KayEff

BlazBlue Question Thread - Ask your questions here!

Fairly new to anime fighting games and I decided I want to give Blazblue a shot.

I planned on getting it when it comes out on PC, but is the console version (PS4 for me) worth picking up right now instead?

8 hours ago, drewlynoted said:

Fairly new to anime fighting games and I decided I want to give Blazblue a shot.

I planned on getting it when it comes out on PC, but is the console version (PS4 for me) worth picking up right now instead?

Well, at whatever price its going for lately, pick it up if you want, yes, the PS4 version (of BB:CP-EX) is best to get at the moment without barely any load times on it. That, or you could wait on the steam release whenever.

I may not be new to Blazblue as a whole, but I am looking for someone to sit down on the PS4 and teach me how to be genuinely good instead of mediocre.

Is there anyone here who can?

Have you played the tutorial?  Decided on a character?  Spent some time in training getting comfortable with them?  Not trying to be condescending, but you have to crawl before you can walk.

15 hours ago, Poultrygeist said:

Have you played the tutorial?  Decided on a character?  Spent some time in training getting comfortable with them?  Not trying to be condescending, but you have to crawl before you can walk.

I've been playing Blazblue for years, but can never seem to do genuinely good in it. The two characters I want to really know are Lambda 11 and Kokonoe.

Sorry, not sure if this is the correct place to ask about this.

Recently decided to start playing fighting games, purchased BBCPEX and started learning Noel. I'm completely clueless as to how blazblue works, and I'm having trouble with a certain technique involved in a certain combo.

The combo in question starts at 3:03 in this video: 

The full combo is:

2A>5B>6A>jc>J2C>J4D>cr2D>cr6C>22C>dc>6C(1)>5D>cr5C>cr6A>cr5C>cr5B>236C>微ダッシュ>6C(2)>6B>22B

I'm having trouble right around the bolded part. Perhaps I am misunderstanding the 微ダッシュ (not sure of the English name for this, it's the little slide while doing the 6C based on googling a bit). By my understanding, I have to wait for the 236C animation to completely finish, then do a quick dash followed immediately by the 6C input, so I slide across the ground while attacking. Is this correct?

I can land the 236C and they stick against the wall, but they fall down and recover before I can input a dash. Is my timing just not precise enough, or am I misunderstanding the 微ダッシュ technique? I'm kind of becoming really sad because it's so far along the combo that it takes a full 10 seconds to try a single adjustment to my timing and I've been stuck on it for 4 days now...

Doing a 236C>spam C or 236C>spam B doesn't seem to be able to connect (236C>A>A>A does, however). I'm not knowledgeable enough about blazblue to know whether this is simply because starting with 236C changes the number of stun frames though.

"微ダッシュ" is Dash Cancel (I'm like at least 90% on this, the Kana says Dash, but my Kanji isn't great)

What this means is that you need to input a dash slightly after the active frames of the move and it will cancel the recovery with a fixed time/distance dash, You can also hold the 6 input for the 6C so it becomes something like 236C>6[6]C (where [6] means hold 6). Dash cancelling is pretty hard to get down, especially when you're new to it, I know I had a lot of issues myself. For Noel, I actually found it easier to start learning to dash cancel using 22C, One of her challenge mode combos uses it (I think its like number 13 or so), and then working on applying it to other moves such as the 236[X] series

Yeah I've already got the dash cancel down (22c>dc>6C(1))

Is there any tutorial or trick to microdashing? I can't even seem to get it once, so I can't quite grasp how to do it.

edit: It seems that my issue is that microdashes have very tight frame requirements so I probably just have to time it better. I'll keep trying T_T

Thanks for your help

Microdashing is a piece of cake when you understand how buffering inputs works in BlazBlue.

Basically the goal is the smallest possible dash, and to accomplish this you only need to tap out 66C instead of holding the second 6 as you usually would for a dash.

