KayEff

BlazBlue Question Thread - Ask your questions here!

Welcome to the BlazBlue Questions Thread!

Here, you can ask questions about anything BlazBlue gameplay related. This topic is created just for those questions. If you have story related questions take it to Zepp Museum.

Anyone is allowed to ask a question, and anyone is allowed to answer a question. However, please read the following rules as to this thread:

• You are allowed to ask as many questions as you want in a single post. However, please be smart about what you ask. We don't want to see questions that ask about how big Noel's tits are. We already have GameFAQs for that kind of shit.
  • If you are going to answer a question, please be courteous of the person who asked the question. Just because an answer may be obvious to you does not mean that it will be obvious to the person who asked the question. In other words, respect the person in your answer.
  • If you notice any information from an answer to be incorrect or an opinion that's completely skewed, you are allowed to make a post regarding your corrections or thoughts. However, the same rule applies. In the case of opinions, please keep your own to a minimum. This topic isn't meant for arguments or debates, but rather for helping the ignorant and curious.
  • Don't make any flammatory or pointless posts. Try your best to refrain from making redundant posts. Our forums have a "Search Thread" feature located in the bar above the first post of the page. We'll be lenient on the redundancy, since we understand very well that searching through Dustloop posts is not only an absolutely cringing hassle, but also because some of the posts here aren't what we call "quality posts." However, if you ask a question that's just been asked a few posts ago, we will give you a warning.

Breaking these rules will either result in an infraction, tempban, or permanent ban, depending on how bad the offense is, past offenses, or the mood that the mods feel. Seriously, don't fuck with us on this.

Have fun.

Edited by Kurushii

High res art! There was an entire collection that someone had ripped from Calamity Trigger some time ago, and I'd be very interested in both finding that again and getting the same treatment for CS. Any info on that would be amazing.

I was playing the Extar story Militar Academy on BB Extend, but there is a part in the story where there is no voice, just the BG music and the character don't move their mouths. Is that the way it supposed to be, or is that a glich?

the american version of the game is known to have problems with the story mode, such as using japanese voices at times even if your setting is at american voices. so what you're experiencing is most likely a technical problem.

the 360 version doesn't have any patch to fix this as of yet, but i don't know how it is for the PS3 version. if anyone can pitch in on this, that'd be appreciated.

PS3 has same issues. I've seen mismatched text, Japanese voices, blank text with voice, text without voice at all, mouths moving, mouths not moving, etc.

About Arakune after CS, what exactly happened to him or will this be answered in CP? He was just captured by Relius and basically removed from the picture. CP made it look like he was fine the entire time.

About Arakune after CS, what exactly happened to him or will this be answered in CP? He was just captured by Relius and basically removed from the picture. CP made it look like he was fine the entire time.

As far as I remember, ya, he gets captured by Relius. As for why he seems fine in CP, we might have to play that story to find out, but I'm assuming it's something along the lines of being used by Relius and friends.

which characters have the deadliest mixups? I'm going to start when chrono phantasma drops but coming from P4A I just want to know who has narukami / chie level mixups or pressure.

EDIT: oh crap i just read "non-gameplay related" sorry

which characters have the deadliest mixups? I'm going to start when chrono phantasma drops but coming from P4A I just want to know who has narukami / chie level mixups or pressure.

EDIT: oh crap i just read "non-gameplay related" sorry

Also this question was just asked in the Beginner forum.

I've really wanted to ask this for a while seeing as I own both a 360 and a PS3, but I've always been on the 360 for BlazBlue and frankly, CSE is practically a ghost town on XBL now. With CP coming out in the not-soon-enough future I was wondering if I should make the switch to PSN.

How difficult is it to find a Player Match or Ranked Match on PSN on CSE generally? On XBL it's practically impossible now except during prime-time/weekends you might find a handful of people.

Hmm thats a real good question,, tbh you could get a good estimate by looking at the number of pages within the GG/netplay threads for each system. IIRC PSN has like over 1000 pages while Xbox only has a 300. So one could assume that PSN has way more people.

However for right now they are both a deserted wasteland. Atm psn has a few 30ppl playing CSE that are from the US. But based off of the GG threads we can assume that the PSN population during the prime time of the game is higher. Also there is a thread iirc that counted the total players on each system... you should PM a moderator for that thread. It was about popularity with the characters..... however i think it was percentages,, but i could be wrong

Many people dropped extend within first year after its release. Extend is probably the least onlne popular bb game so far, since it is practically bbcs which everyone has been playing hard for a long time before the extend. Everyone got tired continuum shift, extend or not. Bbcp will surely be lively much longer.

I also own both consoles, and I use both psn and xbl to get the fullest experience. Psn wins at majority of players in EU's case.

Hello,

Not sure where the best place to ask this is, but i am looking to buy a Taito X2 arcade cabinet. I am mainly interested in the game Undernight In-birth. However this is the same board blazblue runs on so I was hoping someone here might now.

Are there any good places to buy arcade cabinets and games to be shipped to the US? Does anyone else have experience with the Taito machines and know how easy it is to swap out games? I am very interested in buying one.

Thank You

Im curious about how this works. One would simply need to buy the mother board and then a game kit? And they could plug a monitor into it and play it like normal?

And yeah, UNIB runs on the ring edge system.

Im definitely considering buying a cabinet and bringing to my area if thats how it works.

Edited by Akiro

The Taito X2 is pretty much just a computer and the game kits are hard drives with USB security dongles that let you run them on the board. You can plug a monitor into it just like a PC. To hook up sticks to it you just need a jamma board.

For the Ring Edge 2 I'm not 100% sure, but I think for UNIB it requires you to be constantly connected to the internet to play. Kind of like a different version of Nesica. So I'm not sure if it's even possible to get the arcade version outside of Japan.

For the Ring Edge 2 I'm not 100% sure, but I think for UNIB it requires you to be constantly connected to the internet to play. Kind of like a different version of Nesica. So I'm not sure if it's even possible to get the arcade version outside of Japan.

Yea, they are even upgrading the software very soon. A new card system and all is being implemented. Fubarduck was talking about it over twitter the other day.

Well, dont know if this is the place to ask... Or if its been answered already... But ive been googling my butt off and still cant find an adequate answer that is written in concise english.

Basically i live in australia, i want to buy bbcse on xbla, but it seems that only bbcs is available.

Can i buy bbcs and download characters while being able to play online against bbcse players?

Is bbcse available in australia on xbla?

If the answer is no i have to import or find a gamestop that carries it out here, just wanted to see if there is any way to get it without going to gamestop as the au prices for games are ridiculous and i remember that bbcse was available for download it seemed, only a couple of weeks ago though i could be totally trippin.