KayEff

BlazBlue Question Thread - Ask your questions here!

Minor one: how do you change the character portrait on your D-Card from default Ragna?  I notice other people have different characters (Lv.11 & up).  I got to Lv.11 in ranked (not using Ragna), but that didn't do it.  Maybe number of matches or wins allows it to change?  The one for score attack can be changed, but not the main one.  They should explain how it works.  Thanks. 

You have to edit your D-Card manually in the network section.

Do people still play vanilla CP? I thought about trying to get into it but don't know if everyone moved on to CPX (despite all the complaints)

On 10/11/2015, 9:53:44, Gray-Flower said:

How fast after airdash can you attack? I noticed that if you do airdash really low to the ground it pulls you up a bit and i can't seem to attack during the pull, or is it just messing up with controls? I'm trying to decide if Jin can do mixups with airdash j2C/2B after charged 236D freezing and how it can be done.

On 10/11/2015, 12:33:31, Zouf said:

You can attack at the end of the animation of the airdash

Because you can't cancel an airdash into an attack

afaik, you cannot cancel it at all actually

On 10/11/2015, 6:04:03, Airk said:

I think it's more that airdashes have startup in which you can't attack,  and then you hit a phase where you can attack and not block,  and then finally the airdashes ends,  leaving you with some momentum during which you can do anything. 

I don't think IAD combos would work if you couldn't attack during an airdash. 

On 10/12/2015, 3:07:46, Zouf said:

I meant during the startup, sorry.

Late as fuck but whatever, you can attack 5F after an airdash is done (Meaning as soon as you do an airdash you can pretty much attack), you cannot block until the airdash is complete. 

MOST character air dashes are 20 frames, others are lower/higher 

refer to wiki for such info lol (http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=BBCPE/System_Data)

ye 

I had no trouble finding some matches in both player match rooms and lobbies during the evening,  Eastern Standard Time, so it sure seems active to me. 

On 10/30/2015, 3:22:07, Myoro said:

You have to edit your D-Card manually in the network section.

I actually got the Tager portrait last weekend when I Ieveled up to L.12 in ranked.  Special dialogue too.  That's it for ranked.  Just a bit of Story, then it's all vs. & training.  I can't pull of all of one character's challenges & am stuck at 31% of total challenges, but trophies aren't that big of a deal for me.

Have they removed the cp-style smp system from cf? Have they just tweaked some of the individual moves so they can't be looped?

There should still be smp on some specials (i have seen a BBCF Mu-12 proration table in which she still has smp on her old specials that had smp, reducing the proration value to 30 if used multiple times in the same combo), but apparently they seem to be removed from normals

1 hour ago, bakahyl said:

There should still be smp on some specials (i have seen a BBCF Mu-12 proration table in which she still has smp on her old specials that had smp, reducing the proration value to 30 if used multiple times in the same combo), but apparently they seem to be removed from normals

But it only affects damage now?

So I'm a brand new BB player.
 I play Venom in Xrd.

So far, the only character that really sticks out to me is Nu13, but she seems REALLY hard to play. Do you think it's a bad idea to start there? I mean, I started Guilty with Venom which wasn't a walk in the park for sure but I managed.

What do you think? Is there another character that might be fundamentally easier to learn at first?

I'm not looking to be really good or competitive, I'm just looking to be competent.

On 12/1/2015, 12:20:43, AznSpyderman said:

So I'm a brand new BB player.
 I play Venom in Xrd.

So far, the only character that really sticks out to me is Nu13, but she seems REALLY hard to play. Do you think it's a bad idea to start there? I mean, I started Guilty with Venom which wasn't a walk in the park for sure but I managed.

What do you think? Is there another character that might be fundamentally easier to learn at first?

I'm not looking to be really good or competitive, I'm just looking to be competent.

Honestly, I think you're just in the midst of growing pains from adjusting to a game/character that you aren't used to.  Stick it out and keep grinding out the fundamentals and you'll get more confident the more you play.  I think you should keep playing Nu if that's who you want to play, she was actually less accessable in CP vanilla because she had a stance system similar to Gen in SF.

Can different localized versions of the same title be net played together? For example BBCP North America and Japanese. I want to know for Central Fiction to decide on whether or not I want to import the Japanese version or not.

On a side note, I bought BBCP Japan version and didn't really play it much due to a lack of friends to play with. Generally I prefer being able to talk to people while playing and well my PS3 doesn't support the mic I have. Don't actually remember if BBCP had mic support either. As well as Nu having mode shifts being really hard to play and discouraging.

Second question: Is there a sort of chat group like Skype or Discord that Dustloop has for Blazblue? Again playing against random strangers who I can't really talk with is kind of boring. Would be great to join something like this and discuss on Blazblue live time.

Last question: Is BBCF going to be for the PS3 as well as PS4, or have they finally made the move to PS4 only? Maybe this question can't be answered due to a lack of current information.

Just now, TheBluePylon said:

Can different localized versions of the same title be net played together? For example BBCP North America and Japanese. I want to know for Central Fiction to decide on whether or not I want to import the Japanese version or not.

On a side note, I bought BBCP Japan version and didn't really play it much due to a lack of friends to play with. Generally I prefer being able to talk to people while playing and well my PS3 doesn't support the mic I have. Don't actually remember if BBCP had mic support either. As well as Nu having mode shifts being really hard to play and discouraging.

Second question: Is there a sort of chat group like Skype or Discord that Dustloop has for Blazblue? Again playing against random strangers who I can't really talk with is kind of boring. Would be great to join something like this and discuss on Blazblue live time.

I can only answer the first question: Yes, both versions can play together.

4 minutes ago, heavymetalmixer said:

I can only answer the first question: Yes, both versions can play together.

Thanks for the quick reply. Guess I'll try and get a physical copy of BBCF. Though I probably fear for BBCFEX like most people.

Just now, TheBluePylon said:

Thanks for the quick reply. Guess I'll try and get a physical copy of BBCF. Though I probably fear for BBCFEX like most people.

It's better to play since the first version, though I personally wait for the american versions, still, I buy it since 1.0.

19 minutes ago, heavymetalmixer said:

It's better to play since the first version, though I personally wait for the american versions, still, I buy it since 1.0.

BBCPEX changed Nu fairly heavily and gave us Lambda. But BBCF looks like a good version for me to enjoy so I'll get it anyways.

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2015‎ ‎8‎:‎43‎:‎30‎, floatwater said:

Late as fuck but whatever, you can attack 5F after an airdash is done (Meaning as soon as you do an airdash you can pretty much attack), you cannot block until the airdash is complete. 

MOST character air dashes are 20 frames, others are lower/higher 

refer to wiki for such info lol (http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=BBCPE/System_Data)

ye 

I was experimenting with mixup using an airdash that was very low to the ground and 2B. (Jump > land > 2B vs Jump > airdash an inch from the ground > j.C, basically)

It seemed like I had to wait longer to attack when doing the low airdash vs an airdash that is higher off of the ground. Anyone else experience this? I know it's probably like that to stop jump mixup from being too strong.

I just want to make sure I'm not insane, and that other people experience the delayed attack window as well.