KayEff

BlazBlue Question Thread - Ask your questions here!

Hello, Altar is the best stage

So is there a way to check somebody's connection when you are in a room?  Not a fan when games play smoothly and then somebody comes and just turns the matches into a slideshow.

i hope they didnt abolish conn display in some culture related "its rude to check" ffxi mentality

Will BBCPEX have any bonuses for having a BBCP save data like they did with CS and CSX?

Will BBCPEX have any bonuses for having a BBCP save data like they did with CS and CSX?

I heard from some of the replies from the main news/gameplay thread that there's no save transfer, period (so yeah, gotta go throuh the entire game again...), but I heard DLC that you bought/installed from Vanilla CP unlocks from the gallery at the start without having to purchase in-game (correct me if I'm wrong for those that have it. >_>)

Does anyone know if a PS3 arcade stick will be compatible with the PS4 ver. of BBCP Extend? I apologize if the question is off topic, but I figured it was better to ask here then create a new thread.

I always thought it was since they are both sony products. But then I saw a PS4 arcade box listed "also compatible with ps3". so I don't kno if my current one will work for next gen, sry.

As far as I know, PS4 sticks work with PS4/PS3 but PS3 only work with PS4

I'd be very happy to be proven wrong though.

so what your sayin so far is:

> PS4=PS3/PS4

> PS3=PS3

X PS3=PS4

I got the English version apparently a bit early, so if people need me to confirm anything I can give it a whirl.

Definitely no train while waiting for opponents in player match? :P

Going to slowly update this with stuff as I play. Working through the Remix Heart stuff first (fair warning, I have no knowledge about any of this stuff)

First off, nothing is carried over from the first game, including story completion status. There are separate tabs for Anthrology story and Gag endings (gag endings have to be unlocked). Kokonoe and Terumi are unlocked even if you never had them in the first game.

Remix Heart names:

Mai Natsume/Hazuki

Kajun Faycott

Ceclia's Astral English name: Atout Rilettes

Does the english limited edition of BBCPEX have anything cool in it like the cell phone straps? I know the jap version was supposed to though wasn't sure if we did.

As long as I know there isn't any LE for the west. Not even store exclusive things. I think that is the first time that a BlazBlue game hasn't received a limited edition in the US market.

As long as I know there isn't any LE for the west. Not even store exclusive things. I think that is the first time that a BlazBlue game hasn't received a limited edition in the US market.

Actually, vanilla Continnum Shift was the first to not get an LE stateside, and CP:Extend will be the second.

So yeah, theres no LE or any pre-order stuff for CP:Extend this time around (stateside).

How is the scene for BB? 

Is it about the same size as GGXRD right now (seems pretty small compared to when I was playing AC)?

Looking to get into it, but curious as to whether the scene is growing or shrinking.

thanks!

It is painful to say, but the scene in Europe is shrinking since the release of GGXRD. Today is the release of the game in English and hardly anyone is online and in our local forums the discussions are dead since two months.

I don't know how big the scenes in the US are, but I think there aren't as big as the GG ones. You can even see it on tournaments around the world (except Japan): Nearly everyone has Guilty Gear Xrd as a main game, but BlazBlue? You'll be lucky if they have it at least as a side game.

I know I'm gonna add fuel to the flames with this question, but it intrigues me why is there such big difference between the size of both communities. Is it because GG was before BB? Is it because of the system? Or the characters? Or something different, like the marketing or, excuse me, the age of the community? Again, I apologise if this question starts something which could end very ugly.

PS: But you should not pass on BlazBlue if you like it. I think the community will grow much bigger when BB4 is released. The current situation is mainly because the newest update costs about 35$ and contains hardly any new content, which does not justifies the price of it for the majority of players.

I have a general question. Mechanic mostly
I play Tao, and she has combo with a reset opportunities through mix-up.
And there is a player, which i cant mix-up properly. While he is in blockstun he buffers DP, so as soon as i try to reset him, i got DP`ed
I tryed counering it, stopping, barriering, and very very rarely i bait his DP this way, but he also just doesnt do DP and makes blockstring to me instead.

Sometimes i face people, that seem have somekind of OS lol, literally. Like block\mash 5A OS. Cause every time there is a hole before reset, they mash.
I am forced to frametrap (cause it works best of all against such people) them but output damage from such combos is very small i just cant apply mix-ups lol.

When i watch JP videos from casuals or tournament, i dont see mashing or DP at all. OK, maybe 1-2 times, and it was Hakumen`s Distortion
But really, they just try to block, they respect, they are being mixed-up -> Tao wins.

But what i face in real games - its just complete opposite. It`s annoying
How can i deal with this mashing or DP abuse? How can i force them to respect?

Safejumps in general are good countermeasures. Also you can kill their DP buffering if you cross-over before your attack. I think Tao is capable of both of these. then all else fails just tick throw them and they'll get TRM'd I think.

Try putting a little 665C>94A+B>2B or 4D in your mix-up here and there when you suspect funny business. worst that'll happen is you get pressured. Remember that your reward for baiting a DP properly is much higher than theirs is for DPing you most times, and get inventive; Stuff like baiting a DP with a lower HP OD can lead to 8K for a lot of characters.

I would suggest looking at your replays (if you're playing online).

For them DPing you out of your blockstrings...a lot of the time they are keying in on a certain move you do. Usually it is a very obvious or a very slow move. If you notice that this is the case, then you can stop your blockstring right after that move and bait the DP.

If they are buffering DP during your combos then I would also go and look at your replays to find out the most common point where people DP your resets. Then just simply stop attacking at that point instead of going for a reset, in order to bait the DP.

Moves that work for baiting DPs let you recover before the DP goes active. So for Ragna's DP, you could bait it after moves that are -8 on block or better (I would consult the frame data to find out which moves you could use). You could also use a jump cancelable move to IAD back and dodge the DP or do a special that does the same thing. You might want to take this to the Taokaka forum and ask there. They might have some specific things that Tao can do to bait DPs.

Edit: Also the guy you mentioned might be reading you like a book and only DPing when he thinks you won't try to block it. 

He's probably DPing the first time you start pressure, then banking on the fact that you will try to bait the next time and just starting his own pressure.

It is painful to say, but the scene in Europe is shrinking since the release of GGXRD. Today is the release of the game in English and hardly anyone is online and in our local forums the discussions are dead since two months.

I don't know how big the scenes in the US are, but I think there aren't as big as the GG ones. You can even see it on tournaments around the world (except Japan): Nearly everyone has Guilty Gear Xrd as a main game, but BlazBlue? You'll be lucky if they have it at least as a side game.

I know I'm gonna add fuel to the flames with this question, but it intrigues me why is there such big difference between the size of both communities. Is it because GG was before BB? Is it because of the system? Or the characters? Or something different, like the marketing or, excuse me, the age of the community? Again, I apologise if this question starts something which could end very ugly.

PS: But you should not pass on BlazBlue if you like it. I think the community will grow much bigger when BB4 is released. The current situation is mainly because the newest update costs about 35$ and contains hardly any new content, which does not justifies the price of it for the majority of players.

What is BB4? Is that BBCPE, the new one that just came out today?

edit: for the states, looks like Europe always gets delayed releases

What is BB4? Is that BBCPE, the new one that just came out today?

edit: for the states, looks like Europe always gets delayed releases

With BB4 I am referring to the next main chapter of the BlazBlue series. "Extend" and numbered games are enhancements.

Calamity Trigger = 1; Continuum Shift = 2; Chrono Phantasma = 3; Next BlazBlue (which is not an enhancement) = 4