Now the timing for it is simple, you press the first 6 when you're incapable of actually moving (It can be when you're about to land from a jump or in this case when you're recovering from a move, namely 236C.) the goal is to press it maybe 2~3 frames before you can move. You then press the second 6 of the first frame you can move and you get the microdash. In this case since your goal is to microdash into 6C you press C at roughly the same time as you press the second 6.

Microdashes aren't only useful in combos like these, but they can also be used to extend the reach of pokes or to better keep on top of an opponent when landing from a jump in or what have you.

Hope this was helpful!

It also merits mentioning that, though difficult, you can add a microdash to moves like 236C or 632146D by using them as 2366C or 6321466D (The microdash on the distortion will even be completely invulnerable if done right.)

note that you cannot buffer a dash from a crouching animation. It is possible to buffer dash momentum and have it take place in 0f (first frame of move startup has dash acceleration applied) but from a crouching animation this won't happen. If you buffer a normal and a dash you will just get the normal. So doing perfectly dashed inputs from crouch takes a delay of a frame, making it a 1f timing since you cannot buffer it. However, I'm pretty sure none of the combos in that video really require you to know this, so this post was more like a "fyi" type of thing. have fun.

Hey SKD I have question for you

When am I gonna see you again you Dashing gentleman you 

If I remember correctly you need to purchase them from the guild site using in game currency.

On 3/5/2016 at 10:12 AM, Frost Monarch said:

If I remember correctly you need to purchase them from the guild site using in game currency.

Yup, gotta get a Nescia card and there's a portal to each game. 

Here's hoping I can get that Black/White color since it was an event only. 

I tried a quick search and didn't come up with the info I was looking for so i figured I'd ask here (sorry if its the wrong place).

Regarding importing BBCF (PS4). How do you go about doing it? This would be the first game I will try to import and I'm not sure how it all works.

Are the physical copies of PS4 games region locked? Could I use a JP region game on my NA PS4? It looks like we can now potentially order/ship from Amazon Japan. Is this the best way to go? PlayAsia?

I think the other alternative is to create a JP PSN account and purchase digitally from the PS Store, but I'm not sure how that would work on PS4. If I purchase BBCF using the JP PSN account, I think I would have to change my "main" account on my PS4 to the JP account. Does that sound right?

Sorry for so many questions in one post. Been thinking about it a bit today and got curious. I realize the game is still a while away from a console release but I am just so hyped for it!

If you want to import, you can order from a site like PlayAsia once they're up for sale. There is no region locking for the PS4, so you would be fine. Though the preferable method since it's faster is to buy a yen or HK PSN card from PlayAsia and purchase it on the respective PSN store. I'm honestly not sure how the "main" account feature would come into play with this since I've only done it on PS3, but I'm sure someone else can clear that up for you.

The best import site I've used is AmiAmi; they're very fast (I live quite far from the west coast, but rarely get shipments after Monday), and though you pay slightly more than the Japanese retail price if you pick their fastest shipping option, they charge in yen, and while the yen has improved a bit lately, you still won't pay as much as with most other sites, even if you use PayPal (which has a slightly different exchange rate listed).

If you buy it through PSN, you don't need to switch your main account; as long as the account is on your PS4, you can play any games you bought on that account. For codes, I'd personally recommend japan-codes.com, as they can e-mail you codes within minutes, though I'm not sure how their prices compare to other sites.

As far as I know, you can buy directly from the HK store, with your credit card (if you have one)

At least my mastercard works there. No need to buy overpriced cards for this store.

