KayEff

BlazBlue Question Thread - Ask your questions here!

hmm whats the cheapest good 8 button stick?

I recommend getting one of MadCatz' TE sticks. They're about as affordable as arcade sticks get, last for quite a while, and they usually have them for around $80-$100 on sale during major tournaments. Keep an eye out for the ads during streams, which have a coupon code you can use.

The cheapest one at the moment IIRC is the Soul Calibur 5 stick.

So is there any events/info/famitsu articles on BBCP before release date?

That's pretty vague. There has been tons of info before release. We just had TGS...

That's pretty vague. There has been tons of info before release. We just had TGS...

Sorry, I meant say that is there anything new coming in the following month before release date?

Sorry, I meant say that is there anything new coming in the following month before release date?

ASW has been updating the console section on the official Blazblue.jp site. So far they have Network Mode up explaining each mode briefly. Other two sections should be up before console release. They just had another play test in Japan for people to try the game out and preorder. I don't think there will be anything huge coming news wise till console release.

I know this has been prolly answered somewhere but what is the best way to import BBCP or get the digital japanese version? creating a JP PSN doesn't seem that complicated but it's the debit card information that I'll prolly have a problem with.

I know this has been prolly answered somewhere but what is the best way to import BBCP or get the digital japanese version? creating a JP PSN doesn't seem that complicated but it's the debit card information that I'll prolly have a problem with.

Digital is faster of course. Up to you if you want a physical copy or not. Read: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?16987-Importing-101

Digital is faster of course.

Unless your internet is straight butt. I know if I was at home instead of at school, I definitely wouldn't be trying to download it. I'd be screaming in agony for hours

You might get it a day or two before release day - maybe a shop ships it earlier and you payed for EMS/Fedex shipping. Who knows.

If you know a mom and pop store in your area that sells imports then yea you can get it early that way. It's very rare for an online merchant to ship before release day. I've only had it happen maybe three or four times out of almost 100 imports I've preordered. A lot of people assume stores shipped their preorder early because they fail to realize that Japan is on average 13 hours ahead of the US. If you picked EMS you are waiting 2 days or more on shipping easy. FedEx on average I get my preorders the next day.

If you know a mom and pop store in your area that sells imports then yea you can get it early that way. It's very rare for an online merchant to ship before release day. I've only had it happen maybe three or four times out of almost 100 imports I've preordered. A lot of people assume stores shipped their preorder early because they fail to realize that Japan is on average 13 hours ahead of the US. If you picked EMS you are waiting 2 days or more on shipping easy. FedEx on average I get my preorders the next day.

Aw man :<. I'd go crazy waiting those 2 days for a package from amiami.

When i was looking at shipping methods, couriers such as fedex and ups were most likely to get you caught in customs (tax), while EMS and free shipping were more likely to avoid it. But i think it really depends on what country you are in and luck.

I'm importing BBCP from Play-Asia. Probably a silly question, but I'm guessing the ASIA version won't have English-translated story mode? (otherwise, why wait till March...) I noticed that ASIA versions may have subtitles for Korea, Hong Kong, etc... These don't include story mode right?

Anyone who imported previous BBs that can confirm this?

Have they removed the continue screen for arcade mode on consoles? It pisses me off to no end.

I take it you are getting that assumption because of TGS footage? All event builds use game over screens so that someone doesn't take up a console for a long period of time. You have to be able to let other play.

I'm importing BBCP from Play-Asia. Probably a silly question, but I'm guessing the ASIA version won't have English-translated story mode? (otherwise, why wait till March...) I noticed that ASIA versions may have subtitles for Korea, Hong Kong, etc... These don't include story mode right?

Anyone who imported previous BBs that can confirm this?

The Asia version at Japan launch is the same as the Japanese version. All Japanese releases have some English in the menus, and a option for English battle sound effects. That's it. Story will be all Japanese. The only Blazblue that was a exception to this was BBCT, which JP and NA releases were less than a week apart.

So the Japanese version of BBCP will have English voices in battle? And how much of the menus will be in English? Will it be easy to navigate the game, or a challenge?

So the Japanese version of BBCP will have English voices in battle? And how much of the menus will be in English? Will it be easy to navigate the game, or a challenge?

Every release thus far has had English and Japanese battle voices. It has to have both because of netplay. From what has been shown thus far not much of the menus is in English unlike CSE. It looks like Abyss items are going to be in English again which helps a lot. I already started working on my menu translation guide for CP. So it won't be hard for importers that lack Japanese language experience. I'll have that up either the first or second day of release for the public.

Logically, yes. It catches everything except projectiles.

Every release thus far has had English and Japanese battle voices. It has to have both because of netplay. From what has been shown thus far not much of the menus is in English unlike CSE. It looks like Abyss items are going to be in English again which helps a lot. I already started working on my menu translation guide for CP. So it won't be hard for importers that lack Japanese language experience. I'll have that up either the first or second day of release for the public.

thats great news Kurushii ^^ thanks for the hard work

thats great news Kurushii ^^ thanks for the hard work

I want to second that. I appreciate all of the hard work Kurushii. I'm just feeling very ambivalent about purchasing the Japanese version. I would love to get the game sooner and start training with Terumi. But I would prefer the English copy for the ease of navigating through the menus, and English text.

I can save a lot of money by getting the digital version via a certain method, however if I have to buy extra jpsn cards for Terumi then it's definitely more beneficial to get retail.

What would you do if you were in my shoes?

I obviously have some time to wait for any news regarding Terumi's availability in the digital version, but there are some current retail preorder discounts I don't want to miss on in the case he's not free, plus there's this other guy who's waiting for me to confirm if we'll both buy retail or share the downloaded version.

Shouldn't they have already released info like this? Is there a place I could go check daily or something for any updates?

If it's not allowed to refer to things like g-sharing etc. feel free to delete the related parts, I think the post can still make sense without them

I can save a lot of money by getting the digital version via a certain method, however if I have to buy extra jpsn cards for Terumi then it's definitely more beneficial to get retail.

plus there's this other guy who's waiting for me to confirm if we'll both buy retail or share the downloaded version.

If there is someone you're sharing the digital version with then if you split the cost even if you have to pay separate for Terumi it would still cost less than both of you buying retail.

6800¥/2=3400¥. DLC characters will most likely be 800¥ again so you'll pay 4200¥ total. As CrisisEdge said it's still way cheaper.

Does anyone know how digital & retail copies work together? Like if I got the digital version, and then my retail copy arrived later. Not sure if then I could use the terumi code on the digital copy, uhh.. or what. Not even sure how they would be separated out on the console.