KayEff

BlazBlue Question Thread - Ask your questions here!

I finally got BBCPE yesterday and I was delighted to find a rematch button in the vs mode (I had forgotten about it)

There is however one thing that I can't work out:

When you select random stage and music and then push rematch after the game is over, the match will be held with the same music, and in the same stage as before (hence, you're stuck with the initial random picks)

However, out of mere chance, there were some instances where by mashing buttons,we were able to rematch on a randomly selected stage/music

I'm pretty sure it is also possible in P4AU (again, we got it randomly quite few times) but I CAN'T find out exactly how we did it. Are we delusional? :psyduck: Has anyone dug into this? Thanks

Never saw that happen before. Was always stuck with same stage/music but... Interesting.

Maybe it's kinda like how Smash Bros Melee had hidden alternate music tracks for holding various button (Obviously random select isn't a secret) but random selects again for whatever was highlighted for random or it's just an accidental thing.

I'll play around with that though and try to make random select select random again using the rematch button.

I think it just may be rare for it to randomize and it has nothing to do with button inputs though.

Unlike selecting random select for characters, the stage/BGM is always set to random likely when you select random. Random select randomly selects a character but gives you a permanent character to use until you go back to character select.

My idea is that it IS random select at all times but the match reloads fast enough (since it's a rematch, it reloads all assets used previously immediately since they technically are probably loaded up) before it can continue shuffling through stage data and it's a rare occurrence where it can shuffle to a new stage.

Obviously, just an idea.

I'll definitely experiment with this though. Thank you for sharing!

Can someone give me some general advice on how to deal with Nu in neutral and how to deal with her when your defending?

I play Ragna and this matchup is a nightmare for me because I can lose the entire game by just getting pushed out once. I have no idea when or how to close space so that I can get on her and when I'm blocking, I get obliterated. I get blown up by 4D and Sickle Storm in particular, and teleport mixups kill me, too.

a lot of stuff

Ok, well thanks for giving me some sense of the many thing I'm doing wrong. Definitely using all the wrong moves on block. BBS as a punish in a round ending situation is super hard wired into me, in spite of not having used Makoto that much in CS/2, if I can't get over that soon I have to drop her. It's tendency to lose to virtually everything is maddening. It'd be better if they just got rid of it. Wouldn't be tempted to use it. 

Can someone give me some general advice on how to deal with Nu in neutral and how to deal with her when your defending?

I play Ragna and this matchup is a nightmare for me because I can lose the entire game by just getting pushed out once. I have no idea when or how to close space so that I can get on her and when I'm blocking, I get obliterated. I get blown up by 4D and Sickle Storm in particular, and teleport mixups kill me, too.

that's really the name of the game with her, one of the things you can keep in mind is that she has to commit (for the most part) on what D normal she is going to use so something like "Nu does 5D > Ragna IAD J.C over it and hit her, or Nu does air D normal > Ragna runs under it". stuff like that

Ragna has pretty standard mobility and a fast run speed so you can super jump air dash over stuff in neutral and what not.

her 4D isn't super fast of an overhead so you can react to it. also her teleport mixup is reaallly garbage, you can mash her out of it (2A/2B) and kill her for it. 

My BB knowledge level is average at best, but as a Nu player I can offer some advice.

In the same way you lose if she keeps you out, if you get in once you can win the match right there.  If I make a mistake and let you in, I'm expecting to have to Counterassault to get out.  I don't know how effective baiting Counterassault is in this game - do some homework.  Her only reversal hits outside of sweep range and no closer.

She doesn't really have "teleport mixups."  The teleport can only be done as a followup to certain moves and she can't do anything to cover her recovery (or even enable a mixup).  The animation is very obvious and she doesn't really have too many options she can opt for in those situations.  Be knowledegeable of the spacing where she can be threatening with the teleport - there's only one set of spacings for each teleport option.

Regarding Sickle Storm and 4D, you have to understand how her cancel and chain routes work.  If she does 4D, the only thing she can do is special cancel or chain (if you're grounded, her only chain option is 5D).  4D is blockable on reaction, so you need to block low and react to the high.  This is doubly true if you're standing at the range where 236D~C is actually summoned.  If she summons Sickle Storm anywhere where it doesn't hit you immediately, it should never be threatening to you, either because there's no reason for you to get hit or there's plenty of time for you to block on reaction.  If you see 4D, you can also just run forward.  As Crossfire mentioned, she is functionally restricted to reacting with Drive; making reads with it is risky at best.  Drives have lengthy whiff animations and you can easily claim half of the screen space for her mistake, if not outright punish her.  If she cancels Drive into Spike Chaser, it either controls a limited portion of the screen (214D) or has an extreme amount of startup (214[D]).  The actual difficulty in this series of events (in my opinion) comes into play when Nu chooses to do (or not do) Gravity.  If she spends Gravity in neutral, her combo options are more limited for a period of time and her pressure strings are more straightforward.

Sickle Storm and Spike Chaser both end Nu's "turn."  If you block either of those specials, she now has to make a read, or trade screen space (but you have to take it yourself!) in order to remain aggressive.

Ok, well thanks for giving me some sense of the many thing I'm doing wrong. Definitely using all the wrong moves on block. BBS as a punish in a round ending situation is super hard wired into me, in spite of not having used Makoto that much in CS/2, if I can't get over that soon I have to drop her. It's tendency to lose to virtually everything is maddening. It'd be better if they just got rid of it. Wouldn't be tempted to use it.

I'd love to help you and talk Makoto, just PM me. Especially tell me what blockstrings you're doing and what you get punished for.