Thanks for the info guys! I'll check out all the options and see which one would work best for me, once the game is available. I have a credit card, so if I can just order it straight from the PS store that might be easiest. If it involves shenanigans changing my main account, then I might go physical regardless of shipping timeframe.

hi, sry, i'm kinda havin trouble halfway through the 9th of Rachel's challenges in chronophantasma extend.

its been about 2 days so im gonna throw in the towel at this point and hope somebody can point me in the right direction.

the moves are:

diagonal down and right + (C)
Silpheed [up + (D)]
standing (B)
right + (A)
Ground (A) Tiny Lobelia [quarter circle bottom to right + (A)]
right + (A)
left + (B)
diagonal down and right + (C)
Baden Baden Lily [half circle back to right +(C)]

I cannot get passed the Tiny Lobelia to the following right +a

she's still recovering or something from the Lobelia before I can get the next move out and by then Azrael been standing there for like one second.

I also noticed in the example she double taps right after the Lobelia, so I i saw that and was like oh maybe she's canceling, but that actually didn't make any difference whatsoever so she isn't canelling then?  (why else would she double tap)

anyways any help would be greatly appreciated

15 hours ago, Otokonokotron said:

I cannot get passed the Tiny Lobelia to the following right +a

I think your problem is that you input Tiny Lobelia too late so that it hits Azrael before it bounces from the corner. If you take a close look at the replay you see that the projectile hits the wall before it damages Azrael, so that he is longer in the air and Rachel can recover from it.

The easiest way to do it is too delay her 5B after 3C. You should hit him with 5B when he is about at the height of Rachel's waist/upper body, then you can continue the combo without any further delays. The AI in the replay does the exact same thing.

15 hours ago, Otokonokotron said:

I also noticed in the example she double taps right after the Lobelia, so I i saw that and was like oh maybe she's canceling, but that actually didn't make any difference whatsoever so she isn't canelling then?  (why else would she double tap)

It isn't necessary to continue the combo but to maximise the damage of it, because without any dashes the "main" thunder of Baden Baden Lily can easily whiff the opponent and you lose about 500 points damage. To clear the challenge you don't need to input any dashes.

If you have any further questions you should ask in the Rachel Forums (here is the Q&A thread) or in the respective Discord chatroom.

thank you very much for the detailed response I'll just keep at it it but be a timing issue.  (it says the tiny lobelia is connecting and i can see it connecting i just cant get the timing right for the following 4A, i've never literally been unable to do something in this game for so long and im starting to feel like a real idiot)   its probably something obvious though where im missiing it so ill just keep trying.

yeah if anything it's like you said i gotta wait till he falls to about her waist then basically mainline adrenaline, speed and crack cocain for the 5C 6A 236A[Tiny Lobelia]  and then pray some miracle happens to connect the

next 5C.  I'm really sry i don't know why this is so hard for me to grasp.

(well i actually just got her to pull the after Lobelia 6A twice but i cant do it again cuz i dont know what made it work, but at least i know i can do it)

ive been able to do it inconsistantly a few times now since youre help this may just be an instance i just have to button mash to get the 6A to work until i can figure out when im actually supposed to hit them

Hello!

A question regarding CF's release, is the limited box sold in retail stores (in Japan) too or is it online only? I'm asking 'cause I'm actually going to Tokyo for a week in Oct 15-22, and since it's so close to CF's release I figured I could save the postage if I'd just buy the game while I'm there. Thanks!

On 7.8.2016 at 9:30 AM, Verimeloni said:

Hello!

A question regarding CF's release, is the limited box sold in retail stores (in Japan) too or is it online only? I'm asking 'cause I'm actually going to Tokyo for a week in Oct 15-22, and since it's so close to CF's release I figured I could save the postage if I'd just buy the game while I'm there. Thanks!

You'll definitely will find stores, especially in Tokyo, which will carry the Limited Edition. If you don't find it in the shop yourself ask someone of the staff (or show them a picture of the LE) since some will likely have it behind the counter. One more thing, you should also pay attention where you buy it since many shops have pre-order/first-print bonuses in the first week. The last time I was in Tokyo I bought one copy of XBlaze: Code Embryo (during the first week after release) and received the first print soundtrack CD as bonus.

So if you like one of the items you should try to buy it at the respective shop and even if don't like them you should try to do it since you can sell the item for a good amount of money, especially the big tapestries.