KayEff

BlazBlue Question Thread - Ask your questions here!

You could make an argument for Carl in S, but I haven't seen any super convincing Carl play myself, so it's all theoretical for me.  Carl might be Stealth S.

How do I read a revolver action table?

Uh. The leftmost column is the moving you are cancelling out of.  The next three columns are which A moves, B moves, and C (Respectively) moves you cancel into.  There's some color coding but it's mostly straightforward - and labelled at the bottom of the section.

Which pack do I need to buy to get Hype Dog stage? x.x

Its in Set 3, which is "Bascule", where "Hype Dog" is on that stage.

Huzzah! I shall honor my healthy puppy with the return of Hype Dog.

I'm curious - are there any characters for which round start OD isn't a terrible idea?

In some matches its an okay idea for tsubaki. Theres a lot of mind games for tager too off of round start OD

I guess Haku can still do it for an instant 3-4 bars. People were doing it early on but I'm not sure if the patch changed anything. 

You can start the round with OD as Izayoi against Nu to get 4 stocks since Nu's drive projectiles are faster than Sonic Saber and Nu will never be anywhere where you can hit her with Crusade Seraphims.

Having stocks against Nu makes that match-up much more manageable, but they're pretty hard to get the normal way, so I think that's a good strategy.

I'm curious - are there any characters for which round start OD isn't a terrible idea?

Basically "characters whose overdrive gives them a resource they wouldn't otherwise have." :P

So not for characters who start the round with all their resources (Rachel, Valk, etc)

Not for characters whose OD basically does nothing outside of combos (Noel, Ragna, etc)

I'm a somewhat new player to Blazblue but I've been playing fighters for a long time. Are there any decent hitbox-data for this game? There's dead links all over the wiki.

I don't think there is any hitbox data for CP, unfortunately.  Extend had full hitbox data, but to my knowledge, no one has ripped the CP Hitboxes.

So when's the next loketest?

One has not been announced iirc.

So during a local session today, during my distortion drive reversals, I see like the first few starting animations of my opponents normal and he some how was able to barrier block this claiming he had done a kara barrier. Though he claims you can do this during throw also but my question is if it really is possible to kara barrier in situations like it cause its the first time I've heard of it and it was messing with my reversal game quite a bit.

So during a local session today, during my distortion drive reversals, I see like the first few starting animations of my opponents normal and he some how was able to barrier block this claiming he had done a kara barrier. Though he claims you can do this during throw also but my question is if it really is possible to kara barrier in situations like it cause its the first time I've heard of it and it was messing with my reversal game quite a bit.

You can option select barrier on oki

If your move isn't active you can barrier during the startup of it during superflash. It's why dd reversals aren't as good. Just counter assault if you have the meter.

How can you follow Arc Revo live next weekend? Do you need a premium Nico account?

For streams, you only need a premium account to watch timeshifts without a reservation, and if you want a better chance to not get kicked off. To just watch it, all you need is a basic account.

Last time, though, Kurushii was kind enough to restream it on his Twitch channel, so I'd recommend keeping an eye out for if he does it again.