Now there ARE some things that BBS can punish. The most notable is Hazama's chain, along with certain other projectiles.

If you see a Haz  throw out a chain and you BBS most of the times he will get hit by it for 2500 damage. Something hilarious happens if you get the BBS input right before the chain is about to hit you in the face though. BBS has no invuln and doesn't startup immediately after the superflash, so his chain SHOULD counter hit you out of BBS if he just lets it keep flying. However, every Hazama I've ever encountered will panic and press a button during the superfreeze...then get obliterated while doing their followup. (or perhaps they are pressing A or D in anticipation of the chain hitting me?)

Thanks for the offer, but I think my biggest problem is trying to adjust to a character who can't just throw out sword of decimation and get out of pressure for free. And before somebody tells me that move wasn't safe: I have no idea what the frames are, but I can't remember ever having been punished in the past for it. Granted, CS when it was new vs "I'm in Japan playing CPEX when it's 3 months old and older in arcades" is a factor that probably doesn't help. I don't actually know blockstrings, usually by the time I notice they're blocking, I've already started to command dash in, and I just figure "oh uh, well the low is pretty unreactable online, I have a 50/50 chance of winning this". Or maybe I RC, usually bad players won't call it out, but it's kind of obvious if you're paying attention.

I feel like Izayoi seems kind of neat this time around, but I don't understand her, and I don't have any sense of what her combos are. I went into lobby match, and fought some random Terumi, and felt way more confident against him than with Makoto just by virtue of having a projectile. It's like, oh, he has to come to ME, that simplifies things greatly. Won several matches in spite of forgetting her commands several times. Meant to do her install super, and instead did a full screen astral whiff, lol. I need more free time, going from years of having 0 responsibilities to having a full time job is so awkward. 

Oh, I guess the "block string" I spoke of with Terumi is just that thing every single Terumi does, with the move that looks like it should be an overhead but isn't, and his down + D, and if I hit a button after it I lose. I guess it's easy enough to get out of, but with Makoto it's like, "Ok, I'm out. Now we're basically back to square one, but I have less barrier."

So i realized my keychain did not come with my pre order bonuse. What the hell?

So i realized my keychain did not come with my pre order bonuse. What the hell?

Do you mean you never received a keychain with your pre-order? Which one did you order, the Xbox One, PS3 or PS4 version?

If I remember correctly, the Xbox One version pre-order bonus keychain was Mai, PS3 was Noel, and PS4 was Celica.

Ps3... for noel. But there was a problem with shipping so Gamestop didnt do it... is thats where i fuked up?

Ps3... for noel. But there was a problem with shipping so Gamestop didnt do it... is thats where i fuked up?

Sorry to dissapoint you, but the US release of CP: Extend doesn't have any pre-order bonuses, you're confusing it with the JP release that did give out the keychains of said characters.

So i just finished the main story of CPEX that ended with rags speaking japs followed by "tbc" and it said i have unlocked somthing secretive in gallery.... what the hell was it?

Sorry to dissapoint you, but the US release of CP: Extend doesn't have any pre-order bonuses, you're confusing it with the JP release that did give out the keychains of said characters.

Son of a bitch.... and i was looking forward to it.

So i just finished the main story of CPEX that ended with rags speaking japs followed by "tbc" and it said i have unlocked somthing secretive in gallery.... what the hell was it?

Son of a bitch.... and i was looking forward to it.

Was the Ragna part the little animated video where he wakes up confused in the white space, then he sees the cauldron-looking thing floating in the sky? Not sure what this "secretive" item is though, it might just be some voices you can listen to in the gallery, but you'll have to check it out and see.

Is BBCPEX netplay on the ps3 cross-compatible with the vita? I know ps3 is with ps4 but not sure about the vita.

Is BBCPEX netplay on the ps3 cross-compatible with the vita? I know ps3 is with ps4 but not sure about the vita.

Nope, this time the PSVita is a world apart.

So taking a break from CF talk, is there any ETA on accurate frame data for CP2.0?

I questioned the same thing. Did the person doing it suddenly die or something. I would do sum of the frame data to help out... but nahh.

Just bought BlazBlue CP Extend, and I have a question.

I heard that older DLC from Chrono Phantasma is compatible with Extend, is that true?

How exactly do you get Noel's Classic Uniform Sprites in Extend?  Is it still possible?

All DLC from the original CP is available as in-game unlockables in Extend's gallery. Any DLC you bought for original CP will be automatically unlocked for you in Extend's gallery.

Noel's original suit should automatically be available already.

When you pick Noel in the character select screen, she has vertical arrows that go up and down to choose your color, then she has horizontal arrows. Going left or right will switch between original costume and CP costume.

All DLC from the original CP is available as in-game unlockables in Extend's gallery. Any DLC you bought for original CP will be automatically unlocked for you in Extend's gallery.

Noel's original suit should automatically be available already.

Though for more clarification, this only works with the PS3/Vita versions. But yeah, as what DoM said is enough here. (Yes, I know what I would be saying would be probably redundant as DoM already gave out the logical answer. >_>)

When you pick Noel in the character select screen, she has vertical arrows that go up and down to choose your color, then she has horizontal arrows. Going left or right will switch between original costume and CP costume.

Or if you happen to play Ranked, just press Square while highlighting her.

So when you finish the story mode in CPEX, you get a message that says something like "Secret Voice unlocked". Anyone know exactly what that is? I had already unlocked all the system/loketest voices before finishing story mode, and I didn't see anything new in there.