KayEff

BlazBlue Question Thread - Ask your questions here!

And to buy it, Amiami is the cheapest but it runs out very fast (currently sold-out). Right now, I think there are 3 choices: Play-asia, Yesasia and Nippon-Yasan. Yesasia IS expensive. If you go with the regular edition Nippon-yasan has a good price for shipping. Search in those places and estimate the price for your needs. ;)

Can you confirm the trustworthyness of Nippon Yasan? They seem to have the best ebten/Famitsu Deal (is there a difference? couldnt find one) Ive already preordered it-- I may be asking for peace of mind

I've read that they are reliable off comments in forums. I've never bought from them before myself though. I have CP preordered at N Y as well.

The Ebten LE has a different wall scroll than the Famitsu DX LE I think.

Can you confirm the trustworthyness of Nippon Yasan? They seem to have the best ebten/Famitsu Deal (is there a difference? couldnt find one) Ive already preordered it-- I may be asking for peace of mind

Pretty much what Bubbles said. This is my first time pre-ordering in N Y, but since it has good comments/reviews I'm taking the risk. And about the difference...I don't know haha, I discovered recently that they were different editions. :v:

I was just looking at the Famitsu website and it has "Chronophantasma Famitsu DX Pack" listed as "Sold on Enterbrain's shopping site: ebten.jp". There's a chance that the ebten version is just the Famitsu version anyway and that the proxy/middlemen sites are listing it as ebten edition just because it's sold on that website.

It's worth pointing out that there's only one limited edition sold on the ebten site, so there can't be both an ebten and a Famitsu version there.

Hey, I have more questions (I seem to be full of them). Kurushii mentioned that if I ordered the Asia version I might get lucky with some English text but I would have to get my DLC through the Hong Kong Store. Following that line of logic I supposed the same thing happens if I get the Japanese version. How easy/hard is it to get into those PSN stores? And once I get the DLC, can I still use it if I switch back to using the american store?

Edit: And that onion thing of tari's looks so darn weird!

Edited by Solless

I've read that they are reliable off comments in forums. I've never bought from them before myself though. I have CP preordered at N Y as well.

The Ebten LE has a different wall scroll than the Famitsu DX LE I think.

thanks @ both of you -- but now Im gonna go nuts--- somehow my brain tells me the wallscroll from the other edition is going to be better....

I was just looking at the Famitsu website and it has "Chronophantasma Famitsu DX Pack" listed as "Sold on Enterbrain's shopping site: ebten.jp". There's a chance that the ebten version is just the Famitsu version anyway and that the proxy/middlemen sites are listing it as ebten edition just because it's sold on that website.

It's worth pointing out that there's only one limited edition sold on the ebten site, so there can't be both an ebten and a Famitsu version there.

oh thanks for the insight Tari-- I also checked the ebten website-- ~_~ too bad its impossible to buy from there lol

Hey, I have more questions (I seem to be full of them). Kurushii mentioned that if I ordered the Asia version I might get lucky with some English text but I would have to get my DLC through the Hong Kong Store. Following that line of logic I supposed the same thing happens if I get the Japanese version. How easy/hard is it to get into those PSN stores? And once I get the DLC, can I still use it if I switch back to using the american store?

Edit: And that onion thing of tari's looks so darn weird!

It's not too difficult to get accounts for those PSN regions. That said, the Asia region is usually a little slower than the JP region on DLC releases, and it might be a bit harder to get Asia-region PSN cards (unless the Asia PSN store accepts foreign credit cards or something, in which case that problem is moot).

Once you have the DLC, you should be able to swap to your American account and continue using it. If the DLC is on your PS3 and the Asia/JP account is tied to that PS3, you can use the DLC on any other account on that PS3.

And the onion is great! It's gonna be a long time before I change avatars. :D

You are probably right. I can't read Japanese, but I thought it was weird that other games with a famitsu dx edition sold on the ebten.jp site actually say "DX" in the product descriptions.

BBCP LE:

http://ebten.jp/p/4510772130141/

Dragon's Crown Famitsu DX pack:

http://ebten.jp/p/4984995900896/

Yeah, I'm a little curious about that, myself. The ebten listing for the BBCP LE doesn't mention Famitsu at all. In fact, it's listed as the ebten edition, so who knows.

It's not too difficult to get accounts for those PSN regions. That said, the Asia region is usually a little slower than the JP region on DLC releases, and it might be a bit harder to get Asia-region PSN cards (unless the Asia PSN store accepts foreign credit cards or something, in which case that problem is moot).

I'm guessing the japanese store though does accept US credit cards?

JP store doesn't accept foreign credit cards. You'll need JP PSN cards if you want to buy anything from there.

Does Amiami usually sell the asia version? thanks

No, they sell the Jp versions.

As posted above no. You can buy cards from Play-Asia.com , Japan-Codes.com , or find a member living in Japan.

Sorry, should've clarified. I meant that it would be easy to get JP PSN cards online, whereas I have no idea how easy or hard it is to get Asia PSN cards.

Here is a concept sketch of what the wall scroll looks like:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/30/blazblue-chrono-phantasma-limited-edition-comes-with-rachel-figurine-visual-book/

Here is a 25th anniversary arcade stick from ASW. Not sure where we can import this yet. I don't think I'm going to get another stick until a PS4 version comes out. Not sure how much usage time is left with the PS3 ones.

http://ebten.jp/p/7015013080501/?aid=fcn_bbcp

How does combo time work in CP? I've read the explanation on the wiki, and it seems pretty straightforward, however, from matches I've seen, it looks like proration affects it somehow as well.

xD Sleeping chibi hakumen. Dang now I really want the arcade stick.

kagura chibi be fabulous...also bullet found treasure... :P

I don't think anyone has cracked the full formula for combo time yet, but the single biggest factor seems to be the first hit (properties).

For example as a generalization, C starter > B starter > A starter for length of combo time. D starters, Special starters and DD starters may have unique effects on combo time.

If someone has a more detailed answer, please enlighten me as well =P.

I don't think anyone has cracked the full formula for combo time yet, but the single biggest factor seems to be the first hit (properties).

For example as a generalization, C starter > B starter > A starter for length of combo time. D starters, Special starters and DD starters may have unique effects on combo time.

If someone has a more detailed answer, please enlighten me as well =P.

you should read the wiki

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Damage_(BBCP)#Combo_System

How does combo time work in CP? I've read the explanation on the wiki, and it seems pretty straightforward, however, from matches I've seen, it looks like proration affects it somehow as well.

Proration ONLY affects damage, UNLESS you are talking about "same move proration" in which case, yes, it plays a significant factor.

I was referring to the starter rating. It seems to have the biggest effect on combo time.

Uh, you'll observe that I wasn't quoting or addressing you. :) shtkn wisely gave a link to the wiki that answered your question, so I was talking to the original poster.