KayEff

BlazBlue Question Thread - Ask your questions here!

Ehhh, its not all that important. I mean, it convenient, but anyone who would care about what version it is should know how to check. If you dont know how, then theres little point to worry about it. You wouldn't have known enough about the game before the change for it to matter anyway. 

Ehhh, its not all that important. I mean, it convenient, but anyone who would care about what version it is should know how to check. If you dont know how, then theres little point to worry about it. You wouldn't have known enough about the game before the change for it to matter anyway. 

Depends. Do people get automatically updated if they try to play online?

Last i check yes you do get updated as soon as you load the game. it auto prompts to a " a update version for this game is avaliable etc etc etc" black screen before you even see anything.

I've got the same stick - Madcatz WWE Brawlstick. I put an octagonal gate in mine, which helped out on diagonals. You have to be careful not to break the tabs it hooks into when removing the old one. It was kind of annoying to remove, but putting the new one on was easy. You can find tutorials online if you're interested.

Hi guys im having some problems with some commands in BlazBlue.Sometimes when i try 3c it goes 6c I use a wwe stick with stock joystick if i change it can it get any better?

Ok, this is more of a general question and the first I've had to post here, but I wanna know; are option selects character specific or are there general ones for the system of the game?

Ok, this is more of a general question and the first I've had to post here, but I wanna know; are option selects character specific or are there general ones for the system of the game?

Both. :P

The most commonly mentioned OS is the "throw tech OS" where you push 1ABC.  That will tech a throw if your opponent tries to throw you (right when you do it - if they do it afterwards, you're screwed) and will give you barrier guard if they don't.

Then there are character specific things like "On Jin's wakeup, if you do a meaty 2A (as most characters anyway), you will recover quickly enough to block his DPs, but still get the benefits of the meaty if he decides to do anything else."

Any tier lists for Extend been made yet?

That would require someone actually playing it, but I'll take a wild guess and assume:  

S: Nu, Jin, Ragna, Carl, Hazama

A: Valk, Tao, Mu, Azrael, Litchi, Relius, Tager, Izayoi

B: Bang, Kokonoe, Hakumen, Rachel, Makoto, Noel, Celica, Lambda,

C: Tsubaki, Lambda,  Platinum, Bullet, Arakune Terumi, Kagura, Amane, Terumi

Again, just a shot in the dark as to what I've seen so far.  I'm pretty sure someone will come along and shoot this to the ground though, but I'm not doing anything else right now so screw it.

I play May in guilty gear and Mitsuru in persona. What is a character for me in this game that would make me feel at home, any suggestions?

I play May in guilty gear and Mitsuru in persona. What is a character for me in this game that would make me feel at home, any suggestions?

Kagura, terumi, platinum.

Kagura, terumi, platinum.

Okay i will give them  try. I have played: Tsubaki, makoto, noel and valk already. So, I will give these guys a try as well.

Can dash be programmed to a dedicated button in BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend? I play on a controller and the double tap to dash can be pretty finicky.

I don't really think so unless you have turbo inputs or something weird for the controller. Other than that, best advice I can give is practice dashing and dash canceling more....or play Tager =P

Oh such questions I have.

For starters I'm trying to learn 2A option selects for DPs. I've run into a couple queries.

Okay Relius' 2A has 8 frames of recovery. does this mean his option select will or will not work on Kagura who has 8 frames of start-up? If not Kagura will it work on those with 9 or more frames of start-up? Also is there a visual cue used for timing this kind of option select, or any disadvantages I should be aware of when using it?

Some people use the buffering system for barrier to cancel their A or B normals into barrier when the opponent uses a distortion flash DP. What is the timing for this? Does it work on Distortions like Arakune's which have 7 frames or less of start-up?

How do I use training mode to practice option selects? is there a way to set up the dummy so it DPs on wake-up?

On the topic of instant blocking, is there a way to IB safely in lag?

Is there any way to protect from cross-ups screwing up your command moves? too many times I've tried to get cheeky with led leying Koko's 22B and instead gotten punished for 4K from my 214A because she 22C'd. I've had similar problems with Arakune's fake-outs and moves like it and not just with Relius. Any solutions?

More questions as they emerge.

Oh such questions I have.

For starters I'm trying to learn 2A option selects for DPs. I've run into a couple queries.

Okay Relius' 2A has 8 frames of recovery. does this mean his option select will or will not work on Kagura who has 8 frames of start-up? If not Kagura will it work on those with 9 or more frames of start-up? Also is there a visual cue used for timing this kind of option select, or any disadvantages I should be aware of when using it?

How do I use training mode to practice option selects? is there a way to set up the dummy so it DPs on wake-up?

Just looking at the data, Relius's 2A won't work on 9 frame and faster DPs. And it isn't really practical for 10-12 frame DPs either. To truly do the option select, your last active frame has to overlap with their first vulnerable frame on wakeup, meaning that there would be a minimum of 9 frames before you could start blocking (so Ragna's DP would hit you).

And that's only if you do the meaty frame-perfectly every time. Realistically you would be doing it a few frames later than perfect timing, meaning that 10-12 frame reversals would also hit you consistently.

As far as timing goes...characters are able to take actions as soon as their feet touch the ground (assuming a neutral/emergency tech). So you just have to time it so that your jab is active when their feet hit the ground.

And the closest thing you can do to having the dummy wakeup dp is to record them mashing the input. Then start that recording while you combo them....if you get lucky they will mash out a wakeup DP.

Ragna's inferno divider is 9 frames before its first active though right? it's not active on frame 9 is it? so if I put the last frame of my 2A's actives in the first frame of its start-up I should still have 8 frames to recover right?

And I do frame perfect stuff in combos all the time (offline at least) so I'm not too worried about difficulty. If I get it in my muscle memory I'll have it or something close to it 90% of the time.

I'll try the mash thing for the DP on wake-up! It sounds like as close as I'll get. I wish I knew how to use training mode better in general.

Thanks for the response by the way. I still need those other questions answered if at all possible.

Oh yeah you're right about ID's startup....just good luck getting that frame perfect 90% of the time. I've tried that before but your execution might be better than mine.

Be one frame too late and you get DP'd. Be one frame too early and your jab whiffs completely. That's why I only do it for stuff like Jin's and Litchi's DPs. Doing it for Ragnas is like :vbang:

Ragna's inferno divider is 9 frames before its first active though right? it's not active on frame 9 is it? so if I put the last frame of my 2A's actives in the first frame of its start-up I should still have 8 frames to recover right?

And I do frame perfect stuff in combos all the time (offline at least) so I'm not too worried about difficulty. If I get it in my muscle memory I'll have it or something close to it 90% of the time.

I'll try the mash thing for the DP on wake-up! It sounds like as close as I'll get. I wish I knew how to use training mode better in general.

Thanks for the response by the way. I still need those other questions answered if at all possible.

Startup lists first active frame. It hits on frame 9. The 2A>4/1AB OS works against jin, mu, and bullet's dps just doing a normal meaty. It works against tsubaki, litchi, and azrael's dps as well, but your going to have to meaty the later active frames. Pick your character as player 2 and record the setup and meaty. Your going to have to be player 1 with the character your testing it with and input the dp yourself. You have to record over and over to see if you've got the timing down

Okay, that makes sense. I tested it by comboing Ragna's 5A into his 2C and 5C. Ragna's 5A has 12 hitstun and his 2C has 12 start-up while his 5C has 13. The fact that 5A>2C works and 5A>5C doesn't confirms this.

Thanks for the advice by the way!