KayEff

BlazBlue Question Thread - Ask your questions here!

Can someone with the NA new release confirm if the library mode is present in the game or not? And tell me if you got a hard copy or digital. I'd like to know which kind I should get before I buy. I plan to get it for the ps3.

Can someone with the NA new release confirm if the library mode is present in the game or not? And tell me if you got a hard copy or digital. I'd like to know which kind I should get before I buy. I plan to get it for the ps3.

Yes indeed, this was already mentioned somewhere when the X1 JP digital release had a seperate English digital version that had Library mode included. Also, Aksys's tweet for proof.

So has anyone figured out if ps3 sticks work with the ps4 version? I know ps3 sticks work on ps4s but it varies depending on the games.

NOPE you will need to get a ps4 stick if you plan on using one for BBCPEX on ps4

Been reading this article which states:

http://www.lazygamer.net/24/why-evo-2015-is-dropping-several-big-games-this-year/

"But that’s also because BlazBlue’s latest update has sent fans away in droves, hence the exclusion of that particular game from the roster." 

What's this about? The article is about 6 months old, but are they referring to the CPE update? and why would fans not like it?

Near the beginning of 2.0, people were complaining about the balance of the game and the decision to only include one new character. As a whole, the balance patch wasn't received very well, as consequence it was taken away as a main game from EVO too. Not sure how people feel about it now though.

Near the beginning of 2.0, people were complaining about the balance of the game and the decision to only include one new character. As a whole, the balance patch wasn't received very well, as consequence it was taken away as a main game from EVO too. Not sure how people feel about it now though.

Ah, thanks! Makes sense. What version is the current game now (I am asuming BBCPE)?

Does the NA version of CPEX have crossplay with the JP version?

Cross-play, and cross-region, Yes! :kitty:

I finally  got BBCPE yesterday and I was delighted to find a rematch button in the vs mode (I had forgotten about it)

There is however one thing that I can't work out:

When you select random stage and music and then push rematch after the game is over, the match will be held with the same music, and in the same stage as before (hence, you're stuck with the initial random picks)

However, out of mere chance, there were some instances where by mashing buttons,we were able to rematch on a randomly selected stage/music

I'm pretty sure it is also possible in P4AU (again, we got it randomly quite few times) but I CAN'T find out exactly how we did it. Are we delusional? :psyduck: Has anyone dug into this? Thanks

Is the frame data of bbcpex done yet? I mean description and all? I need to study hard.

Sent from my 5560S using Tapatalk

Hotter the color; better the player

Sent from my 5560S using Tapatalk

I've been trying to use Makoto and having serious issues. Can someone explain this to me? Pretty much every time my opponent blocks any one of my attacks, I get punished. Pretty much any time I block an opponents attacks, I get punished. Supposedly bottom tier Terumi keeps me in block strings for days. I press B, too slow. A, not enough reach. I can't do anything outside point blank range. Orb and BBS are useless now. I don't understand how this is the good Makoto. Tell me what I should be doing.

I'm watching this set between Lich and SKD and at about 30:12 Lich seems to land counterhit 236C.  Can someone explain to me what happened?  Did SKD try to reversal or something after blocking Relius 3C  (which looked like it was delayed slightly and not part of the blockstring)?  I'm trying to understand the situation.  Thanks if anyone can answer.

The set: http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby/v/6933749

Interesting, but how did Lich KNOW that was going to happen and react so fast?  The fact that he immediately RCs the 236C leads me to believe that he might have been planning to do that even if SKD blocked it so he could continue pressure and just was able to confirm it off coincidence.  I know his reactions are really good, but it doesn't seem humanly possible to me to immediately react to a input like that.  I'm probably wrong though.

Are they going to fix that strange glitch where if you have one character at a certain ranking, it displays rankings for every character?

Shit, I got Ragnar as my top rank characters.... When I only played hazama.

Interesting, but how did Lich KNOW that was going to happen and react so fast?  The fact that he immediately RCs the 236C leads me to believe that he might have been planning to do that even if SKD blocked it so he could continue pressure and just was able to confirm it off coincidence.  I know his reactions are really good, but it doesn't seem humanly possible to me to immediately react to a input like that.  I'm probably wrong though.

Seems to me like it was more of a ghetto frame trap to me, mixed in with knowing some of SKD's habits/general knowledge.  There aren't many options out of 3C (especially since you can no longer jump cancel it [screw you Arc]), and I believe SKD either thought he had a free punish as 3C is negative on block, or thought Lich was going to summon/unsummon (haven't seen the match yet).  Lich probably went for a what-the-hell type of frame trap guessing (correctly) that SKD would go for the punish and having 50 meter knowing he could call it out safely. 

That's just my 2 cents though.  Gotta love Relius' American frame traps......

I'm just goint to assume it's one of those quirky moments that comes up when two players have fought each other a lot and are familiar with each others' habits, because I have no idea what else it would be.

Very likely just an unsafe frame trap made safe due to both having the meter and general unexpectedness. Relius doesn't really need to rapid cancel at all, and neither does he use 236c outside of combos except in very rare situations where you KNOW it will hit, or you have the meter. Worth it on hit yes but it is a gamble that costs resources.

I don't think the main reason was that these guys knew each other well, though that does play a big part as well: moreso that this is just an option relies has, after enough conditioning, because it can be made entirely safe with heat and the general loss of an important resource is precisely why no one would expect it the first time.

Either way both you and stylish are correct.

Stuff

This should probably be in the Makoto forums, but I'll try to answer it quickly here anyways. I'm going to need some feedback from you though, in order to give you good answers.

Pretty much every time my opponent blocks any one of my attacks, I get punished.

Most of Makoto's attacks are actually safe on block. What moves are you ending blockstrings in that get you punished usually? The only truly punishable moves (off the top of my head) are: 5D lvl 3,  2D lvl3,  214A~C~A,  214A~C~B,  236D, and j.2C. Anything else is either unpunishable or cancels into something safe. You might also be getting DP'd out of 5CC > 6B. Lots of people will call this out, so you have to bait occasionally (by blocking, because 5CC is only -3). 

Also, what are your goals during a blockstring? Dash reset pressure off of quick normals? Reset pressure with plus moves? Go for high/low or throw/strike mixup ASAP? Punish mashers hard? Think about what makes you most comfortable, then find a setup of moves and specials that allows you to do that. I'll try to help if you have any further questions.

Pretty much any time I block an opponents attacks, I get punished. Supposedly bottom tier Terumi keeps me in block strings for days. I press B, too slow. A, not enough reach. I can't do anything outside point blank range.

Short range has always been a problem for the squirrel. Yes trying to hit 5B during people's strings will get you decked most of the time, because slow. If you feel like you can mash them out of something, but they are too far away for 2A to work...you can always up+back or up+forward just to escape to neutral. Barrier can also help a lot here. But honestly how to respond to pressure is dealt with on a character-to-character and player-to-player basis. What buttons are this Terumi hitting to keep you in pressure all day?

Orb and BBS are useless now.

BBS has been useless since CSEX. Orb has always been useless in neutral, but orb oki still exists even though it is more difficult to execute. See here: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26181674

I don't understand how this is the good Makoto.

She really hasn't changed much outside of losing perfect oki in the corner (I loved that by the way). You just get much more damage off of confirms now. 4.1k meterless off 5B in the corner. 3.7k meterless off of 2B in the corner. 3.5k meterless off of 6B in the corner. 3.9k meterless off of a corner throw. (Super ender does 1100 damage, OD super ender does 1500 damage. You do the math.) This is mostly thanks to 2C not having repeat proration anymore.