KayEff

BlazBlue Question Thread - Ask your questions here!

I'm familiar with how the Dan ranking works for JP, but how Dan's translate to levels to the ENG players?

1-10 Kyuu match up to Levels 1-10.

From there, 1 Dan = Level 11, and each level up is equivalent to a dan level up.

So 2 Dan = Level 12, 3 Dan = Level 13, etc.

Greetings all.

So how do I unlock the color palettes for the D-Code characters? I unlocked the palette I wanted to use for my playable character in the gallery, but I can still only select the default 6 palettes for my D-Code character.

Greetings all.

So how do I unlock the color palettes for the D-Code characters? I unlocked the palette I wanted to use for my playable character in the gallery, but I can still only select the default 6 palettes for my D-Code character.

Play ranked 'tll you reach 1 dan, that unlocks everything.

Wait, really? There are palletes beyond the default 6 that can be unlocked? I'm a 9th Dan and I still only have the default 6 palettes for my D-code character.

That is, being 1st dan unlocks everything there is to unlock, to my knowledge. I'm sorry if the pallettes aren't there :^

How do we get animated avatars to work again?

Edit: So it's dependent on file sizes, but still not sure what those limits are. Is it still 48kb's?

So what exactly is a micro dash, and how do I perform it?

Like in combos? Its essentially when you input a dash in the combo (usually with an attack after) in order to make sure it combos correctly, usually done because of spacing, momentum in some cases, etc. For some reason, I feel like im getting trolled lol

Ok...this is pissing me off to no end. I cannot consistently dp on wake up.

From knockdown to tech, what is the timing?

PS3 tag: meester_muuffin

It can be tough especially online, but I'll try to help with the timing.

Obviously hold a button to emergency/neutral tech. Once your character flashes and starts the tech animation you want to watch them. The key is to make sure you're hitting the attack button as soon as your character's feet hit the ground. The timing depends on how fast you do the DP motion, so you'll have to experiment with that yourself.

It looks like you use Platinum and Noel...so I assume you're talking about Plat's reversal. For that one you have to start holding down right after Plat starts the tech animation or you won't have enough charge to do loli jailbait.

But again, the key to doing wakeup DPs is to hit the attack button as soon as your character's feet hit the ground.

...And Axle you can also put your PSN in your profile info so that you don't have to type it everytime.

I'm using my phone as my main device right now, so I set it as my sig cause tapatalk is weird and I got frustrated trying to edit my profile. XD Apparently that makes two sigs..

I haven't updated my old sig...been playing Terumi online and it's killing me trying to wakeup dp. Especially since I don't have many other defensive options.

Thank you very much for the help! I'll pay close attention to the tech animation.

Somewhat for me, I never got into using Litchi, it's her rod combos which is the challenging thing imo

Yea, they really take some time to get used to.

Litchi is a really strong character though she certainly is not easy to start with.

She is definitely not easy to start with. But she is the most interesting character for me so far.

Oh btw, I have another question:

Are the function 1 and 2 buttons really necessary or can I change these?

I'm playing on stick and I would like to have one button for A+B+C+D and one for A+B+C.

Oh btw, I have another question:

Are the function 1 and 2 buttons really necessary or can I change these?

I'm playing on stick and I would like to have one button for A+B+C+D and one for A+B+C.

FN1 & FN2 are only used in training/challenge mode as far as I know. They don't have a use in actual vs. gameplay. If your stick has 8 buttons though, you could easily fit all four buttons, + 2 macros, + FN1/2 if you really wanted to. However, I would imagine that playing on stick would eliminate the need for button macros.

So does anyone know how many frames you have to input 236236 for it to count as a super instead of a DP or quarter circle move? Sometimes I input 236236 too slowly, so it would help to know how much time I have to input it.

Oh, oh! Another question!

If you're in pressure, how do you get DPs out the SECOND you have an opening? I'm aware of the (3?) frame buffer BB has if you hold the button, but does that work with the dp motion? For example, if I'm in pressure and I input the dp motion and come out of blockstun in those three (or however many) frames the input buffer lasts for, will I get a dp or just that single button's normal?

Speaking of the 3 frame buffer, could someone explain in detail how that works?  If I want to dash as soon as possible after a move, what do I have to input: 66 (with the last or maybe first 6 at some point within the correct 3 frames?) or hold6,6 or 6,hold6?  Does that change if the move can be dash cancelled (or do I just do the input earlier)?

FN1 & FN2 are only used in training/challenge mode as far as I know. They don't have a use in actual vs. gameplay. If your stick has 8 buttons though, you could easily fit all four buttons, + 2 macros, + FN1/2 if you really wanted to. However, I would imagine that playing on stick would eliminate the need for button macros.

Cool ok, yea I have a stick with 8 buttons.

Thanks. :)

Outside of Training/Challenge/Tutorial gameplay uses, FN1 toggles Technical/Stylish and FN2 toggles Normal/Unlimited in character select.

Outside of Training/Challenge/Tutorial gameplay uses, FN1 toggles Technical/Stylish and FN2 toggles Normal/Unlimited in character select.

Oh ok.

So when I want to use technical all the time anyway, I can just ignore FN1 and FN2 right?

For the most part yes.

FN1 and FN2 are also the buttons you would use to record/play the training dummy in practice mode.

Oh ok.

So when I want to use technical all the time anyway, I can just ignore FN1 and FN2 right?

Just don't press FN1 on accident lol. I keep FN1 on my stick just in case I want to train, and I don't have to worry about pressing it after

For the most part yes.

FN1 and FN2 are also the buttons you would use to record/play the training dummy in practice mode.

Ok thanks.

Just don't press FN1 on accident lol. I keep FN1 on my stick just in case I want to train, and I don't have to worry about pressing it after

I want to bind stuff like A+B+C and A+B+C+D on the buttons where FN1 and FN2 are. :)