KayEff

BlazBlue Question Thread - Ask your questions here!

The limited edition on Nippon Yassan the Ebten limited edition. It has a different wall scroll than the famitsu one I think (there seems to be no pictures of how either looks like). The one on N-Y is much cheaper too at 11050 yen than play asia.

Training options and general menu navigation should be simple enough through trial & error if you aren't proficient in kata (although I'm sure someone release a simple "translation guide" within a matter of hours if needed). Story is completely up to you, personally this is something I'm getting to enjoy the gameplay sooner [getting the domestic ver will be my story run] but I'm sure some people will be translating broad tidbits/major points and discussing it well before international release.

The limited edition on Nippon Yassan the Ebten limited edition. It has a different wall scroll than the famitsu one I think (there seems to be no pictures of how either looks like). The one on N-Y is much cheaper too at 11050 yen than play asia.

Yeah. I wish I knew what the scrolls actually looked like, but whatever. I just want my Rachel nendo. xD

If only the scroll was the LE cover. That'd be sort of exciting. Or a giant Nago. I'd totally take that, too.

Majority of the menus will be in Japanese (I plan on doing translation guides). Story will be entirely in Japanese. You'll still be able to play against other regions when their versions come out. Correct all DLC will need to be purchased under a Japanese account but you can play the game on any region account.

I don't recall if BB allows this, but I do know that some PS3 games allowed for cross-compatible DLC between regions. Players with JP DLC could still use it on their NA copies of the games. Can't remember which game this was, though.

I don't recall if BB allows this, but I do know that some PS3 games allowed for cross-compatible DLC between regions. Players with JP DLC could still use it on their NA copies of the games. Can't remember which game this was, though.

Can't speak for the other entries but I know CS didn't do this ; -;

Yeah, I doubt CP will do it, either, if that's the case. :(

Thanks a lot for the feedback everyone--I have a lot to think about here. I'm debating on possibly the JP release, to get a head start on the game and such.

Kurushii,

Thanks in advance for the translation guide, that would be a huge help.

Nippon Yassan is reliable from what I hear (for figures). Shipping will probably be cheaper. Shipping from Japan to NA seems to be cheaper than HK (play asia) to NA in general. I should PO from there instead too.

I pre-ordered 2 copies of the Ebten edition from there because it was sold-out almost in everywhere and the feedbacks/reviews in their facebook looked quite good. However I must warn you, the shipping is not as cheap as it looks. Using the EMS(Express) (3-4 days of shipping) it cost me almost $70, that's a lot. But I think is still cheaper than yesasia and play-asia since I'm sharing the bill with another friend.

I pre-ordered 2 copies of the Ebten edition from there because it was sold-out almost in everywhere and the feedbacks/reviews in their facebook looked quite good. However I must warn you, the shipping is not as cheap as it looks. Using the EMS(Express) (3-4 days of shipping) it cost me almost $70, that's a lot. But I think is still cheaper than yesasia and play-asia since I'm sharing the bill with another friend.

Ah, yeah, one of the reasons I'm going with them is because I'm using a cheaper shipping method. I don't mind waiting two or three weeks for my stuff to arrive, haha. If you use the fastest shipping method, you'll still save money, but it won't be quite as much.

Ah, yeah, one of the reasons I'm going with them is because I'm using a cheaper shipping method. I don't mind waiting two or three weeks for my stuff to arrive, haha. If you use the fastest shipping method, you'll still save money, but it won't be quite as much.

That is something I usually do, but I don't have that kind of patience for BBCP hahaha. I'll be going crazy if I have to wait 1-2 more weeks to try this game after the release date :vbang:. And all this because Amiami pre-orders disappeared in 1 day :arg:.

Play-Asia is accepting pre-orders on the LE again, though the price is fairly high.

http://www.play-asia.com/blazblue-chrono-phantasma-limited-edition-paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-6h6l.html

Shipping is of course cheaper than the Famitsu edition (since there's no wall scroll), but the item itself is only $10 less. :|

Curious what the communities thoughts on buying it from the Japanese PSN store are? I was thinking of going that route. Thanks.

Some of us are. I personally am so I don't have to wait for my LE to ship.

Curious what the communities thoughts on buying it from the Japanese PSN store are? I was thinking of going that route. Thanks.

