I write "alter memory" on PSN search I don't see the collector...

Pease help will be appreciate

Hello guys, I dont see the collector pack alter memory on the PSN store JAP ? Because I want the color 22  :(

When I write "alter memory" on PSN search I don't see the collector...

Pease help will be appreciate

Actually, its not called "Alter Memory" pack, etc., etc., they are called Extra stage/BGM packs (or Special Set, as they call it in JP), but yeah, sorry to tell you, but these packs to buy them aren't available for purchase on the JP PSN store, and can only be accessable by buying the LE's of the Alter Memory anime brand new [which has DL codes inside them] (from Vol's 1-6), these packs can only be purchased digitally though from either the US or HK (En/Ch/Kr version) PS stores only. Though DLC is region locked, you have to have the same verison, as an example, like US/NA one to use it, sorry. >_>

So my friend and I were playing around with Training Mode with Bullet and Ragna and noticed something unusual: his combos (with Bullet) were triggering Ragna being vulnerable to Astral Heat after roughly 5.9k damage (at around 41% HP).  This, of course, doesn't check out with anything the math on the wiki says, or our research, and we tried it with several other combos, and other characters (Amane and Valkenhayn primarily), and they were all fairly consistently on some combos becoming vulnerable to Astral Heat at around 41% HP.  What gives?  Does anyone know what's going on here?

Evening.

I recently bought a fightstick and I've been relearning my execution and just getting a proper feel for it in general. I feel like I've got it...sorta.

The question, does anybody have a guide or pointers or hints as to how to properly train?

My biggest problem is my inability to even start a damned combo or properly defend against pressure.

Rather than specific character advice, I need general practice suggestions.

Aaaand you guys here are the only place I know to find such answers to my stupid questions.

Evening.

I recently bought a fightstick and I've been relearning my execution and just getting a proper feel for it in general. I feel like I've got it...sorta.

The question, does anybody have a guide or pointers or hints as to how to properly train?

My biggest problem is my inability to even start a damned combo or properly defend against pressure.

Rather than specific character advice, I need general practice suggestions.

Aaaand you guys here are the only place I know to find such answers to my stupid questions.

If you're having issues with combos, go look at the specific character forums for that information. When learning combos id recommend starting with something simple, don't worry about finding the most optimal routes now and just get something that does damage and leads to a knockdown. Actually landing hits is also going to require some character specific knowledge; you need to know what the general gameplan of your character is as well as what the best normals/specials are to use in neutral.

As for defending against pressure, be more patient. If you're just starting the game, understanding every characters offense will come with experience. If youre getting hit for trying to poke out, block more. If youre getting hit by mixups, block correctly or block less. If theyre constantly resetting their pressure, barrier block a lot and look for the gaps in their strings and jump/poke out. That's the general idea and wont work against every character/situation but its a good starting point. 

Any news on how version 2.0 is going to be implemented outside of the arcades? 

Thanks.

Nope, still nothing yet I could find...>_>

If you're having issues with combos, go look at the specific character forums for that information. When learning combos id recommend starting with something simple, don't worry about finding the most optimal routes now and just get something that does damage and leads to a knockdown. Actually landing hits is also going to require some character specific knowledge; you need to know what the general gameplan of your character is as well as what the best normals/specials are to use in neutral.

As for defending against pressure, be more patient. If you're just starting the game, understanding every characters offense will come with experience. If youre getting hit for trying to poke out, block more. If youre getting hit by mixups, block correctly or block less. If theyre constantly resetting their pressure, barrier block a lot and look for the gaps in their strings and jump/poke out. That's the general idea and wont work against every character/situation but its a good starting point.

Allow me to reword myself.

How can I reliably practice these things in training mode? I don't have a perfect net connection and find myself with limited time to play, so wish to make the most of my practice time.

How can I go about doing such?

Just play more. If you're having trouble with something specific, record that situation in training mode and see how you can beat it. Like if you're getting hit by a specific mixup, just record each of the options and see about how you can beat them. If you're having trouble with confirming combos, just practice blockstrings with the computer on random block/counter and do your best. If you're having trouble with neutral, watch the screen and don't autopilot for 10 years.

Anyone have tips of bait bursts and what to do against an opponent that's looking to bait one as well? I generally know the whole use jump cancelable normals and RC method of baiting but I'm looking for more of the lines of the thought process that goes into baiting one. A guy I play against locally a lot knows my burst patterns and with him playing a character like Azrael he pretty much baits one with 5B or Growler and I usually feel stupid about my decision. I can't seem to pick up on people's burst habits unless I set up a situation where I think they might burst oppose to looking at how they burst and think about why they bursted then. 

Ask the following. Which moves of mine are being bursted? Does the opponent wait till near death to burst or do they do so immediately? Do they like to burst moves that confirm large damage. When have they taken too much damage to consider a burst worthwhile? Are they only bursting stuff I have to rapid to block a burst?

Characters like Tager will be far more likely to burst you into a corner, than characters like Nu or Kokonoe who can gain advantage with distance.

I find that bursts are more probable when:

The opponent is being reset

The opponent is about to lost the entire match

The opponent just got their burst back.

The opponent's DP or long risky move got punished.

Hmm, I guess I need to think more while I play matches, rather then think about it after the match. I'll have to implement some of this thought process into the way I play. Thanks for that.