My only reservation on digital [for all games of any nature] is HDD space, I'm kind of stingy with filling it with bigger titles, especially if they can be physically bought.

Aside from that it's wonderful, a near complete win-win situation; get it cheaper [both in price and not having to pay for shipping], easy access, and for multi-game meetups and tournaments it's in a great setup.

= w=b

Kurushii, SolxBaiken,

Thanks for the encouragement--I'll definitely be doing the same. Do you think it would be already if, when the game launches, I joined one of the rooms I've read that BBCP will have so I can watch replay's and learn from the community here?

And thanks for being so welcoming, much appreciated!

Hmm. I thought I'd pop a question here regarding setting up a JPN PSN account. I'm just wondering about the part where you have to fill out the address. Can I just select the prefecture and skip the rest or do I need to fill out all fields? I'm not too sure how to tackle that part as I don't know Japan that well xD

Some of us are. I personally am so I don't have to wait for my LE to ship.

Wait! Are they gonna release a digital version of BBCP in the JPN PSN Store??!!:gonk:

Don't think anything official has said so, but

Dragon's Crown' date=' The Witch and the 100 Soliders, and XBLAZE went up day 1 digital so with that odds it's bound to be BBCP digital day 1[/quote']

Lol that CP LE on play Asia is already gone - curse my sleeping in heh - digital eh ? Sheesh I think in jealous or salty or some emotion already... Intrigued? Seems like it might be difficult to set any of this up - speaking of which I'm sure it's been asked before but do we have any resources setup to assist with acquiring the CP DLC?

Edit: I might end up getting that famistsu edition - any idea regarding what the wall scroll is of?

Edited by Nemesis

Forget my question. I managed to sort something out in the end. All is good now I'm sure.

No picture has been released on what the wall scroll looks like.

I wonder if the Ebten LE from Nippon Yassan is a proxy buy, since the Ebten LE might be a ebten.jp exclusive. Nippon Yassan does proxy buys for other exclusive items that normally don't ship outside of Japan.

Okay, 2 questions: What is in the limited edition that makes it worth the extra money?

Second and biggest question is that this will be my first import buy for a PS3. So I want to know what should I expect, in terms of maybe gameplay, home screens....and, well, TEXT LANGUAGE will be the biggest hurdle for me.

Edit: Okay, a few more. What are the different editions and where would be the best place to buy it from?

Edited by Solless

Okay, 2 questions: What is in the limited edition that makes it worth the extra money?

Second and biggest question is that this will be my first import buy for a PS3. So I want to know what should I expect, in terms of maybe gameplay, home screens....and, well, TEXT LANGUAGE will be the biggest hurdle for me.

Edit: Okay, a few more. What are the different editions and where would be the best place to buy it from?

First, there are two extra editions besides the normal edition. The limited edition has the OST, the artbook, and a figure Nendoroid of Rachel (the figure is probably the reason of the high price). The famitsu/ebten edition brings all that and an scroll of the game. All three editions brings the DLC code for Terumi on pre-order.

Second, in terms of gameplay, the JP version is exactly the same as the US/EU versions. I have read here that the JP older versions even had the english voices, so it is assumed that the JP version of BBCP will have the voices in english and japanese. The only difference in the game versions is the text, all the menus and the story come in moonrunes. So, unless you know how to read japanese properly you won't be able to understand what is happening. However it is safe to assume that someone is kind enough to translate some of the menus for us. For the story you will have to wait for the US version. :)

And to buy it, Amiami is the cheapest but it runs out very fast (currently sold-out). Right now, I think there are 3 choices: Play-asia, Yesasia and Nippon-Yasan. Yesasia IS expensive. If you go with the regular edition Nippon-yasan has a good price for shipping. Search in those places and estimate the price for your needs. ;)

Edited by Ragnarok_F4

Possibly.

Thanks for the info, but now I have one more question. I see on play-asia it has Japan version and Asia version. So.....is there any difference?

Possibly.

Thanks for the info, but now I have one more question. I see on play-asia it has Japan version and Asia version. So.....is there any difference?

Asia versions are normally cheaper, sometimes come with a English manual, and sometimes have different language options in game. If you buy a Asia version you'll have to buy your dlc from the Hong Kong store.